Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

On 6/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, LabattBlue said:

Go to a cemetery and clean up a loved ones gravesite.  Wipe down the headstone, trim around it, plant a flower or two….or leave some artificial flowers. 

Especially in the older cemetery’s, it is sad how neglected some sites are…and the groundskeepers seem to barely have time to do little more than mow up and down the rows…no time to even weed whack. 

Cemeteries are ponzi schemes.  They make their money by selling plots and "perpetual care" When the cemetery runs out of new plots to sell the decline starts because there is no new source of revenue to keep up with the "perpetual care" on plots sold 40 or 50 years ago.

7 hours ago, SDS said:

This is an embarrassing lie. I’m not sure if you get your facts from Memes, Adam Carolla, Facebook videos or Fox News, very but doing even minor due diligence on such a claim would reveal that it’s a lie. This has been debunked many times, feel free to choose a real source. This is one:

https://apnews.com/article/160551360299

Maybe so but my friend's wife witnessed someone walk out of a retail store with a bunch of unpaid merchandise yesterday.   Store employees told the individual to stop but the subject kept walking.   They did not pursue nor to her knowledge did they contact the police.  That boggles my mind.

Edited by Indabuff

9 hours ago, SDS said:

This is an embarrassing lie. I’m not sure if you get your facts from Memes, Adam Carolla, Facebook videos or Fox News, very but doing even minor due diligence on such a claim would reveal that it’s a lie. This has been debunked many times, feel free to choose a real source. This is one:

https://apnews.com/article/160551360299

What is this?  What embarrassing lie?  Believe whatever sources you want but knock off the aggressive bully act with me.   I should not have to take your abuse and I won’t.  If you have another perspective to share why do it in this way?  Does it make you feel like a big man?  

You should be embarrassed by your comments to me.  

People talking about politics when not asked about it, in forums/places not about it.

We all have our point of view, and sure, we all want others to feel the same way that we do, I get it. 

My complaint is hearing about others political point of view when I didn't ask to hear it. Being TOLD someone else's point of view when I want to avoid it.

I don't care if you think one side is 100% correct or the other side. I don't care if  your view is the same as mine or not.  When I WANT to hear about politics, I will go to places where that is featured or ask an opinion.  This has been getting worse over the last 4 or 5 years and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. 

The person who just CAN'T RESIST responding to a twitter post that has NOTHING to do with politics with something political....the person who just can't stop putting that slight subtle jab relating to politics in a forum about sports (like this one), the person in the supermarket how insists on talking about his/her political opinion loud enough so anyone within 50 feet can hear them (and they want it that way).  That is my complaint for today/this week/this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 5

I am sure I have complained about the moron next door to me many times over the years.   The husband and wife don't keep up his property at all, and have an above ground swimming pool with the winter cover still on it.  They have two boys(maybe 11 & 13) who would probably love to go swimming, but lazy daddy can't be bothered to get the pool uncovered and water swimmable.  I've always wondered if you don't want to be bothered with the upkeep of a house, why didn't you just move into an apartment or some sort of rental.   If there was a pic of white trash in the dictionary, his pic would be listed as an example.

Revisiting the trail discussion:

Last week, I was on a local multi-use trail on my bike. This part of the trail is a relatively wide dirt road (two cars easily could pass each other). Couple is walking with their dog unleashed, one on each side of the road and the dog dead center in the middle. I'm not riding through the gap between you and your dog. I slowed down a bunch (I wasn't going that fast, they saw me coming) and said, "come on guys, pick a side". They kinda apologized but how can you be so oblivious.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

Revisiting the trail discussion:

Last week, I was on a local multi-use trail on my bike. This part of the trail is a relatively wide dirt road (two cars easily could pass each other). Couple is walking with their dog unleashed, one on each side of the road and the dog dead center in the middle. I'm not riding through the gap between you and your dog. I slowed down a bunch (I wasn't going that fast, they saw me coming) and said, "come on guys, pick a side". They kinda apologized but how can you be so oblivious.

I yell out "I'm on your left!" From about 30 yards out. Now, 65% of people are going to move to the left and get right in my path. I know this, a quick right swerve and I'm on my way. 30% of people move to the right and give me a wide birth. And 5% of people are local college girls. They don't move for *****in anything.

Also, unleashed dogs piss me off. 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I am sure I have complained about the moron next door to me many times over the years.   The husband and wife don't keep up his property at all, and have an above ground swimming pool with the winter cover still on it.  They have two boys(maybe 11 & 13) who would probably love to go swimming, but lazy daddy can't be bothered to get the pool uncovered and water swimmable.  I've always wondered if you don't want to be bothered with the upkeep of a house, why didn't you just move into an apartment or some sort of rental.   If there was a pic of white trash in the dictionary, his pic would be listed as an example.

My one neighbor's backyard is a garbage dump of empty potting soil bags, empty and broken vegetable containers and overgrown shrubs.his garage is filled with hoarder ***** and a car that hasn't moved in the 9 years that I've lived here. The lawn gets mowed like once every 3 weeks, and it's by his wife, when she gets sick of looking at it. I love listening to her bitch about it. And this guy had the nerve to bitch about my kid and his friends playing in the street out in front of my house. Eat my ass, buddy! They ain't hurting nothing and it's before 9pm. 

• Sad 1

On 6/16/2022 at 10:49 PM, Indabuff said:

Maybe so but my friend's wife witnessed someone walk out of a retail store with a bunch of unpaid merchandise yesterday.   Store employees told the individual to stop but the subject kept walking.   They did not pursue nor to her knowledge did they contact the police.  That boggles my mind.

