Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The vendor of a fairly popular software app (who shall remain nameless) made some changes in its latest version which renders much of our remote data system useless. Now, everyone who downloads this new version basically shuts down their ability to do work. Oh, and since it is our website, I get all of the support calls. Nifty. Thanks to (nameless) software vendor for screwing up my holiday weekend.:angry:

why have I never gotten a gift avatar yet?

Don't worry. Your time will come.

Now, my complaint for the week: If last week's vote in the NY State Senate was not an indicator that NYS is running like lemmings into the sea and hasn't reached its nadir yet, I don't know what is.

Potential sports hernia. Fun.

And now 2 hours before my schedules appointment to have this checked on, they call and say they need to reschedule. Thanks for the notice there, people. It's not like I'm headed out of town for a week later today and need to be checked on now.

Don't worry. Your time will come.

Now, my complaint for the week: If last week's vote in the NY State Senate was not an indicator that NYS is running like lemmings into the sea and hasn't reached its nadir yet, I don't know what is.

I really thought the tradeoff between rent protection and limits on property tax increases was an excellent political compromise...

What the hell is a gift avatar?

Here's the story behind a "gift avatar".

A few years ago, while I was surfing the net, I came across a website for the Church of Satan out in Salem, Massachusetts (run by someone other than Anton LaVey). The guy who ran it, who called himself Lord Egan (real name John Dewey Allee), put up an Ourobouros baphomet and said, "This Ouroboros Baphomet is his gift to you". So, I spun that around and decided that I would put up avatars toward fellow SS members and how they might apply to them.

Don't worry. I'm not a Satanist and it's not a hex against any of you. It's just that I have a very bizarre way of piecing things together in tangents. Sorta like that Connections show that was probably aired on either Discovery or the History channel.

I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm this morning, in a great mood, thanks to the dream I had. I was 100% convinced it was true until I was in the shower and realized it was just a dream. What was the dream? Terry Pegula had bought the company I work for from my jackass Frenchie boss, and was flying all of us (there's 10 in the office) up to Minnesota on his private jet to celebrate... by going gun shopping.

Woke up and had the misfortune of watching that Tums commercial where the guy and his girl are at an amusement park and he's trying to eat a corn dog thats sort of slapping him in the face kind of like its alive( and ahem, kind of phallic ) and he ends up with this stuff all over his face. Whats with that? It was disturbing on so many levels. Thats my complaint for today. Tasteless.

Stems.

Sliced banana peppers, cherry peppers, jalapenos - no matter the brand. It seems like 50% of the slices have either a little piece of the stem or sometimes a giant honking whole stem. How hard would it be to cut that end off and discard it before sending them through the slicer?

Stems.

Sliced banana peppers, cherry peppers, jalapenos - no matter the brand. It seems like 50% of the slices have either a little piece of the stem or sometimes a giant honking whole stem. How hard would it be to cut that end off and discard it before sending them through the slicer?

Ask Jack. He knows about stems and seeds.

Stems.

Seriously!! I hate that!

On a side note: my performance review was moved to tomorrow...The outcome of my weekend has now been left to a coin toss at work. It can either go really well and I get a large raise, or it could go really poor, and I'll be looking for another job because i don't get a raise... :bag:

Tomorrow is my work from home day, so I'll have to have NHL network on all day to listen to trade news. :-( Wait, wrong thread.

Got a bit drunk last night, at home, by myself, on my birthday. It didn't seem sad at the time...

Tomorrow is my work from home day, so I'll have to have NHL network on all day to listen to trade news. :-( Wait, wrong thread.

Got a bit drunk last night, at home, by myself, on my birthday. It didn't seem sad at the time...

Happy Birthday...Belated...but it;s the thought that counts :thumbsup:

Pregnancy Sleeping Sprawl... By 1 am last night I had exactly 11 inches of the bed left to sleep on. I learned years ago never to wake a sleeping pregnant woman, but now my back and neck are a complete mess from the rediculous sleeping position I had to take to fit into the available space. I'm bringing the air mattress in from the garage as an emergency back-up tonight.

Pregnancy Sleeping Sprawl... By 1 am last night I had exactly 11 inches of the bed left to sleep on. I learned years ago never to wake a sleeping pregnant woman, but now my back and neck are a complete mess from the rediculous sleeping position I had to take to fit into the available space. I'm bringing the air mattress in from the garage as an emergency back-up tonight.

Just sleep on the floor. I did it for 6 of the months my wife was pregnant.

Haha one of my coworkers is having the same problem. His wife is due any day now. He's been sleeping in the pop-up camper in the driveway, so every night is like camping!

Just sleep on the floor. I did it for 6 of the months my wife was pregnant.

Hardwood floors, probably would lead to the same result.

Haha one of my coworkers is having the same problem. His wife is due any day now. He's been sleeping in the pop-up camper in the driveway, so every night is like camping!

The tent will be pitched immediately.