Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Um wife is leaving with nurse friends for a week to iceland... ive got the boys at home... but forgot to take time off and now taking personal days... and have a list of honey doos.  PS work friend's Dad just diagnosed with stage 3... he is a mess

Edited by North Buffalo

We have had rain every day for the last week. The weather has been really cool as well. The last of the snow that I plow into the field finally melted. Slow start to our spring.

The golf season has not started yet, about two weeks behind the norm. 

As soon as it warms up the bugs will come out.

There, it’s out of my system.

Ads on phones/web sites. Sure they have always been there but in the past few months it has gotten a lot worse.  So much so that often time I'll 'relax' with my phone or tablet to catch up on some news or sites I follow, and after about 5 minutes I just give up.  

-Sites that give you the topic...and EVENTUALLY get to the story (not total clickbait) but they go on and on and on for paragraphs before they get to the point of the story. In the mean time, you have to scroll through 5 regular static ads, 3 pop ups, and its hard to read because as you are reading, the pop ups don't show up all at once but are staggered in so the story moves off the screen.

-Legit web sites. I don't mean the gossip style ones but sites that are from legit news sources (some that you have to pay to subscribe to but you stil get ads) that let you start to read the article and 5 seconds later an ad shows up that takes up "HALF" the screen.  Then you can 'close' it after the countdown timer goes from 10 sec to zero..but then the 'x' to close it is so small that when you try to press it most of the time your touching the screen actually triggers the ad itself and it takes you to the company site.  WHEN you finally get to close that, you read for 5 more seconds, and another ad pops up blocking the center of the screen. Remove that and then the store 'moves again' where you have to scroll to find where it went to. As you swipe up on the screen to get back to where you were reading, another ad pops in at the EXACT spot that you are swiping, of course taking you to the web site of the company/product that ad is for.

Again, in the past there were some fringe pages that used thesed tactics, but more and more sites are staring to do it when reading articles on a mobile device.  AND, when a company forces an ad to you and it takes you to their pages, does that actually cause THAT Many people to buy their products? Any company that pays for those ads, If I remember them at all I am more likely to go out of my way to NOT support them.

Surgery sucks. Especially the healing process (abdominal). 2 weeks since. Spent the 1st week with an IV bag only. No solids. 

Then comes the 1000 well wishers , telling you to " take it easy ! "  So I shouldn't eat a 40 oz.. Porterhouse after my 10 mile run ?  Thanks. Close call there.. whew...

Had surgery on my foot at the end of March. Couldn't walk for a month. Couldn't walk my dogs for 6 weeks. 

Have to have it again. ***** me! Damn plantar wart. It came back before the wound was fully healed. This time I'm taking a freaking month off of work. Aiming for October. That's a supreme "sit at home and do nothing" kind of month. 

And spending a $G on new footwear sure is going to suck balls too. 

The way playoff games are officiated, specifically when people say "don't let the officials decide the games"

If a penalty is comitted at a key time, in overtime, of a playoff game. so be it, call it.  If something is a penalty in the 1st period, it should be in the 3rd period.  If something was called earlier in the game and it ISN'T called later in the game, THAT is actually the refs 'deciding the game' because they are letting players get away with things against the rules.

The best way to not 'let the refs' decide the game is for them to call penalties.  When I see a penalty not called late in the game, the first thing that comes to my mind is THAT is when they are having an impact on the game by not doing the same job they did from the start.

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose I should give more detail. I miss certain things about the pandemic. I worked all through it, and having all the idiots back at work sucks.

On to another - AI. I know it is here to stay and will become a powerful tool, but right now, it's just annoying. I really don't need to see another "Hey, look what AI came up with!" It's all the same and not that interesting. To date, the only thing I've found mildly interesting was the Cosmic Nipple poem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

because this is a public forum I won't say much but I have now witnessed one of the absolutely saddest, poorly planned, ill thought out, stupid, and otherwise incompetent handlings of an organizational change ever. The level of incompetence is truly shocking and the only thing that will happen is that programs will literally turn into withered husks of their former selves. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

because this is a public forum I won't say much but I have now witnessed one of the absolutely saddest, poorly planned, ill thought out, stupid, and otherwise incompetent handlings of an organizational change ever. The level of incompetence is truly shocking and the only thing that will happen is that programs will literally turn into withered husks of their former selves. 

Following up on this: 

Introducing the new owner and CEO of Sabrespace, @Thorny !

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I often wonder what training people receive at fast food establishments?  In the last month, at different places, my transaction ended 3 times with “here you go boss”, or, “take it easy boss”. 

Boss?  WTF.  Honestly, I would prefer you say nothing.  I should respond with “It is a good thing I am not your boss, because if I was, you would be fired”. 

