Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Ouch! I did something kinda similar with one of the weird leg machines at the gym several years back -- ended up with a wicked, perfectly circular bruise from the arm of the machine. Man I sound like a klutz. :blush:

Two things worked out in my favor.

1. I'm slow, so there wasn't all that much force in play.

2. They don't anchor our nets down very well, so the net gave pretty easily.

Still, I'll be happy if I never do that again. The risk of internal damage is a bit too high for my liking.

Some master's degrees have a present value of LESS THAN ZERO because the return on investment is outweighed by the cost of the program. Others have a present value in the low $100K range. Probably a little more than what one would earn in two years right out of school, but not a ###### of a lot more.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/SavingForCollege/IsYourDegreeWorth1million.aspx

But how do you put a value on not having to join the real world for two more years?

Here's my gripe: I go out of the way to have a new, special avatar just for PA, and he doesn't even notice.

And XC, we all know that the real reason you changed yours is because you discovered a new Commandment.

I noticed, but I'm too embarrassed to mention it, because I have no idea who it is. I suspect it's a very young Colonel Sanders.

I noticed, but I'm too embarrassed to mention it, because I have no idea who it is. I suspect it's a very young Colonel Sanders.

Don't be embarrassed. He's an obscure fellow. His name was Subhash Chandra Bose, and he was Gandhi's greatest domestic political rival. Thought I'd make some light of all the fightin' we've been doing lately.

Don't be embarrassed. He's an obscure fellow. His name was Subhash Chandra Bose, and he was Gandhi's greatest domestic political rival. Thought I'd make some light of all the fightin' we've been doing lately.

I knew it! Not the name, but I knew it had something to do with Gandhi. I was too embarrassed to say that, because I didn't really know it.

I thought Gandhi's biggest rival was a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

I knew it! Not the name, but I knew it had something to do with Gandhi. I was too embarrassed to say that, because I didn't really know it.

I thought Gandhi's biggest rival was a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Admit it: your old age is catching up with you, Mr. Lazarus Long.

I think I'm leaning towards this. Prolly taking the LSAT's in June.

Good call - stay in school - get your masters, do it all in one shot - can't tell you how many people get out of school and never go back. Your BS or BA is no better that a HS diploma was 30 years ago. It just gets your foot in the door. If you want to move up, you need the masters.

I would NOT recommend LSAT's - its an absolute minimum 100K degree that is essentially worthless if you decide you hate law. Don't do it unless you have significant exposure to the law and know that's what you want to do. Even then, think twice - the job prospects for fresh lawyers are absolute crap right now. The big city firms have been laying them off right and left.

Good call - stay in school - get your masters, do it all in one shot - can't tell you how many people get out of school and never go back. Your BS or BA is no better that a HS diploma was 30 years ago. It just gets your foot in the door. If you want to move up, you need the masters.

I would NOT recommend LSAT's - its an absolute minimum 100K degree that is essentially worthless if you decide you hate law. Don't do it unless you have significant exposure to the law and know that's what you want to do. Even then, think twice - the job prospects for fresh lawyers are absolute crap right now. The big city firms have been laying them off right and left.

I'll simplify this a bit. Forget about all the stuff about money. Do what you think will make you happy.

Here's my gripe: I go out of the way to have a new, special avatar just for PA, and he doesn't even notice.

And XC, we all know that the real reason you changed yours is because you discovered a new Commandment.

:lol: Nice little tongue in cheek. At least you picked up on my avatar right away. Can't say the same for Lazarus Long aka PASabreFan.

Conundrums. Now graduated from college I find myself between finding a job (although I have offers) and staying in school for my Masters.

My $0.02: Unless that master's is in business administration, it very likely will not have a huge impact upon your earnings over your lifetime. And you always can go back after a year or study part-time. If you have a decent job offer right out of college in this job market, take it!

And congrats on graduation.

+1 on the MBA being the most useful one career-wise. A Master's is also useful (and often necessary) if you are considering teaching as a profession.

And +1 on the congrats as well.

There is plenty of truth in this, but I don't agree that the law degree is worthless if you don't practice law. There are lots of lawyers who have left the practice and are doing other interesting things after using their degrees and/or initial law jobs to get in the door.

