Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

55 minutes ago, shrader said:

My car with the bad engine?  The dealership who should be covering the warranty is trying to tell me that it's a starter issue.  Yes, a bad starter makes my car stop dead in the middle of a drive.  Makes perfect sense.  If they actually get that thing running, I'm immediately heading two blocks down the street to trade it in at a rival dealer.

I had a dealer pull some shenanigans about 15 years ago with a new car. Wiper arms rusted a few years in to the point that they didn’t sit tight against the windshield so this Ahole fails the inspection and tells me it’s going to cost $200/wiper arm to replace.

I rode my bike down there every single day and sat in the service shop’s waiting room all day telling every single person that came in what was going on with these idiots.

After 2 days the service manager called me over and told me that he’d replace it all for free if I went home and stopped telling the other customers about it.

Thank you, sir! That’s mighty kind of you.

Needless ti say, they are out of business now.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I used to think that way until my son adopted one.  It’s the owner, not the dog.

No.  Usually its the owner but those dogs can snap, even when the owner does everything correctly that he can.  The breeding over the past decades has been a problem.   The animal is flawed.  

I just got bit by one last week.  The owner told me it was ok to go into the yard, I was reluctant to and I said no two times.  Still he insisted that it was ok with him there.   I am lucky the owner was in front of me to block its all out attack.  Still, he bit my arm (that I instinctively used as a shield) and he left deep flesh wounds.  Thankfully he did not get hold of my arm and clamp down on it.   

It was the fault of the owner but that dog is a terrible pet that is a huge liability and does not belong in the suburbs.  He will attack everything in his sight if he gets loose.  I can still see his crazed eyes looking at me after the attack.  He had his lower jaw jutted and he was freaking out, even with the owner standing there holding him.  I want to go back and bash his head in with a baseball bat.  Yes, I am angry and this injury hurts.  

BTW, my son has had one for 10 years and no problems, but the dog is a pain to deal with.  I used to watch his Pit Bull when he was a puppy but over time the dog has forgotten who I am.  I  cannot enter my sons house without him in there and handling him.  You have to be careful around him.  You cannot go into my sons bedroom, ever.  You can't touch my son the wrong way.   To be honest, I really cant wait for that dog to die.  My son will be devastated for awhile but the rest of the family will be relieved.   I will able to go to his house and relax, help him fix things, spend more time together, and not have to worry about the dam dog.  The dog is always guarding that house.  

The Pit Bull is the worst choice you can make for a pet.  They are watch dogs, not pets.  Statistics don't lie.  The breed has been ruined by bad people who bred the dog to fight.  I  will never get near one again unless I have a bat or a gun.  I will never trust one ever again.  I am lucky to have a functional arm.  

This 

53 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  Usually its the owner but those dogs can snap, even when the owner does everything correctly that he can.  The breeding over the past decades has been a problem.   The animal is flawed.  

I just got bit by one last week.  The owner told me it was ok to go into the yard, I was reluctant to and I said no two times.  Still he insisted that it was ok with him there.   I am lucky the owner was in front of me to block its all out attack.  Still, he bit my arm (that I instinctively used as a shield) and he left deep flesh wounds.  Thankfully he did not get hold of my arm and clamp down on it.   

It was the fault of the owner but that dog is a terrible pet that is a huge liability and does not belong in the suburbs.  He will attack everything in his sight if he gets loose.  I can still see his crazed eyes looking at me after the attack.  He had his lower jaw jutted and he was freaking out, even with the owner standing there holding him.  I want to go back and bash his head in with a baseball bat.  Yes, I am angry and this injury hurts.  

BTW, my son has had one for 10 years and no problems, but the dog is a pain to deal with.  I used to watch his Pit Bull when he was a puppy but over time the dog has forgotten who I am.  I  cannot enter my sons house without him in there and handling him.  You have to be careful around him.  You cannot go into my sons bedroom, ever.  You can't touch my son the wrong way.   To be honest, I really cant wait for that dog to die.  My son will be devastated for awhile but the rest of the family will be relieved.   I will able to go to his house and relax, help him fix things, spend more time together, and not have to worry about the dam dog.  The dog is always guarding that house.  

The Pit Bull is the worst choice you can make for a pet.  They are watch dogs, not pets.  Statistics don't lie.  The breed has been ruined by bad people who bred the dog to fight.  I  will never get near one again unless I have a bat or a gun.  I will never trust one ever again.  I am lucky to have a functional arm.  

This blanket statement is 100% not true.  Pit bulls don’t “just snap.”  The only dogs I’ve ever been bitten by are a pug and a golden retriever.  Pits are high energy and require a dedicated owner to keep them busy, but they are not a naturally violent animal.

