Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I haven't heard a word from anyone here at the office yet. I like it. My supervisor just stopped by and asked if I enjoyed the game. She's not a hockey fan though and once I told her I don't like the Bruins, she was completely fine with it. Maybe I do like this place after all.

lucky! haha. My boss enjoys watching hockey, but he doesn't follow it like he follows the other two Boston teams. it's just so annoying, and I get to travel with him tomorrow :doh:

lucky! haha. My boss enjoys watching hockey, but he doesn't follow it like he follows the other two Boston teams. it's just so annoying, and I get to travel with him tomorrow :doh:

Be sure to ask how many games he watched any time he mentions them. My roommate is a Senators fan but he was celebrating this one yesterday. He had mentioned to me earlier this year how he used to like the Bruins but really hates the way they play now. So yeah, now you're suddenly happy when they win? Explain that one to me. I hate sports whores, constantly jumping from team to team.

Be sure to ask how many games he watched any time he mentions them. My roommate is a Senators fan but he was celebrating this one yesterday. He had mentioned to me earlier this year how he used to like the Bruins but really hates the way they play now. So yeah, now you're suddenly happy when they win? Explain that one to me. I hate sports whores, constantly jumping from team to team.

oohh good idea!! I agree, I hate them too. I have stuck by my teams, thick and realllllyyy thin (thank you Bills).

Trying to decide if I should jump from a state job. State employee layoffs are coming (I have little doubt) and even though I have no idea if my position is targeted, I applied for a similar job with an up-and-coming company. The politics of this place suck and it's clear nobody I work with is very happy here anymore. But if I can survive the layoffs, the long-run benefits are worth it.

:mellow:

Went through something similar this fall/winter. Started with a bad calf cramp in the middle of the night, and from there it seemed like I could never get it loose when running. Then it would just grab up and cramp and pop toward the end of my run. Finally got an MRI and they couldn't tell exactly what was wrong - it was either a ruptured tendon or a ruptured cyst in my calf. Only prognosis was rest.

I picked up one of these calf sleeves and it has helped a lot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003940I4M/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001GAPEFO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00PVSRT45G4DANAH8TNJ

Thanks for the tip! For what it's worth, I got this: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/PRO208/ And for those playing at home: I ended up doing the Buffalo marathon anyway. The best part was winding through some of the North Buffalo neighborhoods near Delaware Park -- a lot of families outside supporting the runners, cooling them off with hoses and handing out watermelon slices and whatnot. Let me tell you, that watermelon REALLY hit the spot 20 miles in! :thumbsup:

My complaint today would be my indecisiveness in accepting a job offer. There are so many companies in this country, how do I know this is the right one?

My complaint today would be my indecisiveness in accepting a job offer. There are so many companies in this country, how do I know this is the right one?

I've enjoyed my situation so far... the one where the right company was the only one who actually made me an offer.

• Like (+1) 1

Trying to decide if I should jump from a state job. State employee layoffs are coming (I have little doubt) and even though I have no idea if my position is targeted, I applied for a similar job with an up-and-coming company. The politics of this place suck and it's clear nobody I work with is very happy here anymore. But if I can survive the layoffs, the long-run benefits are worth it.

:mellow:

job satisfaction. if you're not happy where you are, move on. life is way too short to spend x number of years not liking the job or company. i did that for almost 5 years. the day i quit, it felt like there was a weight lifted off my shoulders that was indescribably awesome. the day i started my new job was even better.

if ya ain't happy, bail.

Bikers (bicyclists). I get that you want to wear tight fitting cloths, but do you really have to get the ones that make you look like a billboard for Pellegrino and Fiat. You are still 30lbs overweight. You are not fooling anyone into thinking you are a sponsored, professional rider.

:lol:

Not really a complaint...but close to it...

With a great goaltender and a great defender and an average but deep team...you can

grind down the most talented team in the 101st-108th games of the season.

Still, no team that joined the league in 1970 has won the Cup outright.

Thanks, Dallas... :thumbdown:

Moving. It sucks. My everything hurts.

Including your facial hair?

Ok, my complaint for the week (or maybe while this country still exists). This STILL hasn't happened yet! :wallbash:

Oh, well. I guess if I can spin it a certain way in support for secession, I'll borrow MLK's four famous words: "I have a dream".

job satisfaction. if you're not happy where you are, move on. life is way too short to spend x number of years not liking the job or company. i did that for almost 5 years. the day i quit, it felt like there was a weight lifted off my shoulders that was indescribably awesome. the day i started my new job was even better.

if ya ain't happy, bail.