I work in receiving for a major American retailer and it's essentially company policy to do nothing to stop or deter shoplifters. You can't even go up to someone you suspect of shoplifting and ask if they need any help (seriously). We all joke that instead of cutting hours to save money just get rid of LP because they are essentially barred from stopping theft.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

I work in receiving for a major American retailer and it's essentially company policy to do nothing to stop or deter shoplifters. You can't even go up to someone you suspect of shoplifting and ask if they need any help (seriously). We all joke that instead of cutting hours to save money just get rid of LP because they are essentially barred from stopping theft.

If it’s Sears, there isn’t much left to take.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m walking out of the store the other day and an old lady (75+) stops and watches me walk all the way across the walk.

Once I’m all the way past her I hear, very loudly, “Mmmmmm, now what do we have here!”

I wanted to run away as fast as I could.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I worked at a vendor for a few major retailers. First guess...Home Depot.  2nd guess Walmart. But I'd have to go with Home Depot.  

I ordered a cast iron chimnea from Home  Depot online a few years ago. It was pricey, $400+ but I’ve scrimped for decades.

They called when it was in, I picked it up, awesome chimnea. Very happy.

Two weeks later I start getting phone calls all throughout the day, every day.

”You’re chimnea is in.” Every time I tell them “I’ve already picked it up.”

After two full weeks of this nonsense I finally tell them “Thank you, I’ll be right in.”

I show up at the online place and tell them “I’m here.” 
“Oh good!” They say. “We’ve been waiting for you!”

I wait a very long time for them to look for it. Nervous glances at me from the desk. 
I smile with excitement.

”Uhm, Sir. We can’t find it.”

By now I’ve soften in my stance and reveal that I’ve had it for weeks and had begged for someone to stop calling me to come get it. 
They were ready to get me another $400+ chimnea because they can’t manage simple things. 
How do they recover? Inflation of prices? I kid. Or maybe not.

19 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

People talking about politics when not asked about it, in forums/places not about it.

We all have our point of view, and sure, we all want others to feel the same way that we do, I get it. 

My complaint is hearing about others political point of view when I didn't ask to hear it. Being TOLD someone else's point of view when I want to avoid it.

I don't care if you think one side is 100% correct or the other side. I don't care if  your view is the same as mine or not.  When I WANT to hear about politics, I will go to places where that is featured or ask an opinion.  This has been getting worse over the last 4 or 5 years and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. 

The person who just CAN'T RESIST responding to a twitter post that has NOTHING to do with politics with something political....the person who just can't stop putting that slight subtle jab relating to politics in a forum about sports (like this one), the person in the supermarket how insists on talking about his/her political opinion loud enough so anyone within 50 feet can hear them (and they want it that way).  That is my complaint for today/this week/this year.

What scares me is that that was me several years ago.

Sure, I may have mostly moved on from it, but it still hurts from time to time that I had actually dehumanized and demonized others in the process with my arrogant and “holier than thou” attitude.

Uber ***** Sucks.

Chat bots are ***** useless. Hey, thanks for sending me to the help section of your website you piece of *****. I never would have though of that.

Never though I would say this, but I actually miss dealing with people. At least then, I know who to be mad at.

• Like (+1) 1

Neighbors who insist on their dogs NOT doing anything on their lawn but instead going on their neighbors lawn.

We have several brown spots of dead grass up front from where our neighbors dogs go.  I understand you can't prevent that...what my problem is with certain neighbors who will basically run the dog out of the front of their house to get down the street, and never let their dogs go in their own back yard.

There is a guy a few houses down the street from us who walks his dog down the street several times per day.  Earlier this week I saw him take their dog out and it looked like the dog was looking for a spot to go right outside the door. The guy pulled on the leash and yelled at the dog to "come on" and got the dog of of his own front yard where the dog proceeded to use a neighbors front yard.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:09 PM, mjd1001 said:

I never thought of posting this, but I can't agree more.

When I am walking anywhere, if someone is walking toward me (honestly usually 2 females) who are walking side by side, they just WON'T move when you walk by them. I usually get over to the right side of my sidewalk, and when I walk with my wife we get to the right and one of us goes in front of the other, but usually when 2 women are walking at me, they usually refuse to stop walking side-by-side.  To the point that when you pass them, you usually bump shoulders or arms.

It doesn't get any better on the multi-use paths, at least around here.  When riding my bike, people pull the same *****.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It doesn't get any better on the multi-use paths, at least around here.  When riding my bike, people pull the same *****.

Speaking of multi use paths, this is a really minor complaint but something I was thinking of recently..

I grew up in Western NY and live here now, but I spent a good number of years living in Boston or near it on Cape Cod.  Cape cod especially has miles and miles and miles of bike trails I used quite a bit when I lived there. Not only are they safer to ride than on the roads, some of them actually go someplace (a Bike trail came right into my community and I could ride it a few miles to get to a shopping plaza without ever driving alongside a road.)

Anyway, what I grew used to there was whenever someone would be going faster than you and pass you, or whenever someone was walking and a jogger or a bike rider would pass them, they would almost always say "On your left" a few seconds before they passed you so there was no surprise.  That is something that very rarely happens here. On a trail, on a sidewalk, anywhere, when someone traveling faster than I am (whether on a bike, running, etc) passes me here, usually it is a surprise if you don't see them coming, and several times you almost run into each other.   In general, people using bike trails/multi use trails when I lived on Cape Cod or near Boston where much more courteous and safer than they are here.