Ive had two pits and I will always have one for the rest of my life. They are some of the most sweetest, loyal dogs you can get, and the hysteria around them is misplaced at best.  They might look scary and have the capability to do a lot of damage, but so do I. 

People can believe whatever they want, but a properly raised pitbull may be the most loyal and loving pet you ever own. I know the two I’ve had have been two of my favorite pets of all time, but like any dog, they require an owner that trains them correctly from a young age.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Pits are uniquely built to do some serious damage.  In that regard they are more dangerous than many other dangerous dogs, but it still comes down to whether they are properly socialized, just like any other dog.

They need the right owners.  Just like Malinois.  Just like Cane Corsos.  Or mastiffs, akitas, or chows. Or labs for that matter.

16 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

This 

This blanket statement is 100% not true.  Pit bulls don’t “just snap.”  The only dogs I’ve ever been bitten by are a pug and a golden retriever.  Pits are high energy and require a dedicated owner to keep them busy, but they are not a naturally violent animal.

Ive had two pits and I will always have one for the rest of my life. They are some of the most sweetest, loyal dogs you can get, and the hysteria around them is misplaced at best.  They might look scary and have the capability to do a lot of damage, but so do I. 

People can believe whatever they want, but a properly raised pitbull may be the most loyal and loving pet you ever own. I know the two I’ve had have been two of my favorite pets of all time, but like any dog, they require an owner that trains them correctly from a young age.  

There's the rub though.  There are a ton of pit bulls that haven't been properly raised and whose owners gave up on them and left them in shelters.  People adopting them as rescues generally have their hearts in the right places but in most cases it's too late and that dog is a loaded weapon ready to go off and capable of causing major injury to people and other dogs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

This 

I never made a blanket statement, I said they "can" snap,  I blanket statement might be they "do" snap, or they "will" snap.   The one that bit me snapped.  It was unprovoked, and I was introduced to it 5 minutes prior in his garage, with the owner there, and the dog let me pet him and it smelled me.   Again, I am used to Pit Bulls from my sons dog, which I have experience with.  We went into the yard and it snapped, it immediately attacked and it defied the owners command.   I was there.  I have the wounds to prove it.  

To say a pit bull is not naturally violent is a blanket statement that it is very misleading and not back by statistics.  The highest percentage of dog attacks in the US are by pit bulls, and the large majority of the victims are family members, not strangers.  That gives a little credence to my comments.  

Your comment on properly raising one is interesting.   How about properly bred?   How much of this problem with pit bulls is do to bad breeding?  

If you need a guard dog for a home or business they will get the job done.    I will never have one and now I will never go near one, but some people, like my son who also owns one, can manage them.  

Edited by Pimlach

Barking dogs are the real problem. I had to put up a fence because my neighbors have four small, very loud dogs that yelp their heads off for fun. They have gotten older so that's taken them down a peg, but still a problem. Had these three big, super loud dogs on the property behind my house before. They were a nightmare, just incredibly loud, never taken for walks so all full of energy, the cops were always over there telling them to do something. Barking dogs can cause stress, to say the least. Many dog owners just don't seem to care their dogs are screaming their heads off. It's like they can't even hear them 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.   I get called "boss" or "dude" or something similar by young people on occasion.   I don't like being called "dog".   I was called that once and I corrected the young man.  Typically I don't say a thing if I sense they are just being friendly or polite.   It is on parents to teach their kids how to address elders and how to show respect, otherwise they learn it from other places or they don't learn it at all.  

Possible that they *are* showing respect, just in a different way. Also, you're the man now, dog!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There's the rub though.  There are a ton of pit bulls that haven't been properly raised and whose owners gave up on them and left them in shelters.  People adopting them as rescues generally have their hearts in the right places but in most cases it's too late and that dog is a loaded weapon ready to go off and capable of causing major injury to people and other dogs.

Thank you Rico and you nailed it.  This dog is a rescue attempt.   The owner has two other rescue dogs (not Pit Bulls) and was contemplating putting this one down, but now that I am doing ok he is backing away from that.  I am staying out of it for now, but part of me thinks I should motion to have it put down.  It is in the suburbs and there are small kids in that neighborhood.   Erie County is looking into it.    

Trust me, this dog is a loaded weapon and it is gets free it will not be good.  

Maple trees and the helicopters that fall from them, suck. I would cut them down in a heartbeat, but they are planted between sidewalk and curb, and town won’t allow healthy trees to be removed(area in question is town easement)…even if I replaced them with different trees. 

6 hours ago, Ogre said:

I had a dealer pull some shenanigans about 15 years ago with a new car. Wiper arms rusted a few years in to the point that they didn’t sit tight against the windshield so this Ahole fails the inspection and tells me it’s going to cost $200/wiper arm to replace.

I rode my bike down there every single day and sat in the service shop’s waiting room all day telling every single person that came in what was going on with these idiots.

