Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My Dad and stepmom are coming to visit this weekend and help repair my fence (it was damaged last fall during Sandy), and I have no idea what's going to happen when Rex the kitten meets Willow, their very playful laborador / retriever mix who likes to chase their cats at home.

Your house - your rules. Make the dog stay in one room and outdoors once the fence is fixed.

Your house - your rules. Make the dog stay in one room and outdoors once the fence is fixed.

If I'd been letting the kitten in my room to this point I'd just put him in there with his box (I normally keep my room closed to the dog anyhow because she sheds like a mofo), but I don't trust him in there alone after seeing him with some of the rest of my house. He's been hiding when other people come over but his default is to hide under the bed in the spare bedroom. And this weekend is just a trial run for December (if I keep the kitten), when I'll be watching their dog for a week (ahhh!) when they go on vacation because my stepmom's delinquent brother is an irresponsible mooch and they won't board her. I was already stressed out just thinking about the dog being here for a week, but I can't really say no because they watched my dog for me multiple times over the years. There will be drinking this weekend.

There will be drinking this weekend.

Beer while mending fences is in PA law.

Complaint: already late for work this morning, two seperate random traffic jams slowed me down even more. One was a lane blocked for mowing, the second was an accident in a construction zone. There was an accident in the same area on the other side of the highway, I'm betting one of those was a rubber-neck rear ending.

I'm going to expand upon my earlier complaint. I have three fantasy hockey drafts scheduled for Sunday night that I won't be able to participate in now thanks to being scheduled to work. Which means I have to spend like five hours Sunday morning setting pre-draft rankings so that autodrafting doesn't completely bone me. I'm not going to be able to draft in person any of the five leagues I'm in this year. What a crapshoot. :wallbash:

The latest late-night work last night went longer than it should have. This isn't uncommon for my job these days, but we had to wait almost 90 minutes for one of our systems to shut down some processes and restart them. For those not familiar enough, normally, this would take 10 minutes...tops. During the whole time, our system admin was getting really punchy and making no sense...I came to realize that he hadn't slept since Monday night and he was probably on his 20th Red Bull.

Then this morning, our other system admins blamed myself and our firewall admin because we didn't use the proper procedure to contact them overnight when we were waiting...even though we called everyone's cell phone and sent hi-priority emails. All calls went immediately to voice mail - meaning they didn't even have their phones turned on.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

The Grocery Shrink Ray has come to the lab.

Haha. I wish it'd shrink my workload; instead, only my motivation. :( I'm the only one here on a beautiful day with tons of work to be done at home, and yet I can't leave before about 7:45pm due to a time-course experiment. Ugh.

The military does almost nothing to help people transitioning to civilian life. Not to metion all of these people with Support our Troops stickers who think that fulfills the obligation stated on the sticker. Also it sucks being active duty enlisted.

I see an entrepreneurship opportunity for you there.

Last year my dentist hit a nerve when administering novocaine, the left side of my tongue was still numb six months later.

Sometimes they target the nerves intentionally (for major oral surgery for example). He must have cut the nerve right up with the needle. ouch. (or not ouch, i guess)

Sometimes they target the nerves intentionally (for major oral surgery for example). He must have cut the nerve right up with the needle. ouch. (or not ouch, i guess)

It was just for a crown and I was worried that it might have been severed but the numbness eventually went away. He told me that he must have nicked the myelin sheath with the tip of the needle.