Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The silly check engine light came on, then went off, then came on again - all this week.

On a whim, I'm gonna say O2 sensor.

D4rksabre might be right... Same thing happened to me with the light coming off and on for a few months before it came on and stayed on. Turned out that I needed to replace the main catalytic converter (and the O2 sensors on either side of it). That's an expensive repair, so I hope it's something else for your sake!

And thanks again for all the kind words from everyone. Bun, glad to hear your son is still fighting and doing well.

The commonwealth of pennsylvania...that's my complaint! Hate the entire north eastern quarter of this armpit of a state.

Got a ###### speeding ticket from a part time cop, using his ultra high tech, state-of-the-art STOPWATCH!!! Plead not guilty and asked for a trial, as per usual. (by the way, they still hand write the tickets in this 19th century excuse for a state, so i had to wait for my trial date to come in the mail.) Court date notice never arrived, but my bench warrant sure did!

I drove to the court house/gift shop/deli (I swear to god, I'm not making that up) to tell them that i never received notice of the trial, and they said "yes, you did." To which I replied, "why would i plead not guilty and then skip my hearing?" She had no reply to this but to say "You never opened your certified mail." Then the bitch hands me an unopened letter out of my file, and promptly snatches it back before i can even look at it.

So now i have to go through the process of filing a appeal just so i can get out of a $150 dollar speeding ticket that they cant even give me any points for!

It's not the money, it's the principal of it. I want my day in court as it is my right as an American to have one!

A cop is a constable, a judge is a magistrate, its like i moved 165 miles and woke up in 1895! Can't buy beer at a store, the pizza here is bread and ketchup with american cheese on it. There are no houses with lawns, garages and driveways don't exist, on street parking is considered a luxury here. The roads suck, they don't know how to plow in the winter, every ###### drives in the left lane while going 55.....holy hell, I cant wait to get back to New York!! One and a half more years of this....hopefully less.

Apologies to all the PA citizens that I have offended with this message.

EDIT: And my most sincere apologies to those with actual issues and complaints that really matter to peoples lives. In comparison this is all trivial ramblings. Biodork, that really sucks and I'm sorry she has to go through that.

Sorry about your ticket, man.

I know I've said this before, but Pandora needs to realize that I am never going to by a "Best Of" CD,.. ever. Just tell me the original album that a song came from. No ch!t it's on the Greatest Hits album,.. your playing it.

I'm very sorry to hear about the health issues, Arc and Bio. My grandma just got moved into a nursery home because her dementia is getting so bad, so we've all got a bit of bad luck like that recently :(

I work at Best Buy, and Chris is a d!ckhole (my manager, not the guy in UT). Our manager in computers quit a couple weeks ago, so now we have the biggest tool ever as the double manager of home theater and computers (which he knows nothing about).

During work this morning there were absolutely no customers present. I decided to do what I always do at work when there's nothing to be done, and that's get on one of the display computers and visit Sabrespace. Chris came over and in a very unnecessarily condescendingly asked me what I was doing and reprimanded me for it. He told me I had to be out in the store helping customers, or cleaning up my department. Our department was f*cking spotless today, and he just wanted to be a d!ck. Getting to use the internet during shifts is actually something they advertise in job offerings (and even in the literature they give you when you get hired), so I don't know where it came from at all.

-but that's not all of Chris's d!ickery- There's more!

I gave an old man a five fifty discount on a $150 printer and $100 worth of ink and Chris reprimanded me for it. The inks usually come in a bundle, but we were out of the bundle box. The bundle would've saved the customer five dollars and fifty cents, so I did what I judged to be correct and took the money off the inks. The register prompted me for a manager override, so I called Chris over to override it so I could finish the transaction. Chris resorted to his jerk instincts and started to reprimand me for trying to help the customer. The old man got angry and started yelling at Chris for not trying to help Best Buy's customers, and for lecturing me in front of a customer (himself). Chris buzzed off, and my customer looked me in the eye after the transaction and gave me a sturdy handshake and thanked me for my help.

So: little bit of good and a little bit of bad today. Only it's all bad because I have to work with my manager :wallbash:

(apologies for all my swearing, but I swear alot :censored: )

backstory: Had an awesome Fourth with my girlfriend and her brother and a mutual friend. We drove down to Croton, NY to bike along the old aqueduct trail. Ended up going about 13 miles total. Great time up until:

complaints: 1) I started suffering from heat exhaustion. I had to drink: 2 L of water, a large bottle of powerade, and a 20 OZ Hawaiian Punch, and ate some jerky (salty food to help retain the water in my body). Didn't help much, as I was still dehydrated, clammy, and at one point, I had the chills even though it was 90° outside. We took a long break to relax in the shade, and then we took off again towards the cars (still 4 miles out), when 2) the back tire of my bike went flat. I had to walk the last 4 miles. awesome. It ended up taking us a little longer than desired to get back to the cars. So, instead of grilling at the park, we decided to wait until we got to my girlfriend's parent's house. We called on our way back and they said, "yeah sure, feel free to grill whenever you get home."

