Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I love my T-Mobile cell phone plan and service, and the T-Mobile Internet is a thing of beauty.  That being said, their overseas call center is terrible, and there is no option to be transferred to someone in the US.  THEY SUCK!!!!

If you have any issues, I would just go to the local store and let them resolve it whether it be billing or technology. 

11 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Theres a correct side?

Yeah, just like on staircases.  We walk on the right in this country.  I don't know about Scotland.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, just like on staircases.  We walk on the right in this country.  I don't know about Scotland.

That's the thing, I'm in the UK and I'm being good and following the rules on the left, but it's just chaos globally 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

There's a slightly different version of that and it involves any store that has a pair of doors at their entrance.  People will only use one side.  I've seen small lines build up outside while people wait for anyone coming out.  There's two doors people!  Use those things you have called arms and just open the other one.  I've walked right past these lines, opened the door and walked right in.  The look on their faces, you'd think I just invented the wheel.

There is one slight hiccup to this though.  Certain places will keep one of those two doors locked.  I feel like this has to be a fire hazard.  Just picture being in a rush to get out of the place and you run into a door that doesn't move.  I haven't seen him do it in years, but my brother would always unlock that second door anytime he came across one.

And come on people, if there's someone behind you, hold the door for them until they can grab it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Go to a cemetery and clean up a loved ones gravesite.  Wipe down the headstone, trim around it, plant a flower or two….or leave some artificial flowers. 

Especially in the older cemetery’s, it is sad how neglected some sites are…and the groundskeepers seem to barely have time to do little more than mow up and down the rows…no time to even weed whack. 

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Theres a correct side?

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's the thing, I'm in the UK and I'm being good and following the rules on the left, but it's just chaos globally 😂

I found in the UK it was mixed, which I found interesting. I expected it to be left just like driving, but at least in London it wasn't a rule, even outside the touristy areas.

Related: runners who run on the left side of multi-use trails. I get why you do it on the road with cars, but on a trail we're all going similar speeds. Makes for dangerous interactions if there are walkers on the right edge, a runner on the left edge, and bike traffic coming the other direction or passing.

Double-related: groups of walkers on trails walking 2-4 wide and taking up the whole thing while simultaneously being oblivious to people around them.

45 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Related: runners who run on the left side of multi-use trails. I get why you do it on the road with cars, but on a trail we're all going similar speeds. Makes for dangerous interactions if there are walkers on the right edge, a runner on the left edge, and bike traffic coming the other direction or passing.

Lots of people do that around here (walk/run on the left on the trail).  Drives me nuts.  There are signs that say to walk on the right but people don't pay attention.

5 hours ago, steveoath said:

Theres a correct side?

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I found in the UK it was mixed, which I found interesting. I expected it to be left just like driving, but at least in London it wasn't a rule, even outside the touristy areas.

OK, so at least on the island of Great Britain, this is a challenge, apparently.  I've been there and don't remember there being any problems, but that was like 25 years ago, so whatever.

So gas prices are at an all-time high. I get it, and so does everyone else here. What baffles me is that the ones who are complaining the most are the same people who have the worst driving habits - including truck drivers - when they have no one else to blame but themselves but who still insist on blaming others for “impinging” on their blank check finances. Needless to say, they’re also the very same idiots who help keep accident attorneys in business, since they all must have taken lessons from the Pelle Lindbergh Driving Academy.

I don’t feel sorry for them at all.

Edited by FogBat

On 5/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, Pimlach said:

In some cities in certain states, you literally can walk out of a store with less than $900 worth of stolen goods and not be charged with a crime.  

The stolen items are tallied and the cost is passed on to the consumer.  

This is an embarrassing lie. I’m not sure if you get your facts from Memes, Adam Carolla, Facebook videos or Fox News, very but doing even minor due diligence on such a claim would reveal that it’s a lie. This has been debunked many times, feel free to choose a real source. This is one:

https://apnews.com/article/160551360299

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is an embarrassing lie. I’m not sure if you get your facts from Memes, Adam Carolla, Facebook videos or Fox News, very but doing even minor due diligence on such a claim would reveal that it’s a lie. This has been debunked many times, feel free to choose a real source. This is one:

https://apnews.com/article/160551360299

A link to the actual 2014 CA Proposition 47 follows.  Looks like the AP recap is a fair interpretation of it.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/prop47.htm

On 6/9/2022 at 3:53 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Is it so hard to stay on the correct side while walking on a sidewalk. 

Also if you're the size of the sidewalk, then you and your fat family don't need to walk side by side. 

I never thought of posting this, but I can't agree more.

When I am walking anywhere, if someone is walking toward me (honestly usually 2 females) who are walking side by side, they just WON'T move when you walk by them. I usually get over to the right side of my sidewalk, and when I walk with my wife we get to the right and one of us goes in front of the other, but usually when 2 women are walking at me, they usually refuse to stop walking side-by-side.  To the point that when you pass them, you usually bump shoulders or arms.

Just wanted to say after all these years, I still enjoy complaining, and reading others complaints. 

That being said…contractors of any kind who can’t even be bothered to return your calls suck and I hope someday their businesses fail.  How long does it take to say…I’m too busy but keep me in mind  in the future. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1