Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, FogBat said:

One thing I can't stand in the trucking industry is when I go to pass another driver, a few of them speed up so I can't pass them; not just once, but at least twice. I got on the CB radio and told this one driver that I didn't have time to play that game. If he has time to play, then he needs to go to the closest DMV office in his home state and surrender his CDL.

I. F’N. Hate!!!! Speed matchers.

They are broken human beings that all need to go away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FogBat said:

One thing I can't stand in the trucking industry is when I go to pass another driver, a few of them speed up so I can't pass them; not just once, but at least twice. I got on the CB radio and told this one driver that I didn't have time to play that game. If he has time to play, then he needs to go to the closest DMV office in his home state and surrender his CDL.

You need some of them spike lugs.  Didn't chariots of Colosseum times have those?  I always envision two tractor trailers trading sparks with those things at 2 am on some interstate main drag.

11 hours ago, Indabuff said:

You need some of them spike lugs.  Didn't chariots of Colosseum times have those?  I always envision two tractor trailers trading sparks with those things at 2 am on some interstate main drag.

Interesting idea, but there's no way I would legally be allowed to go Road Warrior or Ben-Hur on those guys. After all, the abundance of lawyer billboards are a reminder of why not to do that. Besides, they may get their comeuppance one day.

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

And the people who just have to be ahead of you?

Steering wheel holders who might as well be asleep at the wheel - especially if they're in the passing lane trying to reenact an opening scene from Revenge of the Nerds.

My FIL had a stroke yesterday. He’s at Strong yet. Sucks that there’s only one visitor per day because that one is my MIL so getting accurate info is nearly impossible. 
Mrs. iT is trying to get herself on his hippa so we can have some friggin idea what’s going on.

It appears there’s a fear of cognitive problems. Less severe than my father’s stroke but he seems to be having the same problem falling asleep in the middle of conversations.

We live through the woods from the in laws and are their primary helpers. 
You know these times are coming and suddenly they’re here. 
Roll up your sleeves Ogre.

Edited by Ogre
Swipe text did a there for they’re
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

My FIL had a stroke yesterday. He’s at Strong yet. Sucks that there’s only one visitor per day because that one is my MIL so getting accurate info is nearly impossible. 
Mrs. iT is trying to get herself on his hippa so we can have some friggin idea what’s going on.

It appears there’s a fear of cognitive problems. Less severe than my father’s stroke but he seems to be having the same problem falling asleep in the middle of conversations.

Hoping for the best.  Scary stuff.  Know that sometimes people get lucky & have full/near recoveries.

Will say a prayer for you and wife's family.  

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Oof.  I know this is coming for us soon.  You have my sympathy.

Edited by Weave

On 9/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, Taro T said:

Hoping for the best.  Scary stuff.  Know that sometimes people get lucky & have full/near recoveries.

Will say a prayer for you and wife's family.  

Thank you. Someone up there is obviously listening to you. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, Weave said:

Oof.  I know this is coming for us soon.  You have my sympathy.

What an experience. We got him home last Saturday. All physical attributes are intact but the poor man’s short term memory and reasoning are impaired. 

No idea to what degree, time tells us that. 

My MIL doesn’t drive so the iT’s lives are hectic. The doctor visit trips are welcome but my MIL has a daily grocery store habit that is out of control. Make a list for the week! 

The MRI showed that he had a prior episode that also left damage. Explains a lot of really bizarre behavior over the last six months. I feel bad now for getting annoyed with him.

He really is a good man. I wish he’d have taken his health more seriously.

19 minutes ago, Ogre said:

What an experience. We got him home last Saturday. All physical attributes are intact but the poor man’s short term memory and reasoning are impaired. 

No idea to what degree, time tells us that. 

My MIL doesn’t drive so the iT’s lives are hectic. The doctor visit trips are welcome but my MIL has a daily grocery store habit that is out of control. Make a list for the week! 

The MRI showed that he had a prior episode that also left damage. Explains a lot of really bizarre behavior over the last six months. I feel bad now for getting annoyed with him.

He really is a good man. I wish he’d have taken his health more seriously.

Really hope he gets the ST memory back, too.  Glad the rest of his facilities seem to be intact.  That's good to "hear."

32 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Automated phone menus.  You used to be able to hit “0” repeatedly and it would get you to a live person.  Now it is much more difficult.  😡

Be thankful you weren't trying to check on a refund status w/ the IRS.  Wouldn't show up on line about 3 months after filing.  Gave a phone # to call.  NO way to get out of the automated messages and it would eventually just hang up on you after telling you to try to schedule an interview w/ a local IRS office.  Can't schedule on-line, have to call.  Call that #, get message to call the main IRS # as people don't man that phone line.  Call it and get told the call volume is too great, try again some other time.

Finally, after about the 5th time trying (waiting a few days between each try) get through to a human who asked why the call.  Explained trying to find out refund status.  Told she had no idea because it was received but they were too busy to give it to an agent to process.  No idea when it would be reviewed, but they did actually have it.  6 weeks later finally got the refund.

Got the NYS refund in something like 3 weeks after filing.  

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Inquired about a new RAV4 at a local Toyota dealership…mimimum 3-6 months. 😡

I have a feeling when I inquire about other SUV’s in that class, the answers will be similar. 😞

There is an ongoing problem with computer chip supply.  The run on laptops during the pandemic lockdowns has taken all the supply.  The story will be similar everywhere.

+++++

Our beloved Acura Legend (1992 ... British Racing Green ... 😎) has a problem. 

A week ago we were going to take her out for a little tour and she wouldn't start.  Had CAA over and they could not figure it out.  Battery is new and fine.

Seemed to not be cranking over, so maybe no spark.  Changed the spark plugs on Saturday (it was needed) and still no go.

Call my mechanic and have an appointment booked for 8:00 AM on Wednesday, October 6th.  Need to get it towed by CAA at about 6:30 AM.  That's gonna be a long and probably expensive and not fun overall day, but hey it's all good.  I can't really complain ... just venting a little bit.  If I wanted to complain it would be about our recent election here in Canada.  Having a little get together with neighbours tomorrow afternoon for just that purpose.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
more goodly typing ...

57 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Inquired about a new RAV4 at a local Toyota dealership…mimimum 3-6 months. 😡

I have a feeling when I inquire about other SUV’s in that class, the answers will be similar. 😞

We got our RAV4 just as the rush was coming into full swing.  I swear there were going to be fist fights in the dealership over who got to buy a car.  Glad we got ours when we did.

I’m hoping this ***** ebbs somewhat come Spring.  It’s about time to replace my Grand Cherokee.

This should be posted in the Friday thread, but I am very happy that you came out of SabreSpace retirement @LabattBlue for many reasons including that you can unlock this thread in a very timely fashion and that you seem to be able to keep track of which day of the week it is.

Would that be more goodly if there was a period in there someplace?  I can't decide where to put one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1