Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sabres become officially eliminated from playoff contention on my birthday. :sick: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I don't even want to get started about the boys getting eliminated today. I am just so disgusted with not just the lack of effort throughout the course of the season, but the incompetence of the FO.

I implore every fan that still lives in Bflo to boycott every home game next season. Maybe that will serve as a wake up call to them that we will no longer put up with the half-a$$ effort put forth by the entire organization.

I don't even want to get started about the boys getting eliminated today. I am just so disgusted with not just the lack of effort throughout the course of the season, but the incompetence of the FO.

I implore every fan that still lives in Bflo to boycott every home game next season. Maybe that will serve as a wake up call to them that we will no longer put up with the half-a$$ effort put forth by the entire organization.

How much you gonna give me for not using my tix?

How much you gonna give me for not using my tix?

Why don't you ask the Land of Oz Front Office that question? They're the ones who appear to be responsible for the nuclear meltdown these past two seasons.

No Sabre's playoff games really sucks. I'm actually a little surprised at how strongly I feel about it, but it really sucks.

Now, from the obvious to the mundane. I know that Children's fundraising has been brought up before, but it has to be mentioned again. I was driving through a town and got stopped at a light. Someone comes up to the window asking for money for the schools softball team. I never carry cash so I couldn't contribute. No offense, but how much is a glove and a couple of bats. Anyway, at every light for the next 2 miles or so were these people. I felt bad at first, but after 2 miles of the Begger's Gauntlet, I was glad I didn't have any money and wanted them to just go away. I'm still trying to figure out how they are different from the window washing bums.

Why does it take so long to recover from 4 days of very little sleep? I've been back to the real world for about 4 days now, but I'm still dead tired. I guess I'll just have to sleep this entire weekend.

Only sleep, huh?

When you poison your body as bad as I'm guessing you did as well, it takes time to recover. Wait 'til you're forty.

Only sleep, huh?

When you poison your body as bad as I'm guessing you did as well, it takes time to recover. Wait 'til you're forty.

Yeah, I'm taking a long break from those tasty beverages for a while too. It's for the best. The tough part will be tonight when I'm at a bar for a friend's birthday. I'm hoping to pass off a regular coke as a jack and coke. All it takes is one of those little mixing straws.

I'm watching 3 hockey games last night each on a different channel.

I'd say 40% of the time when one game paused for a commercial they all chose to, and 60% at least 2. I think they coordinate it.

TV timeout are scheduled to happen at a certain point on the game clock. If the games start at the same time, there's bound to be a bit over an overlap with all 3. But yes, that does suck. It happens all the time with tv shows and with radio. I can't count the number of times I've sat in a car scrolling through the radio during commercials. Either every station is at commercial, or they're all playing crap. It must be some unwritten rule.

TV timeout are scheduled to happen at a certain point on the game clock. If the games start at the same time, there's bound to be a bit over an overlap with all 3. But yes, that does suck. It happens all the time with tv shows and with radio. I can't count the number of times I've sat in a car scrolling through the radio during commercials. Either every station is at commercial, or they're all playing crap. It must be some unwritten rule.

First stoppage after the 6, 10 and 14-minute mark, unless stoppage is for icing or a goal, or during a power play. The predictability of the breaks is one of the things I love about the NHL. And it plays a subtle role in coaching, I would think. And there's just something about three periods with two intermissions that are long enough to actually get something accomplished. There's a beautiful rhythm to the game. Wait, this is the complaint thread!

I hate it when my mind draws a blank on my weekly plus/minus feature, whether it's one or the other. Hopefully, this fills the gap.

