Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

i disagree, all western new yorkers can drive in the snow, that's pretty damn impressive.

It may just be because you live near UB and are as a result, surrounded by foreigners of the not very good driver stereotype.

Is a stereotype still a stereotype if it is universally true?

Well since there is this wonderful thread devoted to complaints, I'll save everyone from the creation of a thread just to talk about the national debt crisis. I'm still technically an American citizen even though I have a view of the CN Tower out of my window. I'm really interested in these kind of topics and would like to share it with everyone. I realize not everyone thinks the way I do and I don't post often but I love reading everyone's posts and I promise to post more often in the future (about the Sabres of course). So....here it goes.....

The US has officially reached its debt limit, although that probably doesn't mean much since they will just continue to raise the ceiling until it is no longer possible. It is just a postponement of the inevitable. The American dollar is in a controlled decline from which there is probably no return. The whole process of devaluing the dollar and shifting the world's reserve currency away from the dollar is speeding up. The wars are helping to delay it a bit but Tim Geithner is warning the government of what needs to be done in order to delay the government defaulting on its debt. Cuts upward of a trillion dollars would have to be made in order to reverse such a decline....but we know that will probably not happen. Seizing $60 billion in assets from Lybia may help as well, but even that won't be enough. They'll probably have to take control of there oil as well and add it to its oil portfolio. I would just like to add a video of what Geithner had to say if anyone is at all interested.

This is not a political post AT ALL. This is about what is really going on right now. I majored in International Business and eventually wanted to work for the IMF but my research and conscience made me hate the idea by the time I graduated. At the moment, this kind of talk about devaluing the currency and crashing the economy lives in the realm of conspiracy talk, but it deserves to be put out in the open as just a very real likelihood.

In conclusion, my question/complaint would have to be, "what's it going to take for us to realize this and how can we protect ourselves?"

i disagree, all western new yorkers can drive in the snow, that's pretty damn impressive.

It may just be because you live near UB and are as a result, surrounded by foreigners NYCers of the not very good driver stereotype.

Fixed it for you. ;)

This is not a political post AT ALL. This is about what is really going on right now. I majored in International Business and eventually wanted to work for the IMF but my research and conscience made me hate the idea by the time I graduated. At the moment, this kind of talk about devaluing the currency and crashing the economy lives in the realm of conspiracy talk, but it deserves to be put out in the open as just a very real likelihood.

In conclusion, my question/complaint would have to be, "what's it going to take for us to realize this and how can we protect ourselves?"

You missed your chance to "work" with Dominique Strauss-Kahn. ;)

Can the US avoid the fate of all empires that have ever existed? Other empires in history have conquered other nations to take their resources to stay going. The US mostly just prints more money.

Why didn't someone tell me the world is ending Saturday? WTF? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Saturday? Frickin Bettman.

The Stanley Cup finals should have started at more that a week ago.

This is how the NHL screws the pooch. We are still in Conference finals...

Can the US avoid the fate of all empires that have ever existed? Other empires in history have conquered other nations to take their resources to stay going. The US mostly just prints more money.

If the leadership of the past 40 years actually had the interests of Americans in mind, we would have done so by now. Too bad the past 2 treasury secretaries have had the sole job of keeping China happy until they have accumulated enough hard assets to pull the plug on the US. If the US wanted to keep their position, we would have been at war by now. Instead it's in the bag to slip softly into the global night as just another number. As long as the power structure can loot the treasury and secure themselves....who cares about the other 300 million schleps?

We had a good run. Think of the US as the NY Islanders. Gone are the days of Bossy, Potvin, Trotier, Gillies, Smith, etc. Now we just have a whole lotta Wang.

Fixed it for you. ;)

hahahaha very niiicee

i was on the subway headed back to university after game 4, and someone said something like "we should skip all these stops and go straight to university, we're all going there anyways"

a friendly stranger proceded to ask "oh you go to UB? which country are you from?"

This whole Strauss-Kahn thing is weird in and of itself. Expected to become the next president of France and he just goes crazy a few hours before his flight? I'm learning not to believe any official stories released to the media.

That is why we should be buying gold and silver...I'm pretty late to the party and I don't have that much but I am making an effort. Can you believe gold went from $600 to $1500/oz in 5 years! I wish I listened to all those crazy conspiracy nuts then! But it's not too late ::rocking::

Timmy gives us until August 2nd before the US defaults...interesting times are ahead.

Why didn't someone tell me the world is ending Saturday? WTF? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Chz, trust me on this: the world will not end on Saturday. Unless some of us die on that day (which I say with the utmost amount of respect), the rest of us will be here. Pay no attention to the Family Radio ads.

I hate when i go to work and it seems every damn person working there is smelling ######.God help me if i smile and act like my life is going ok.People need to understand that nobody is there to make you feel good,nobody cares.I dont want to go fishing with you or be a friend,i want to get paid and get the hell away fron ya ######!!!!!!!! :censored:

my professor sucks dick. He told me I got a b on the final and a b on my paper then gave me an incomplete for the course because he is unsure if i understand course concepts... I GOT A FREAKING B you ###### sucking dick licking mother ###### piece of ######. I clearly understand the concepts so go ###### yourself and stop dicking me around.

• Like (+1) 1

Most of the time I really don't care, but was that really necessary? Clean that one up a bit.

Anyway, I've got some birds nesting above my car and they love using it for target practice. I really need a carwash, but I wonder if there's any point. The second I park it, it'll need to be washed again.

Most of the time I really don't care, but was that really necessary? Clean that one up a bit.

Anyway, I've got some birds nesting above my car and they love using it for target practice. I really need a carwash, but I wonder if there's any point. The second I park it, it'll need to be washed again.

You don't need a car wash, you need a pellet gun.

Hochul's election is another reason why I'm glad not to be living in NYS now.

Since so many native WNYers have left for greener pastures, now would be a good time for the CSA to be resurrected like a phoenix rising from the ashes. My complaint is that it can't happen soon enough!

You don't need a car wash, you need a pellet gun.

Actually, I need to move, but that's another story. These stupid things are nesting in the corner of the building, so I would never get a clear shot. I wonder if I could convince the building management to clear those nests out.