Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'll spare everyone the details, but there is an issue I am trying to get resolved with my new car and have decided to handle this via email, so I have hard copy of any exchanges. The first email blast went out yesterday morning and guess what? No response. What a surprise. The same email will be going out tonight if I don't hear from anyone.

My wife's air conditioning went in her CRV. $2300 just for the parts. The guy said with labor it was going to be about $3500. Are you kidding me?! Now I'm debating whether or not to just get a new vee-Hickle. Just what I wanted to spend money I don't have on.

Are you breathing ok?

Yeah, that's not a problem at all. It's definitely some muscle issue. It kicks in if I turn to the left or if I move my arm back beyond a certain point. It's more annoying than anything, especially since I have no idea what caused it.

Yeah, that's not a problem at all. It's definitely some muscle issue. It kicks in if I turn to the left or if I move my arm back beyond a certain point. It's more annoying than anything, especially since I have no idea what caused it.

Are you a lefty?

My complaint: Facebook. I am sick and tired of all of the "technical shenanigans" that appear to be taking place there. Besides, given that Mark Zuckerberg appears to be ethically challenged, why should I trust any of my information to someone or a website that might as well be a snitch site? I am currently in the process of gutting my account, looking to keep in touch with friends via email, and deleting it once all of this is done - never to return there.

I'm not sure I understand your point or the articles point. How much info do you put on FB? I currently only put limited amount of stuff. Seems to be the best way to go...

I've been on FB for over a year and it's not that bad - as long as you don't "reveal" too many details. It's a pain to keep an eye on the privacy settings, but since I use it a lot to keep up with friends & family, I monitor that stuff regularly. The most private things I've added are my birthday (not the year, just the day) and email address. The friend requests can easily be ignored - I'll only confirm those who I know and I've ignored several people.

I still don't get why people think it's a semi-private site, especially those whose "friends" are co-workers, and complain when they b*tch about something. Just don't say anything too private or too stupid or anything that can be considered inappropriate. I'm fortunate enough that my direct co-workers who are friends don't take anything seriously, but I still try not to say anything I'd regret. We all know how circular this world is.

This.

I almost never use it and am always careful not to post anything that might come back to bite me... I don't get people who will b*tch about work on Facebook and not consider that 1) their current employer can see whatever they post if they wanted to, and 2) your next employer can look at it, too! My main annoyance is when I post pictures from vacation or something, I don't like the idea that everyone can see that stuff. My coworkers are nice and all, but the majority are not "real" friends and they are kind of a nosy bunch. :pirate:

Not if you watch your privacy settings. I have people on my "friend" list that I have no desire for them to see anything I post, so I have a blacklist and deny them access to stuff. It's really not hard (that's what she said).

Been a rough couple weeks health-wise. Pulled my hamstring on the treadmill last Monday, and it's still sore and bruised 10 days later. Good food poisoning at Subway on Monday and spent the next two days wearing out the hallway carpet leading to the bathroom.

OK. Then ice, an anti-inflammatory (Aleve, Advil), and lots of water are your friends. Put off the tryout for the Rockettes for a couple of days if you can.

Are you a lefty?

I was wondering who was going to make that comment. I can't believe it took so long. Add that to the complaint list.

OK. Then ice, an anti-inflammatory (Aleve, Advil), and lots of water are your friends. Put off the tryout for the Rockettes for a couple of days if you can.

Eh, I'm stubborn. I'll keep going to the gym and do some lifting. What can I say, I'm an idiot.

On the lighter side, it never ceases to amaze me at what people will do for fame.

On a more serious note, It just blows my mind how a seminary president would lie about his past in order to make himself sound like a "credible expert". (If any of you know about this, it's about to get really ugly in Central Virginia).

Conundrums. Now graduated from college I find myself between finding a job (although I have offers) and staying in school for my Masters.

I guess it would be nice if you could work for someone who would allow you to take Master's degree classes on the side.

Conundrums. Now graduated from college I find myself between finding a job (although I have offers) and staying in school for my Masters.

My $0.02: Unless that master's is in business administration, it very likely will not have a huge impact upon your earnings over your lifetime. And you always can go back after a year or study part-time. If you have a decent job offer right out of college in this job market, take it!

And congrats on graduation.

As usual, my complaint revolves around customer service.

I walk into the bank yesterday and hand the teller a check with a deposit slip for the full amount of the check. Her question to me..."Are you cashing this check?" See that slip of paper I handed you? It is called a deposit slip. WTF! :doh:

Take the job but tell them you had some set vacation plans before you actually start. Then take a nice vacation and enjoy your accomplishment and then get off your lazy a$$ and start contributing to the GNP and more importantly paying that FICA tax so people like me and PA can hope to collect a modicum of what we payed in from Soical security all these years. ;)

Oh and what eleven said about going back to get your masters while working because with the amount of time you will be working the higher education should help your prospects down the road.

Con grats!

Take the job but tell them you had some set vacation plans before you actually start. Then take a nice vacation and enjoy your accomplishment and then get off your lazy a$$ and start contributing to the GNP and more importantly paying that FICA tax so people like me and PA can hope to collect a modicum of what we payed in from Soical security all these years. ;)

Oh and what eleven said about going back to get your masters while working because with the amount of time you will be working the higher education should help your prospects down the road.

Con grats!

No, no, and no. Stay in school for as long as you possibly can. You have the rest of your life to work and it sucks. If I could I would still be in school. Make it your life's project to have a .edu email address for as long as you possibly can.

I took today off to get some alone time at home,.. and my kid is home sick. I'll guess I'll get some alone time when I'm dead.

Tough call -- when I finished undergrad I knew I wanted to do more but I was so burnt-out I had to get out of school for a while and "just" work (I was always doing both). But, it can be hard to get back into it after you're making real money. It took me 4 years to finally start taking classes for my Masters and I'm hoping to finish this December after 5 years of part-time studies while working full-time. It is exhausting and I'm not sure I would recommend it, so if you're ready to take it on now, I would say go for it!

I speared myself in the gut with the butt end of my own stick during a hockey game on monday night. Chased a guy behind the net, then got my stick caught on the back of the net and skated right into it. There's no serious damage, but man does it hurt. The bruise is pretty cool though. I've never seen a bruise this dark. Luckily I missed my liver by a couple inches, so I can still have a drink or two if I want.

I speared myself in the gut with the butt end of my own stick during a hockey game on monday night. Chased a guy behind the net, then got my stick caught on the back of the net and skated right into it. There's no serious damage, but man does it hurt. The bruise is pretty cool though. I've never seen a bruise this dark. Luckily I missed my liver by a couple inches, so I can still have a drink or two if I want.

Ouch! I did something kinda similar with one of the weird leg machines at the gym several years back -- ended up with a wicked, perfectly circular bruise from the arm of the machine. Man I sound like a klutz. :blush:

No, no, and no. Stay in school for as long as you possibly can. You have the rest of your life to work and it sucks. If I could I would still be in school. Make it your life's project to have a .edu email address for as long as you possibly can.

I took today off to get some alone time at home,.. and my kid is home sick. I'll guess I'll get some alone time when I'm dead.

Some master's degrees have a present value of LESS THAN ZERO because the return on investment is outweighed by the cost of the program. Others have a present value in the low $100K range. Probably a little more than what one would earn in two years right out of school, but not a ###### of a lot more.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/SavingForCollege/IsYourDegreeWorth1million.aspx

Here's my gripe: I go out of the way to have a new, special avatar just for PA, and he doesn't even notice.

And XC, we all know that the real reason you changed yours is because you discovered a new Commandment.

I think I'm leaning towards this. Prolly taking the LSAT's in June.