Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I met 10 teenagers yesterday that asked me what baloney was.....

Seriously...they did not know what baloney was.....one knew...but couldn't really

describe it to the others.

Not right. Not right I tell you.

My bologna has a first name, it is O.. S.. C.. A.. R

My bologna has a second name, it is M.. E.. Y.. E.. R

And if you as me then I'll say, its B.. O.. L.. O.. G.. N.. A

I was watching the game on NHLN last night. It was the TSN feed of the Calgary game. It was in HD but I noticed that it just didn't look right to me. I then noticed that there was the banner across the top of the picture that has the score and time on it. Fine. But then I noticed that it was not at the top of the screen. It was actually down a bit and the picture above it was in shadow. Whenever play was in the middle of the ice you could not see anything on the far side of the rink because of this stupid banner.

So my complaint is more of a question. What kind of jackass says to themselves,"Ya know, that HD picture is just too darn big. I think we should cover almost an eighth of it."? Oh yeah, TV producers who cant get out of their own way. And I did measure it. They covered up almost an eighth of the picture :doh:

I love when versus puts on their "interview window" that takes up a good chunk of a bottom corner of the screen while the play is going on.

The more I learn about medical personnel, the less I want to know about medical personnel.

Amen to that. I didn't even want to go to the hospital when I dislocated my knee cap. I definitely don't think I'd want to go if I were ever severely sick. Sometimes I swear they don't know any more than we do.

This was a topic at work today and i just wanna vent about it...

... Why in the hell did management not keep Dainus Zubrus??!! He makes less than Hecht and if he had the right linemates he could easily be a 50 to 60 point man. Where as Hecht makes his linemates worse.

I want to complain about the fact that Sabre fans would never be enthusiastic enough to shout out the last name of goal scorers like they do in Ottawa -- PA guy... Ottawa goal scored by number 11, Daniel... Fans: AL-FRED-SSON!

Cool as hell.

It has nothing to do with knowing what makes you tick, it is about listening and doing your job. I'm a dispatcher and I never miss home times unless freight conditions completely prevent you from getting home. And then I talk to you about it before you miss time off.

Well, then I probably don't work for your company (and I don't want to know who you work for either).

Seriously, you really have a lot of gall to try to tell me that I'm not doing my job - especially when my dispatcher told me and all the other drivers underneath him not to pester him while they were trying to secure freight for us. I wound up sitting for nearly 48 hours until my load became available.

You have to admit that every company does things differently - and some have more headaches than others.

Happy I found this quote:

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

That about sums up my work life. I'm in meetings about 6 hours a week. My manager, about 15, my managers' manager, about 30 (worst part is there are 2 more levels above him). Nice to see people actually find time to decide on nothing.

I met 10 teenagers yesterday that asked me what baloney was.....

Seriously...they did not know what baloney was.....one knew...but couldn't really

describe it to the others.

Not right. Not right I tell you.

:rolleyes: Tell em to read a Deluca Post :nana: Sorry Deluca couldn't let that easy softball pass... ;)

My complaint. I have been really stressed over some life stuff going on right now and the one escape and joy I used to always have (Hockey) has been sucked dry :wallbash: by watching this sabres teams lack of genuine effort. So glad I could afford CI after all these years :bag: NOT!

People who apply for jobs that:

1. Have no relative experience
  2. Cannot even fill out an appropriate application
  3. Have the phone skills of a 4th grader
  4. Dont even use spellcheck on their own resume

I would love to give people a chance, but you need to help yourself first. :wallbash:

The fact that I told my twistd server to use /dev/null as it's log file instead of syslog so I could just dump the log trash to the bit bucket instead of keeping it around, and it decided to rotate /dev/null. So now I have /dev/null.1 through /dev/null.168. To make things worse, the /dev/null that's left isn't a char. device any longer, it's a root owned 0666 file. So now I'm planning on a long night of fixing Linux machines and redeploying my twistd components.

Yay.

Politics, too. I'm sick of that. First GW "can't speak", and now Obama's a tool for using a teleprompter... :doh: These are things that really shouldn't matter, yet we bicker...

Guys who let their GF/significant other wear skimpy, revealing or otherwise provocative outfits in public and then proceed to glare and puff out their chest at every other guy who checks out said scantily clad "lady."

Can I put in a pre-emptive complaint for the eventual novel he'll post in here if he ever discovers this thread? Oh wait, he only posts in his own threads to call Wolfy an idiot. But hey, at least he's right on that point.

Considering I kept replying to his garbage, I have to agree. Sometimes it takes me a little longer to pick up on things....

Happy I found this quote:

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

That about sums up my work life. I'm in meetings about 6 hours a week. My manager, about 15, my managers' manager, about 30 (worst part is there are 2 more levels above him). Nice to see people actually find time to decide on nothing.

Amen.

I am closing on a house in a couple of weeks. One minute, I am happy about it, the next minute I am miserable. One minute I love the house, the next minute I hate the house. The prospect of writting that check for 20% and then signing my life away makes me want to puke.

I am closing on a house in a couple of weeks. One minute, I am happy about it, the next minute I am miserable. One minute I love the house, the next minute I hate the house. The prospect of writting that check for 20% and then signing my life away makes me want to puke.

I feel your pain...doing the same right now. It is the worst thing ever, but hopefully it works out for the best keep your head up.