Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I just got an automated phone call supposedly from HSBC saying that my bank card has been lost/locked. Problem is, I have never been an HSBC customer at any point in my life. I hope this was just a scam and someone didn't somehow steal my info at some point.

edit: I called their customer service. Yep, it's a scam just like I figured. I hope they're actually able to track the phone number I gave them.

Freaking human resources. We turned in the paperwork to apply for my promotion the first week of May, and after several rounds of inventing new forms and delaying for no good reason, finally received word yesterday that the promotion was approved. That sounds great, except the amount is going to be just enough to cover the payments on the student loans I took out to do my Master's, and still leaves me grossly underpaid for my level of experience. On top of that, since they took almost two months to finish my review and we get paid monthly (today), I won't see the increase until the end of July, AFTER the first loan payment is due. :censored:

Pregnancy Sleeping Sprawl... By 1 am last night I had exactly 11 inches of the bed left to sleep on. I learned years ago never to wake a sleeping pregnant woman, but now my back and neck are a complete mess from the rediculous sleeping position I had to take to fit into the available space. I'm bringing the air mattress in from the garage as an emergency back-up tonight.

I feel your pain. I've got a new rugrat on the way in August.

I've got nothing. I was going to complain that we had a complaint Thursday thread on a day like today, but I have trouble complaining when I did appreciate a post.

FACEBOOK IS EVIL!!!! It forces all these social interactions on you that complicate your life and inevitably lead to you somehow hurting someones feelings even though you did not intend to and its freaking EVIL!!! :censored:

• Like (+1) 2

i have absolutely zero to complain about right now. i have an incredible family, awesome job, the sabres are kicking ass all over the place BEFORE tomorrow ... sorry--wish there were a "non-complaint" thread, but this is what we have, so ... there it is.

• Like (+1) 1

I kinda have to laugh at all of you men out there who are complaining about the lack of sleeping space because your wives are expecting. AFAIAC, if the Lord ever blesses my wife and I with a baby, I am going to enjoy every moment of it. We've been waiting long enough as it is.

• Like (+1) 2

I kinda have to laugh at all of you men out there who are complaining about the lack of sleeping space because your wives are expecting. AFAIAC, if the Lord ever blesses my wife and I with a baby, I am going to enjoy every moment of it. We've been waiting long enough as it is.

wouldn't trade it for the world....

...but I'm still gonna complain about it. Marriage is wonderful that way.

Seriously? Is there no where else on the internet for you to discuss this?

Last time I checked, this is a complaint thread, right? Maybe something's getting lost in translation within the English language. <_<

Cross, that is some hard luck and I wish you and your wife the best. Keep the faith bro.

Cross, that is some hard luck and I wish you and your wife the best. Keep the faith bro.

Despite our differences of opinion on the other topic, I honestly pray that a family as open and yearning for children as yours is blessed with their arrival.

There's some judgement. Nice disclaimer though.

It was a disclaimer, but it was not judgmental. I'm not Fred Phelps - nor would I ever want to be.

BTW, thanks for the encouragement. If and when the little bundle of blessing and joy comes our way, we are really going to make the most of our time with him or her. And, if there are others that come our way, we'll do the same for them as well.

Last time I checked, this is a complaint thread, right? Maybe something's getting lost in translation within the English language. <_>

There is nothing I can do about your lack of social skills at this point in your life. What I can bring to your attention, and you have apparently missed, is that this thread has 5,000 light-hearted posts (that occasionally veer into the personal space at the poster's discretion). It is NOT here for your political pontification as you have tried to interject again and again here at Sabrespace.

Talk politics somewhere else.

There is nothing I can do about your lack of social skills at this point in your life. What I can bring to your attention, and you have apparently missed, is that this thread has 5,000 light-hearted posts (that occasionally veer into the personal space at the poster's discretion). It is NOT here for your political pontification as you have tried to interject again and again here at Sabrespace.

Talk politics somewhere else.

Yup. Definitely a personality clash. We've never liked each other.

Really? While you're complaining about a vote that made a lot of people happy and hurt not a soul?

And I do hope that you and Mrs. XC are successful.

Ok, let's see if this non-complaint passes the gauntlet of the powers that be...

My wife thinks I have a really sick mind. Every day, when I get a chance to get online, I go over to Wikipedia to look up the Recent deaths. I like to see if someone notable that I've heard about in the past has passed away. She can't believe that I do this. I figure that it hasn't killed me to look this up.

Ok, let's see if this non-complaint passes the gauntlet of the powers that be...

My wife thinks I have a really sick mind. Every day, when I get a chance to get online, I go over to Wikipedia to look up the Recent deaths. I like to see if someone notable that I've heard about in the past has passed away. She can't believe that I do this. I figure that it hasn't killed me to look this up.

My folks read the obits in TBN every day. Same thing, right?

Pretty much. I also look at it this way: if I'm not reading it, I might as well be one of the people listed there.

That might be a little extreme. Regarding both your sense of mortality and your sense of what deaths should be listed on wikipedia (no disrespect meant).