After 2 days the service manager called me over and told me that he’d replace it all for free if I went home and stopped telling the other customers about it.

Thank you, sir! That’s mighty kind of you.

Needless ti say, they are out of business now.

I should have heard by now about the “starter problem”. I’m assuming they put a new one in and realized that they need to think up a new excuse.  

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

To say a pit bull is not naturally violent is a blanket statement that it is very misleading and not back by statistics.  The highest percentage of dog attacks in the US are by pit bulls, and the large majority of the victims are family members, not strangers.  That gives a little credence to my comments.  

Yes, the number one dog bred for fighting is also the number one dog responsible for bites.  That checks out but is not evidence not this breed can just “snap”.  And they bite family more likely because a lot of these abused dogs end up at shelters or rescues, or people don’t know how to properly train and/or raise a dog.

There are a lot of nuances that go into raising a dog, and the larger and/or stronger a dog is (no matter the breed) it requires more work.  Unfortunately a lot of people overestimate their ability and willingness to dedicate the proper amount of time to their dog, and then people start blaming the dog and not the person.  

11 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I often wonder what training people receive at fast food establishments?  In the last month, at different places, my transaction ended 3 times with “here you go boss”, or, “take it easy boss”. 

Boss?  WTF.  Honestly, I would prefer you say nothing.  I should respond with “It is a good thing I am not your boss, because if I was, you would be fired”. 

You're more miserable than I am.

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.   I get called "boss" or "dude" or something similar by young people on occasion.   I don't like being called "dog".   I was called that once and I corrected the young man.  Typically I don't say a thing if I sense they are just being friendly or polite.   It is on parents to teach their kids how to address elders and how to show respect, otherwise they learn it from other places or they don't learn it at all.  

Whatever you say, chief.

• Vomit 1

And I defend Pit Bulls all the time - I know a few that are sweethearts.  But I've also read that they are much more likely to lose it if there are two or more of them in the same household.  Pack mentality and all.

I suppose it makes sense that other animals can cause animals to revert to being animals.

Also, make sure to get those balls cut off.

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Got home from work today and found little black ants crawling all over my bedroom. 

I’m washing the whole side of the house with pest control spray tomorrow.

pretty sure I got all the ones inside.

Replace all of your ceilings with giant magnifying glasses. What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha (+1) 1

No express lines at many local stores.

Tops sometimes, Walmart its a big problem lately.  Walmart has the do-it-yourself self scanning checkouts, maybe 6-8 per store and they can open up more. But I've been there more than once now where I hit a time of the day where the store is busy, and the line for those self-checkouts can have 5-6 people waiting. The problem? What if you (me, anyone else) has only 2 or 3 or 5 items? There is NO express line. So all of those people in front of you that have carts full of groceries and aren't all that good and using the self checkouts...you have to wait behind them to buy your couple items.

Personally I never had a problem at Wegmans with this (yet). Tops on a rare occasion. Walmart it happens pretty frequently.

If you are going to have all those self checkouts, can you make at least ONE an express line?

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Self checkout is wonderful and terrible at the same time. 

IMO its terrible.  Lets take another job away from someone who doesn’t have the marketable skills to upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still amazed that they let people with loaded carts, $200+ worth of groceries go through those self check.  There is absolutely no way to guarantee they scanned every single item.  And then to the original point, there's me directly behind them with the 20 ounce bottle of coke and a thing of toothpaste.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Another thing just came up that I need to vent on a bit....but I have to 'tread lightly' here.

Father-in-Law moved to Florida over 10 years ago. We visit yearly and after the first day I usually am ready to return home but...He had a conversatoin with my wife last night. 

Has a pretty big house there.  Since he moved there his property taxes have almost doubled, Homeowners assoc fees are up $50 a month, and homeowners insurance invoice came in last week and what was about $1200 a decade ago is now closing in on $6000 per year.  This is after saying his auto insurace got a huge increase a few months ago also. His car also was broken into a few months ago during the day in the parking lot at Home Depot. SO....the idea he 'floated' to my wife was what if he sells his house there and buys a much smaller condo there, or possibly in Georgia to live 7-8 months of the year in, and 'comes to visit us' and stays at our house here in NY state all summer/every summer?

I don't see that working out well. The discussion about this might not be too much fun but if this is allowed to happen the stress that comes from it might lead to a divorce.

Who the hell would have the balls to put someone else out like that? Lack of self awareness is unbelievable. "Hey, I'm gonna come and f*** your whole s*** up for the next 4 or 5 months. That's cool, right?"

I *****in hate manipulative people. And that's exactly what he's doing when he's pulling your wife aside to discuss it. 

Oh, and another thing, people who bring up money are scummy. "Oh, I pay this, this and this, isn't that's shocking?!"

• Like (+1) 1