Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Really? I got a 12"...but seriously there is like a foot of snow in my driveway. Did other places get a lot more?

NYC got about 10" between yesterday and this AM. Schools are closed, which leads to my bonus complaint: schools get closed here much more easily than in WNY. Lame! This is the northeast, not Atlanta or DC. Show a little fortitude.

After going to the movies for the first time in about a year, I now realize one of the main reasons why I don't go more is that I hate price gouging. I have no problem with concession stand mark ups, but the prices you see at a movie theater are way worse than other businesses(theme parks & arena events come to mind) who also have a tendency to raise prices.

I can't even come up with a good guess as to the profit margin at a theater on things like pop and popcorn.

:angry:

After going to the movies for the first time in about a year, I now realize one of the main reasons why I don't go more is that I hate price gouging. I have no problem with concession stand mark ups, but the prices you see at a movie theater are way worse than other businesses(theme parks & arena events come to mind) who also have a tendency to raise prices.

I can't even come up with a good guess as to the profit margin at a theater on things like pop and popcorn.

And everything in the concession stands only comes in diabetes/heart attack size.

I am taking the family to Florida next week for our first vacation as a family. Going to see her grandparents for a couple of days in Port Saint Lucie, catch a Mets spring training game, and then head up to Orlando to hit the Magic Kingdom for a day. The wife and I did the "Give a day, get a day" program from Disney, so we have a free day at the park with our 2 year old son.

It's supposed to rain in Orlando every day next week.

:censored: :wallbash: :angry:

After going to the movies for the first time in about a year, I now realize one of the main reasons why I don't go more is that I hate price gouging.

I always sneak drinks and candy in while I buy the popcorn there. Trying to sneak in a gallon size bucket would require more planning than I feel necessary for a movie.

I really dislike the guy that Keeps pissing in the bushes at the house next door. Take it in the house or go to the house on the other side of yours, stop pissing in the bushes.

Howdy neighbor... :unsure:

I'm getting a promotion at work (my real job, not the pizza), which in turn won't allow me to deliver during the week. So in taking the promotion, I'm actually going to bring home less money. :angry:

I interviewed for a new job last week and won't hear anything until next week. This state of limbo is driving me crazy. I could really use the change of scenery right now.

To the dumbasses in the front row of the 300 level...stop leaning over the glass. THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU! You can sit back and see the game just fine. Learn to deal with the top of the glass in your sightline or get tickets in a different row. I am sick of telling you to sit back because you are blocking my view of the far end of the rink.

I interviewed for a new job last week and won't hear anything until next week. This state of limbo is driving me crazy. I could really use the change of scenery right now.

It took several weeks for the VP to get back to me about the job. :rolleyes:

To the dumbasses in the front row of the 300 level...stop leaning over the glass. THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU! You can sit back and see the game just fine. Learn to deal with the top of the glass in your sightline or get tickets in a different row. I am sick of telling you to sit back because you are blocking my view of the far end of the rink.

I get that all the time with my BU season tickets. I sit in the front row with a great view of one end of the ice. The other end isn't so great, but I have this family next to me that always leans forward in their seats. When one person's doing it, it's fine since there is still a line of sight. This family staggers their leaning perfectly so that every potential line of sight I have is blocked by the person in the next seat over. I could live with it if they were watching the game, but they're usually leaning forward and talking to the person next to them. I've mentioned to them several times that they're blocking the view for everyone to their left, but it never sinks in.

I really dislike the guy that Keeps pissing in the bushes at the house next door. Take it in the house or go to the house on the other side of yours, stop pissing in the bushes.

If they're your bushes, hide an electric fence in them. Enough for a zap, not enough to do permanent damage.

If they're your bushes, hide an electric fence in them. Enough for a zap, not enough to do permanent damage.

I already spent the night in the G.I. sherrifs office for tazering the guy last September, they just give him an appearance ticket and he pays a small fine. F'ing drunk, the snow tells the story this winter. I was hoping the beating his wife gave him at Christmas would help him see things differenlty, she finally left for good.

I don't know, if I tazer him again, it really wouldn't help, he's always pounding them down, I doubt he'd feel it. :(

I already spent the night in the G.I. sherrifs office for tazering the guy last September, they just give him an appearance ticket and he pays a small fine. F'ing drunk, the snow tells the story this winter. I was hoping the beating his wife gave him at Christmas would help him see things differenlty, she finally left for good.

I don't know, if I tazer him again, it really wouldn't help, he's always pounding them down, I doubt he'd feel it. :(

Just tell him you'll buy him a case of his favorite beer if he stops pissin in the bushes. No quicker way to a drunk's heart than booze.

Well, I hate to do this, but in their defense, part of those prices go to pay the salaries of literally everyone involved in the production of the movie - right down to the Best Boy, the Key Grip, and the "We Hate America" actors.

Having said that, I am going to segue into this week's complaint: I got word from the Wretched Radio podcast late last week that the Huffington Post now has a religion section. I don't know how long it's been there, but that is immaterial. From all the names I've read that are listed as contributors, there is not one conservative listed that I know of. However, there are some high-profile "Liberation Theology" types who post on there. Thus, when I heard this and checked it out for myself, I realized that there's no point it wasting any more of my time on something that obviously seems to believe that salvation is only attainable by their talking about good deeds and that government and humanity is the cure and not part of the problem.

Had to take the truck in for service today, and we had to fight with the warranty company to cover some of the repairs.

Plus going to the dealership to pick up my truck from the service department pisses me off - I have to wander around and look at all the sweet looking new rides and then climb into my POS to go home.