Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I had to push my 6th and final chemo cycle back a week because I was sick (cough, snot, sore throat). Took my first set of pills Tuesday night. Awesome, let’s get this over with. I woke up Wednesday feeling better than I have in a while, get tested at work for Covid, and yep. Got sent home. My Doc says I now have to postpone my chemo even longer until I am over Covid.

*****!!!!

I just want to be done with this crap.

I guess a nice five day Co-vacation isn’t so bad.

• Sad 2

Driving to hockey on the other side of town last week the transmission on my 2015 Caravan with 59k stopped working. Being 30 miles from home, I had it towed to the closest repair shop. Got it back today. They said the transmission filter was clogged with metal particles, but they couldn’t tell how bad the damage is unless they took it apart which is essentially a rebuild for $5-6k. They replaced the filter and I drove it home.

The repair guy said it could last two weeks or two years, but if I was thinking of getting a new car, now would be a good time to trade it in. So now I have to decide what to do.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I refer to myself as “the sinker”.  Seems that no matter who I choose to root for(even in a game I just randomly flip to), that team almost always ends up losing.  😂

I know we all have similar stories around here, but I've always cringed at this one.  The Bills missed the playoffs for my entire 20s.  The Sabres missed for all of my 30s.  I was willing to have people pay me to sink an entire franchise for my 40s, but haven't had any takers yet.  I fear that the Sabres will just keep the streak going instead.

Oh, and I met my wife one month after the Sabres' last playoff game.  I just assume this means that the drought will never end.

edit: Ahhh crap, I should have read Taro's follow up post before I made this one.

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why doesn't anyone in the Sabres organization show any outward urgency to get better or pretend to win? Defensemen go down by the bushel, no help is brought in, a goalie goes down he is replaced with a worse goalie who is already in the pipeline. 3 college prospects who could ALL help the team and all still in school. What year is it going to be ok to ask the team to give half a crap about winning games?

On 10/27/2022 at 12:04 PM, spndnchz said:

I got COVID. Fully vaccinated and still have it

Same, right around the same time. For me, at least, it wasn't too bad after the first day or two.

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Driving to hockey on the other side of town last week the transmission on my 2015 Caravan with 59k stopped working. Being 30 miles from home, I had it towed to the closest repair shop. Got it back today. They said the transmission filter was clogged with metal particles, but they couldn’t tell how bad the damage is unless they took it apart which is essentially a rebuild for $5-6k. They replaced the filter and I drove it home.

The repair guy said it could last two weeks or two years, but if I was thinking of getting a new car, now would be a good time to trade it in. So now I have to decide what to do.

I'll be honest, the number of Chrysler "my transmission had to be replaced at 60k" stories has soured me on ever buying anything from them.

10 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Snowblower taken in for repair last Friday.  Owner said 2 weeks.  Who would have guessed that several days after I dropped it off, a crazy November storm is forecast. 😡

Miracles do occur.  I got a call around 3 from the owner.   Said he could have it done and delivered by 8 tonight.  

Just delivered and the snow just started coming down as he left.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, SwampD said:

I had to push my 6th and final chemo cycle back a week because I was sick (cough, snot, sore throat). Took my first set of pills Tuesday night. Awesome, let’s get this over with. I woke up Wednesday feeling better than I have in a while, get tested at work for Covid, and yep. Got sent home. My Doc says I now have to postpone my chemo even longer until I am over Covid.

*****!!!!

I just want to be done with this crap.

I guess a nice five day Co-vacation isn’t so bad.

I was going to post something about a nagging health issue that I have been plagued with for nearly the past two months. After reading your post I feel ashamed of myself for the lack of perspective. I just want you to know that I'm wishing you the best and offering my prayers. 

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I was going to post something about a nagging health issue that I have been plagued with for nearly the past two months. After reading your post I feel ashamed of myself for the lack of perspective. I just want you to know that I'm wishing you the best and offering my prayers. 

I should put this in the Awesome thread, but I took my last pills last night. Done.

Celebrated with a couple of margaritas at lunch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

Now, My complaint.

I don't ***** care about your top five Spotify artists!!!! Not only does Spotify sound like crap compared to other services, but they are the most invasive in terms of data collection, and other than YouTube, they pay the least amount of money back to the artists.  ***** Spotify.

• Like (+1) 1

Not related to today, but this house is awesome except it doesn't have an outside faucet for a hose. There's one in the utility closet in the garage where the well is, but I had to rig up a couple hoses with quick disconnects to run out through the garage. But, I can't leave it with doors open all the time. It's a minor hassle in the grad scheme of things, but if I owned this place I'd be drilling a hole through the utility closet exterior wall the day after I took possession.

Nobody at work, or in society in general, tends to care about anything or anyone but themselves.  Yeah, I know, some will say it was always like that, we just tend to remember the past more fondly, but there is no way people (in general) put forth less effort at work. Instead of taking pride in their jobs, its almost as if people take pride in GETTING AWAY with what they can at their job more than actually doing the work.  A typical employee at my job (and my wife's job it seems) has 2 goals: 1.)  make as much money as possible, by getting raise or promotions they don't deserve or skimming as much time as possible..then...2.) doing as little work as they can for what they make. Doesn't matter if they just got a raise....now they don't want to be that 'chump' who works harder than they need to.

My current job, 3 days a week I'm on the computer.  2 parts of my work consist of a.) Generating my own reports and b.)  Correcting mistakes made by others.  For the first time every this summer, I had a week where I spent MORE time correcting others reports than doing my own.  The last 2 months, that is now happening every other week.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I should put this in the Awesome thread, but I took my last pills last night. Done.

Celebrated with a couple of margaritas at lunch.

I'm not much a drinker. But I will have a whiskey that will make me loopy and dedicate it to the good news coming from you. 🍷

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/17/2022 at 3:17 PM, MattPie said:

Same, right around the same time. For me, at least, it wasn't too bad after the first day or two.

I'll be honest, the number of Chrysler "my transmission had to be replaced at 60k" stories has soured me on ever buying anything from them.

Fiat was never the mark of quality. 

Sitting in doctor’s office waiting to get a cortisone shot in my left shoulder that’s been hurting since summer. Today I got tripped playing hockey and now my right elbow has swollen to the size of a baseball. Maybe I’ll get that drained too. 

Hi! Just popped in from Crazytown for a quick visit.

I loan a brand new Chromebook to all of the apprentices at the start of the semester for our training.

“Joe” was a recovering addict when he came aboard. The day after Chromebook assignment, Joe disappeared, months ago.

I was forwarded a text from Joe, to me, the other day. Forwarded because he didn’t send the text to me, to me.

“I know I haven’t been in touch. I’m in some trouble, BiG trouble, but I am safe in &$@&@. I’m still interested in work.” I’m paraphrasing because Joe’s message took me a while to decipher.

He’s gone. Lost cause. Ordinary I’d demand the return of my property but I like being alive and not slaughtered by your angry drug lord.

JFC. Keep the ***** Chromebook and lose my ***** number!

Have fun, everyone. I need to get back to Crazytown. They need my help.

When you love your manager as a person, but they aren’t detail oriented/too busy. 

I like my job. I’ll carry a heaping pale of water for you.  But can you please just read what I wrote in email in its entirety? Would you please pretend you’re trying to remove roadblocks instead of firing off one sentence nightmares?

Surely someone can sympathize.