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I often wonder what training people receive at fast food establishments?  In the last month, at different places, my transaction ended 3 times with “here you go boss”, or, “take it easy boss”. 

Boss?  WTF.  Honestly, I would prefer you say nothing.  I should respond with “It is a good thing I am not your boss, because if I was, you would be fired”. 

Do I have a great fast food real life event story for ya. My youngest is a fitness and health die hard. At 18, she gets it. But her school and work schedule sometimes gives her the very small window to feed from time to time. So, she's coming out of UB North Campus one day, decides to hit the McDonalds on the BLVD in Amherst while on the way to work. She ordered a plain burger, she ended up with a Big Mac, someone else's order. Then, about 2 months later, same schedule crunch, she decides on Burger King in NT (She has to roll from UB North to the medical offices on river rd in NT), same order, plain burger, she gets 2 bacon double cheeseburgers. Here's the hilarity of it. It was the same employee at McD's in Amherst, and at BK in NT. Turns out, my little girl wouldn't let the 2nd order mess up slide, so after going back to BK, she learns the guy that was at both was fired from McD's in Amherst for messing up orders, she just happened to get victimized by this youngman twice, once at each location 🤣 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/18/2023 at 2:39 PM, Night Train said:

Surgery sucks. Especially the healing process (abdominal). 2 weeks since. Spent the 1st week with an IV bag only. No solids. 

Then comes the 1000 well wishers , telling you to " take it easy ! "  So I shouldn't eat a 40 oz.. Porterhouse after my 10 mile run ?  Thanks. Close call there.. whew...

On 5/18/2023 at 4:06 PM, ubkev said:

Had surgery on my foot at the end of March. Couldn't walk for a month. Couldn't walk my dogs for 6 weeks. 

Have to have it again. ***** me! Damn plantar wart. It came back before the wound was fully healed. This time I'm taking a freaking month off of work. Aiming for October. That's a supreme "sit at home and do nothing" kind of month. 

And spending a $G on new footwear sure is going to suck balls too. 

Good luck boys. Watch hockey.

We live on a country road, we were one of the only homes to be built between the 90’s and 2015. In the last 8 years dozens of homes have been built as more people want to have acreage, woods or live by the river. Our area is commutable to Sudbury and North Bay.

I walk my dog on the road in the summer as the bugs are too bad on our trails through the property. The speed limit is 35 MPH and there is just a tiny shoulder. All of this new traffic seems to leave at the last possible second and be in a rush to get to work. Some barely move over and zoom by at 50+ MPH.

The later morning vehicles are retirees like myself, heading to the golf course, coffee shops etc. They slow down and pull over.

Had to get that off of my chest this morning.

Edited by French Collection

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Have you seen the unemployment rates lately?  Not alot to choose from.

• Haha (+1) 1

My car with the bad engine?  The dealership who should be covering the warranty is trying to tell me that it's a starter issue.  Yes, a bad starter makes my car stop dead in the middle of a drive.  Makes perfect sense.  If they actually get that thing running, I'm immediately heading two blocks down the street to trade it in at a rival dealer.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, LabattBlue said:

Beating a dead horse…I hate having a lazy slob for a neighbor who just cannot be bothered keeping up his yard and exterior of house.  😞

I don't have this kind of neighbor, but I tend to have disdain towards slobs who do not maintain their property or themselves.  Especially when the they have the wealth and resources to do so.  

• Agree 1

I was nearly all the way into work this morning when some jackass blew the stop sign, pulling out right in front of me.

I hit the brakes HARD, coming to a screeching stop causing everything in my passenger seat, including the 18 pack of eggs, to go flying. All but 4 of those eggs were smashed all over the interior.

I was about as pissed as I could possibly get. I eyeballed the car in my rear view, he pulled into a lot for one of the businesses a few buildings down.

He is VERY lucky that I have 1)mellowed a little with age and 2)a professional job that keeps me from smashing heads in.

Just 3 years ago I would have followed him into the lot and rubbed his little bitch nose in the mess.

Took me an hour to clean up what I could. If I didn’t have weather tech and that ***** was in the carpet I would have probably lost it and went down to his workplace with a pack of straws for him to suck all of the egg from the carpet. 

Wake the ***** up, *****, or I will wake you the ***** up!

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes.   I get called "boss" or "dude" or something similar by young people on occasion.   I don't like being called "dog".   I was called that once and I corrected the young man.  Typically I don't say a thing if I sense they are just being friendly or polite.   It is on parents to teach their kids how to address elders and how to show respect, otherwise they learn it from other places or they don't learn it at all.  

Edited by Pimlach