Plus because of Minus

On to a genuine complaint: I came out of the house last Monday, picked up a load in Raphine, VA going to Oaks, PA and it only paid for 388 miles. Once I got there and delivered on Tuesday, dispatch told me they had no loads for me and that I needed to find the closest parking space as possible. Well, they have a policy that unless I am authorized to take any toll road, I'm not supposed to use them. However, they made an exception. So I tried to get as close to the King of Prussia rest area going westbound on the PA turnpike. The place was completely boarded up and barricaded. A sign read, "Next rest area 22 miles". So I went over to Marsh and parked it there. I wound up staying there for 45 hours until my next load was ready for pick up over in Boothwyn, PA (near Wilmington, DE). Mind you, this load was not supposed to deliver in Maryville, MO until 4.13 in the early morning hours AND it's an appointment. Which means that I would only get paid 388 miles for the week and no one in their right mind can afford to live on that - even if I am getting paid .42/mile.

I picked it up anyway and was figuring that I would be allowed to relay the load over at the drop yard in E. St. Louis, IL. Dispatch refused, saying that it was out of the way. I said that it was maybe about 10-15 miles away from I-70. No matter, they didn't want it there. I asked about Indianapolis. Nope, no dice. They told me that I would only be allowed to drop it at the terminal in Columbus - 434 miles from where I picked up. When deadhead is factored in to pick up the load (no, this is not in reference to the Grateful Dead), I only got paid 885 miles for the week.

Oh, it gets better. From the terminal, I was sent a load to pick up in Brookville, OH and deliver to Keasbey, NJ - which is near Newark. My first reaction was Oh, you've got to be KIDDING ME!!!:angry: That part of the country has been the absolute worst for outbound freight over the past few months! I pleaded with my fleet manager to get a hold of me. Finally, I just decided to suck it up and take it, knowing that this was futile to fight them over it. My fleet manager finally sends me a Qualcomm message as I get to the shipper for the Brookville load telling me that they're doing the best they can and for me to "hang in there". (Yeah, right. If I hang in there like he's telling me to do, I'm going to lose my house.) I picked it up that Friday, and had it over there by Saturday afternoon. I sat for almost 72 hours before my next load was ready. Mind you, I received notice almost 45 hours after my arrival in Keasbey that there would be a load for me, but it wouldn't be ready until 5 pm Tuesday afternoon - 27 hours later after the load offering was sent.

Here's what they don't know. I took some time on my laptop and filled out an online application for another trucking company on Monday since I wasn't going anywhere. I got a call the following day for an over the phone interview. They have a dedicated account that is not far from where I live. It just came open. I'll at least get a chance to get home at least one day every weekend. Plus, it appears that I should be getting at least 2300-2500 miles a week. Granted, I'll be taking a HUGE pay cut per miles at only .345/mile, but it's actually far better than .42/mile and maybe getting 1500-1700 miles a week WITH the obvious uncertainty where they're going to secure freight. So, I've been hired on and my last day with my current company will be either next Wednesday or Thursday.

As it is, I'd been mulling over a switch for the past 2-3 months. However, this past week, with all the sitting around and getting forced to go to points around Philly/NJ/Tri-State area was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was time for me to "pull the trigger" and get the switch done.

I hate it when my mind draws a blank on my weekly plus/minus feature, whether it's one or the other. Hopefully, this fills the gap.

Plus because of Minus

On to a genuine complaint:

As it is, I'd been mulling over a switch for the past 2-3 months. However, this past week, with all the sitting around and getting forced to go to points around Philly/NJ/Tri-State area was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was time for me to "pull the trigger" and get the switch done.

Good for you! I hope it works out. Keep on truckin'

the urologist checked my bladder today by shoving a small tube up the pp and filling it full of water.

then he took it out and shoved it another tube up there with a camera. I came home, took a nap. got up dazed and went to the laundromat where I promptly washed my paycheck which was in a back pocket until it was this folded up, wet blue mess with no ink on it.

Good for you! I hope it works out. Keep on truckin'

Thanks.

BTW, when I called my home terminal on what I needed to do leading up to my final days, I was told by one of my fleet manager's assistants that if my FM had any questions, he would either Qualcomm me or call me. Nothing yet. Quite honestly, I think that speaks volumes, especially since he encouraged me to stick things out.