Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It wouldn't have been the first time someone opened up a new thread to lodge their complaint about the closed complaint thread. :D

Well that was my silent protest for having to open a seperate thread to complain that I had nothing to complain about. ;)

On a serious note, my complaint is 'sometimes life does not seem fare' and is fueled by something I found out last night. I have an old boss and friend whose first wife died very quickly (in less than 6mos) 10+ years back from breast cancer leaving him w/3 kids at the time aged 8, 7, 5. He did later meet another younger beautiful woman whom he married who took his kids as her own and they proceeded to have 2 more children together now aged 6 and 3. She passed away suddenly last week from an anuerysm. Widowed 2x now in a little over 10 years w/5 kids.

I really got nothing I should complain about but boy life can sure seem unfare to some at times.

Watershoes.

Why the hate?

I went to renew my out of state Fishing license. It is now Seventy ####ing dollars. I'll show them. The daily lisence is only $5. I don't think I'll get back to fish more than 14 times anyway so their going to lose money on me by raising the price.

We stayed late last night to do an application upgrade. Everything's working, except for one minor thing that we had to do a workaround for (for you IT/web geeks, it's a web page redirect to a non-verified https site). It's not perfect, but it works and gets the point across to everyone that their bookmarks need to be updated. This was an upgrade that was 9 months in the making with a lot of hard work, testing, and planning done.

We come in this morning to upper management saying "I don't like the way you get to the new page".

:censored:

I will be all alone watching the game tonight until the kids come home from dance rehearsal at 9pm.

My very best friend and hockey buddy, my man, my husband, is on afternoons. :cry:

I'll be texting him updates though...hopefully a lot of them.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

My three complaints for today

1)I run a 4 mile route in my neighborhood, and its kinda up and down several streets in a big circle.I am so sick of the ladies who lunch crowd thinking we have to say hi to each other every time we pass as I run and they do their walk(really just gossip session). Seems dumb to me to say hi 4 times in the span of 60 minutes or so.

2) I really like the Kashi Golden Cinnamon Harvest cereal, just like mini wheats without the sugar, but swear to go half the biscuits fall apart in the box and you have half a box of inedible stuff at the bottom. I think Kashi plans it that way so you have to buy more.

3)Gary Green and Dennis Potvin. Both those guys just ruin On the Fly for me..grumpy old men who spout the same ole platitudes over and over again.

3)Gary Green and Dennis Potvin. Both those guys just ruin On the Fly for me..grumpy old men who spout the same ole platitudes over and over again.

I have become hooked on "NHL On The Fly" since adding it mid-season. The only disturbing part of the show is when I have to look at a side profile of Craig Button. I have nightmares about that nose. Spend a few thousand bucks and get that baby shaved down. :lol:

Something is happening that hasn't happened in 3 years and while I should be really psyched I can't shake this feeling of dread...

Also, today is tax day, and I have to write a big check, which is only going to get bigger in future years, when fully 46% of the country will be paying zero taxes. Ridiculous.

I have become hooked on "NHL On The Fly" since adding it mid-season. The only disturbing part of the show is when I have to look at a side profile of Craig Button. I have nightmares about that nose. Spend a few thousand bucks and get that baby shaved down. :lol:

That is one ugly dude :lol: I like you, have become addicted. I usually watch in the AM, only way I get any sense of what is happening with West Coast games.

Some people in charge at work are crazy. I had a customer complain about tool wear on a part that was made where I work. The wear is considerably less than they previously saw for the same part. Instead of questioning how it was made, the powers that be are just going to live with it. Why? The head of manufacturing is a lunatic who screams whenever you question anything that comes out of his machine shop. I battled with this guy for weeks about a part not being to print and he wouldn't have any of it. Finally, they sent the part out to an independent source and the part was not to print. I just want decent parts made.

My brother's wife basically told my parents that she doesnt want them to come around anymore. She is due in June with their second child but she said she doesnt want them there for the birth. This of course this has caused a major rift in the family. A build up of tension has finally overflowed. My brother is stuck between pissing off our parents or pissing off his wife. His wife always wins.

Edit: My brother's wife did this in an email.

Something is happening that hasn't happened in 3 years and while I should be really psyched I can't shake this feeling of dread...

Also, today is tax day, and I have to write a big check, which is only going to get bigger in future years, when fully 46% of the country will be paying zero taxes. Ridiculous.

+1 on tax day. Big hate for our government today. I think the number of people who actually pay real taxes is far less than that. Many people pay some taxes, but get more back than they actually paid. And don't forget all the people who pay no taxes, yet still get a refund due to all the "programs".

My back is starting to hurt from all the people I am carrying.

Why do I have to pay more in taxes just because I am self employed? Why do I have to pay a penalty if my quarterly estimates were low? The gov't should be thrilled that I did better than expected and will be paying them more money. Why do we have to pay interest when we owe the gov't money, but they don't pay us money when they owe us a return (not that that ever happens to me personally, but still...).

Taxes - abolish the entire IRS and go with a national sales tax. It is progressive, because the rich spend more than the poor.

The deficit - If I live beyond my means, I can't get a loan from China or raises taxes on people, I lose my house and go broke. When did people decide that it was OK for the gov't to live beyond its means every frigging year? Whio thinks this is sustainable? Are they all brain dead in Albany and DC?

On a serious note....yeah...happy tax day.

From January to April is just 1 form after another and 1 check after another. I get to pay my own payroll taxes....then get charged by the state for an annual report that is joke (name, address, give us your cash).

I bet the liquor stores do good business this week.

My brother's wife basically told my parents that she doesnt want them to come around anymore. She is due in June with their second child but she said she doesnt want them there for the birth. This of course this has caused a major rift in the family. A build up of tension has finally overflowed. My brother is stuck between pissing off our parents or pissing off his wife. His wife always wins.

Edit: My brother's wife did this in an email.

If she's having a baby in 6-8 weeks, she's in full insane pregnant woman mode. This is an inescapable fact of life. If your parents will chill out and back off for a bit, she will probably calm down and get over it.

What's her name...and how much $$ ?

Very nice.