Although job prospects are lousy right now for new lawyers, this is usually a cyclical situation and there is no way of knowing what it will be like in 4 years when you graduate.

I will say that if you do go to law school, it's worth busting your butt to get good grades, because the higher the grades, the better the job options you will have.

My 2 cents is for you to take the test -- it doesn't mean you're committing to anything. I would prepare very seriously for the test -- ie live clean for a while beforehand and take a lot of practice tests -- as it is a big driver for law school admissions. You will do fine.

As usual, my complaint revolves around customer service.

I walk into the bank yesterday and hand the teller a check with a deposit slip for the full amount of the check. Her question to me..."Are you cashing this check?" See that slip of paper I handed you? It is called a deposit slip. WTF! :doh:

Did you know that if you "cash" your check and write the deposit in as cash instead of a check, it will credit to your account immediately (as long as the funds are available from the issuer of the check). When you deposit a check as a check, it can take up to three days to credit to your account.

I always do that with my payroll checks. Most times, I NEED those funds to credit immediately.

Oh I do have a complaint.

WTF is up with LeBron crapping the bed for Cleveland?

I am almost ready to give up being a sports fan altogether. None of my teams ever win anything.

Could it be that he's overrated like Tim Connolly?

I am almost ready to give up being a sports fan altogether. None of my teams ever win anything.

I love the "I've only had 3 bad games in all my years and everyones hatin' " comment from him. Tru Connolly'esque.

+1 on the MBA being the most useful one career-wise. A Master's is also useful (and often necessary) if you are considering teaching as a profession.

And +1 on the congrats as well.

There is plenty of truth in this, but I don't agree that the law degree is worthless if you don't practice law. There are lots of lawyers who have left the practice and are doing other interesting things after using their degrees and/or initial law jobs to get in the door.

Although job prospects are lousy right now for new lawyers, this is usually a cyclical situation and there is no way of knowing what it will be like in 4 years when you graduate.

I will say that if you do go to law school, it's worth busting your butt to get good grades, because the higher the grades, the better the job options you will have.

My 2 cents is for you to take the test -- it doesn't mean you're committing to anything. I would prepare very seriously for the test -- ie live clean for a while beforehand and take a lot of practice tests -- as it is a big driver for law school admissions. You will do fine.

Plus, there are so many different facets to Law itself. Obviously, the most ubiquitous is that of trial lawyers like the ones we see peddling their wares during every televised Sabres game. There's also family law, criminal law, and one that I didn't know existed until I bought my house: real estate law.

I love the "I've only had 3 bad games in all my years and everyones hatin' " comment from him. Truly Connolly'esque.

:w00t: :lol: What a coincidence! I made the reference to Tim Connolly with regard to LeBron James right before you posted, and then you mentioned what I bolded.

Not a complaint. Just an observation.

Plus, there are so many different facets to Law itself. Obviously, the most ubiquitous is that of trial lawyers like the ones we see peddling their wares during every televised Sabres game. There's also family law, criminal law, and one that I didn't know existed until I bought my house: real estate law.

I'd be more into Labor Relations, contracts, hockey agent, hmmm that'd b swa-eat.

I'd be more into Labor Relations, contracts, hockey agent, hmmm that'd b swa-eat.

Just don't follow in Paul Kelly's shoes. It seems like it's a lose-lose proposition to be head of the NHLPA (but I'm digressing).

It's not a real sport if music and/or sound effects are permitted during play.

Sorry, Bandits fans and NBA fans.

Could it be that he's overrated like Tim Connolly?

Man, I don't think so. He is amazing, he really is. He can win a game all by himself, and he does it often. I just don't know why he can't get it together against Boston. I've never seen him play this bad.

Man, I don't think so. He is amazing, he really is. He can win a game all by himself, and he does it often. I just don't know why he can't get it together against Boston. I've never seen him play this bad.

Well, speaking of being in the doghouse, I remember when the Celtics practically collapsed at the end of the Larry Bird era. He had quite a supporting cast around him that helped out over the years. But, as they all left or retired one by one, it just wasn't the same, and it seemed like the Celtics were hanging around at or near the bottom of the NBA until a couple of years ago.

Bringing Kevin Garnett out of Minnesota helped out the Celtics, IIRC.