3) Well, we got there at 915 pm after stopping for a few extra groceries (and another stop for more fluids for me). We get there, and the parental units are already in bed, and they left a note on the counter saying something along the lines of "we're in bed, we don't want you grilling this late, blah blah blah, FU" (again, I'm paraphrasing :rolleyes: ). So we decided to set up the grill and eat on the back deck anyways, but we had to do so with candles and a flashlight because God forbid we turn on a light. :wallbash: I love my girlfriend, but her parents leave a little to be desired.

and now today, I have to work, while 85% of my customers are either 1) shut down for the week, or 2) shut down for their scheduled annual summer shutdown...I have 2 major projects with customers who are not shut down, and I LOATHE one of them so much, that I am having the receptionist screen my calls today (not supposed to do that, but I talk to her at the front desk all the time, so she's really nice to me :) ).

Wouldn't eating salty food have the exact opposite effect of what you mentioned?

I carry salty snacks when I run long distance. Sweat removes a ridiculous amount of critical sodium from your body and needs to be replenished (with a consummate amount of water) on a regular basis. Gatorade/Powerade are actually very high in sodium.

I carry salty snacks when I run long distance. Sweat removes a ridiculous amount of critical sodium from your body and needs to be replenished (with a consummate amount of water) on a regular basis. Gatorade/Powerade are actually very high in sodium.

Yup, gotta have that sodium. My girlfriend is notorious for getting dehydrated so I keep water and pretzels in my truck all the time.

exactly. My shirt was soaked as if I had just gone swimming. I am pretty sure that I was extremely low of the necessary amount of sodium in my body. I still feel drained today :( Really wish I could just take off and leave!

Jerky is also a great source of protein. If you look at the newest Gatorade systems where they have 3 stages of drinks; the post workout one has a lot of protein.

1) We had no internet or phones at work on Tuesday. I got absolutely nothing accomplished, and basically wasted the day with TheChive on my phone, and hanging and words with friends.

You didn't have internet at work and your productivity went *down*???

Yep, you sweat out a lot of sodium, which you need to replace. The technical term is hyponatremia, but it's commonly known as water intoxication or poisioning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Complaint: back to the office for the first time since June 21st, I could have used more time.

Edited by MattPie

You didn't have internet at work and your productivity went *down*???

The phones being down, and my email being inaccessible is what killed my productivity. I'm a sales engineer. I need to be in contact with my customers in order to do my job. thus. productivity dips. sucks. Although, I think I'll be applying for a new better paying job tomorrow, but that can go in tomorrow's thread.

Beer league refs - I don't care if you suck, just don't have an attitude as well.

Summer interns - if I wanted to be a teacher, I would have been a teacher.

Co-workers complaining about being broke - look, you bought a house you couldn't afford, drive a car you couldn't afford, have 5 magazine subscriptions, have the top tier cable package, go out to dinner every other night and have a smart phone. Gee, I wonder why you are broke. Live within your means, dummy, and quit cryin'.

150 days on the market...still no offers on my house...

Beer league refs - I don't care if you suck, just don't have an attitude as well.

Co-workers complaining about being broke - look, you bought a house you couldn't afford, drive a car you couldn't afford, have 5 magazine subscriptions, have the top tier cable package, go out to dinner every other night and have a smart phone. Gee, I wonder why you are broke. Live within your means, dummy, and quit cryin'.

I love teaching my summer interns. Great chance to challenge a prospective hire, teach them your way of doing things, and learn a great deal more about their abilities than you ever would in an interview. Plus, it's a chance to sell them on you, and in engineering, selling your company to new talent is just as important as identifying the talent in the first place.

Plus, they are dumb and gullible, which has hilarious results if you are creative about it.

This bugs the hell out of me! Especially since the one's where I am that are doing it, make more than me, and don't devote one full paycheck a month to student loans! I'm making ends meet, STFU! :censored:

I love teaching my summer interns. Great chance to challenge a prospective hire, teach them your way of doing things, and learn a great deal more about their abilities than you ever would in an interview. Plus, it's a chance to sell them on you, and in engineering, selling your company to new talent is just as important as identifying the talent in the first place.

Plus, they are dumb and gullible, which has hilarious results if you are creative about it.

best part about interns haha! I remember being one of 'em too :blush:

My complaint: Control freaks, and parents that charge their kids that are still in college rent (aka my girlfriend's father). She's trying to go to med school, and has enough money saved for one year's tuition after inheriting 90% of the money from her aunt. Her parents charge her rent, make her buy her own food, charge her for health and car insurance, her cell phone, and then on top of that she buys her own gas, and has to buy all the stuff for her apartment and school. :censored: The guy pisses me off with how selfish he is, and how greedy he can be. He just takes the money from her account to pay for some of those bills. If she wasn't about to start med school, and was completely done with school, I could understand it, but she's not going to be able to keep working much during med school, so her income is going to be gone.

Do any of you parentals charge your kids rent? Will you be charging your kids rent at some point? am I delusional to think that this is ridiculous? I live at home now, and don't pay rent per say. But I pay the cable/internet/phone bill, I buy half the groceries, I pay my part of the family plan cell phone bill, and I do my share of stuff around the house to help my mom out. I also, as stated above pay a large amount in student loans (thanks RIT), so I feel as if my mom is giving me a fair deal.