Oh Hell, I'll bite on this one.

What is it about America that while we preach at each other about the land of opportunity and social mobility, we do everything in our power as a society t o ensure those things are complete lies.

Honestly, it shocks me that people can look at the nominally generous benefits (in exchange for less than market-value pay and the opportunity to pay for union membership that 75% of members will never benefit from directly) and think the following:

"Those people have it better than I do..." this is not the socking part yet..."screw those people ###### better, I will embrace a political view making life worse for them, instead of working to make life better for myself."

Flame away, you know I'm at least factually correct.

What is it about America that while we preach at each other about the land of opportunity and social mobility, we do everything in our power as a society t o ensure those things are complete lies.

Honestly, it shocks me that people can look at the nominally generous benefits (in exchange for less than market-value pay and the opportunity to pay for union membership that 75% of members will never benefit from directly) and think the following:

"Those people have it better than I do..." this is not the socking part yet..."screw those people ###### better, I will embrace a political view making life worse for them, instead of working to make life better for myself."

Oh for crying out loud. D.O.I.N.G is blocked? It's a verb used frequently...######!!!!!

I find nothing wrong with this assessment. The labor unions have practically priced themselves out of the market, and have actually been the #1 reason why companies go out of business.

Bethlehem Steel, anyone?

I find nothing wrong with this assessment. The labor unions have practically priced themselves out of the market, and have actually been the #1 reason why companies go out of business.

Bethlehem Steel, anyone?

The unions are only part of the problem. They had their time and place, and if operated in a sane manner, would still matter. Essentially, they are the hagfish on the bloated carcass of the American worker. (having metaphorically died and hit the sea floor).

The worker, of course, was killed by capital. Capital, in a democracy, can not achieve its means without the collaboration of labor, to the detriment of labor. Keep voting for those upper-class tax cuts, middle-class. You're likely to have your job outsourced in recompense.

if ya ain't happy, bail.

Completely agree on that. What I enjoy about my current job is that I can pretty much come & go whenever I want and I'm comfortable with knowing the network that people can come to me for answers - yes, the power is cool.

However, that does pale in comparison a bit to the BS we've all been dealing with and how we can't seem to get what we need, while everyone else gets what they want. My boss hates her job and makes sure everyone knows it, too. The morale is pretty much as low as it can get...even the quiet/low-key people are complaining.

The unions are only part of the problem. They had their time and place, and if operated in a sane manner, would still matter. Essentially, they are the hagfish on the bloated carcass of the American worker. (having metaphorically died and hit the sea floor).

The worker, of course, was killed by capital. Capital, in a democracy, can not achieve its means without the collaboration of labor, to the detriment of labor. Keep voting for those upper-class tax cuts, middle-class. You're likely to have your job outsourced in recompense.

The whole system is a mess. Whether it's big business or big labor, every one is in it for themselves. At the end of the day, we pay for it out of our own pockets.

In all honesty, it's going to take a monumental collapse before things are made right again.

as I write this from the couch I am almost 100% sure my fiance and I are breaking up after 5 years and its not my decision, the sabres winning the stanley cup tomorrow could not fill the gap that now grows within the confines of my heart and soul.

as I write this from the couch I am almost 100% sure my fiance and I are breaking up after 5 years and its not my decision, the sabres winning the stanley cup tomorrow could not fill the gap that now grows within the confines of my heart and soul.

Time to buy a motorcycle.

• Like (+1) 2

It is always sad to move beyond that which you have known for so long. But time will heel any wound and in the end, life will go forward, the sun will rise tomorrow and you have another journey to begin.

There is always the memories you shared and right now it may appear as though you can't recover. Loving a woman can be the most difficult challenge in a mans life, it can also be hurtful yet filled with joy. When it's time to move on, the pain sometimes shows forth.

But, there will be others, rest assured. You will love again and another void is filled in your life.

Chin up, no slouching, press forward. :thumbsup:

It is always sad to move beyond that which you have known for so long. But time will heel any wound and in the end, life will go forward, the sun will rise tomorrow and you have another journey to begin.There is always the memories you shared and right now it may appear as though you can't recover. Loving a woman can be the most difficult challenge in a mans life, it can also be hurtful yet filled with joy. When it's time to move on, the pain sometimes shows forth.But, there will be others, rest assured. You will love again and another void is filled in your life.Chin up, no slouching, press forward. :thumbsup:

She left me, dumped me, forsaken me, ripped out my heart and crushed it. Its over, done, finished, no longer happening, my wedding is canceled, my life is dark, i am lost in a stormy sea of memories and heartache.