Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1) Just finished booking my hotels/flights for a business trip next week. traveling to CA/AZ. 4 nights/5 days. 4 different hotels...I'm going to be so dead from this business trip! :wacko:

2) Dentists. 'nuff said. actually, not quite, long roots -> touching my sinuses -> causing pain... :death:

3) I have an afternoon full of meetings to discuss a plethora of useless things because the people that planned these meetings are very unorganized when it comes to mtg planning. :wallbash:

2) Dentists. 'nuff said. actually, not quite, long roots -> touching my sinuses -> causing pain... :death:

Having opposite issue, was born without adult teeth in a few spots so have had these baby teeth for 30 years now. Dentist says the teeth themselves are in ok shape, however the roots are short and were obviously not meant to hang on for this long and are coming loose. Am dealing with the pain in my mouth and eventually my wallet.

Edited by Lanny

Having opposite issue, was born without adult teeth in a few spots so have had these baby teeth for 30 years now. Dentist says the teeth themselves are in ok shape, however the roots are short and were obviously not meant to hang on for this long and are coming loose. Am dealing with the pain in my mouth and eventually my wallet.

Well that's one I've never heard of. How common is this?

Hockey coaches that are OUT OF CONTROL on the bench, that teach their players that predatory hits are OK, and get more OUT OF CONTROL when I call them penalties. What a joke. That team is now blocked in my schedule so I don't have to see it anymore. Football on skates. I like good hitting, but it's gotta be clean and on time. Taking 3 strides to slam a player into the boards, in the head (usually), 3 seconds after he has passed the puck, is stupid, bad, dirty hockey. Some people just don't get it.

Same complaint as someone else upthread: I keep logging on to and refreshing Sabrespace hoping to hear about a move - ANY move - and keep getting nothing.

^this

Edited by BuffalOhio

We're switching to that here. It really doesn't work at all for a big portion of what we do, so yeah, smart move.

There is a lot you can do with it especially with some of the geniuses online and incredible code writers but in the Air Force they dont allow us to do ANYTHING fun or imaginative. ITs technically a shared drive, document libraries, picture libraries, and If they are feeling frisky a calender or a chart. Maybe a KPI thrown in but most of the people i work with dont understand the thought of storing documents online so its pretty hard to introduce these things to the technological illiterate

Wow, never heard of that! yeah, I'm lucky I signed up for the dental insurance this year thru my employer. Took care of my expenses yesterday (would've been well over $230). I was also told at the appt that I grind my teeth at night, and that Ineed to get a mouthguard to put in at night, much like an athletes mouth guard. meh.

1 meeting down. 2 to go...and only 3/3.5 hours left in the day :(

Same complaint as someone else upthread: I keep logging on to and refreshing Sabrespace hoping to hear about a move - ANY move - and keep getting nothing.

I wonder how many people are just waiting for a change with a second browser window open. They've got their "Ruff/Darcy fired" post all written up and are waiting to hit that post button just so they can be the first to say it.

Hockey coaches that are OUT OF CONTROL on the bench, that teach their players that predatory hits are OK, and get more OUT OF CONTROL when I call them penalties. What a joke. That team is now blocked in my schedule so I don't have to see it anymore. Football on skates. I like good hitting, but it's gotta be clean and on time. Taking 3 strides to slam a player into the boards, in the head (usually), 3 seconds after he has passed the puck, is stupid, bad, dirty hockey. Some people just don't get it.

You really are my favorite ref. That crap has become the norm around the game and its flat out dangerous.

There is a lot you can do with it especially with some of the geniuses online and incredible code writers but in the Air Force they dont allow us to do ANYTHING fun or imaginative. ITs technically a shared drive, document libraries, picture libraries, and If they are feeling frisky a calender or a chart. Maybe a KPI thrown in but most of the people i work with dont understand the thought of storing documents online so its pretty hard to introduce these things to the technological illiterate

Our problem is that there are specific file types that we use all the time that will not work with the system. We have some complicated setup that causes nothing but trouble.

It's so cold here that I had to run the windshield wipers to remove the film of crystallized dew on my windshield this morning. Luckily it starts heating up at 7 am so it didn't last long.

Cold? In LA ... if that's where you really are.

At least you didn't have to ... scrape, brush and / or shovel it.

I wonder how many people are just waiting for a change with a second browser window open. They've got their "Ruff/Darcy fired" post all written up and are waiting to hit that post button just so they can be the first to say it.

I don't doubt that one bit. I just want to write FINALLY and move on.

You really are my favorite ref. That crap has become the norm around the game and its flat out dangerous.

Unrelated story: there was a high school game right before my kid's mini-mites practice last week, and as they were coming off the ice the referee tapped Hunter on the head. My kid was so excited about the ref noticing him. I told him that might not be a good thing in the future....

That would be an exercise in futility, chz is always first.

Well, not always... :unsure:

Unrelated story: there was a high school game right before my kid's mini-mites practice last week, and as they were coming off the ice the referee tapped Hunter on the head. My kid was so excited about the ref noticing him. I told him that might not be a good thing in the future....

Future ref? I hope not. Your son is far too young to be destined to be hated by me.

edit: Oh, and speaking of refs, I have a giant stick shaped welt across the side of my neck right now. Penalty? Of course not.

Edited by shrader

Cold? In LA ... if that's where you really are.

At least you didn't have to ... scrape, brush and / or shovel it.

Yes, that is where I am and it ran down to a bone chilling 35 degrees last night!!!

But yeah, I am originally from Norway so I know what winter is really supposed to be like :)

I've got my "Roy is traded to _____" all cued up.

The appliance issues continue, now with human incompetence thrown in for good measure. After getting a new/used refrigerator last Tues. morning and realizing it was supposed to come with an icemaker, this is the timeline:

Tues. 1/10 - service guy said to call him when I got home to bring it over, but when I did he'd forgotten and said he'd come by the next morning.

Wed. 1/11 - guy comes over and installs an icemaker

Thurs. 1/12 - guy calls in the morning to ask if I have ice (I don't). He says to call when I get home and he'll be over. I call when I get home but again he's forgotten about me and offers to come Sat. morning.

Sat. 1/14 - guy comes over and installs a different icemaker

Mon. 1/16 - guy calls in the morning to ask if I have ice (I don't) and says he'll be by the next morning.

Tues. 1/17 - guy comes over in the morning, inexplicably without another icemaker. He checks the other one and sees that it isn't working, and checks the water line to make sure it is working. Says he'll bring a different one the next morning. Thankfully I didn't leave for work right away because he hadn't properly re-attached the water line and I ended up with a puddle on my kitchen floor.

Wed. 1/18 - I call the guy in the a.m. after he doesn't show, and he'd forgotten about me. Apologizes and tells me to call him when I get home that evening. I do and it goes to voicemail.

Thurs. 1/19 (today) - guy shows up in the morning and installs yet another icemaker. Got home from work a little while ago, and STILL no ice.

Guess I'll be buying some ice cube trays. >:(