Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

These loudmouthed anti-vaxxers should be charged with criminally negligent homicide/manslaughter!

A friend in Russia told me that his country's mortality rate due to the pandemic is much higher than it is in the UK due to the people watching and listening to the tin foil hat liars.

And don't get me started on CPAC...

• Like (+1) 2

Last time I checked we have the ability to make choices for ourselves, using whatever cirteira we desire... Sure that criteria may suck; but we allowed ourselves to be so simple minded that social media sways in decision making. 

That doesn't change the fact that we are allowed to make those choices. I'm all for freedom, right or wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Loud obnoxious people suck!   Just went for a drink down by the waterfront.   Girl on the other side of the bar was louder than loud...and on top of that, every other word out of her mouth was an F bomb. So much for that.  One drink, and it was back home. 

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Last time I checked we have the ability to make choices for ourselves, using whatever cirteira we desire... Sure that criteria may suck; but we allowed ourselves to be so simple minded that social media sways in decision making. 

That doesn't change the fact that we are allowed to make those choices. I'm all for freedom, right or wrong. 

Murica!  Thank goodness we don't have to band together and sacrifice for a common purpose.  It wouldn't happen.  A World War would be a conspiracy theory, as evidenced by our response to a ***** deadly pandemic that's killing millions.  I love the post-truth United States.  I also love getting covid again because only 59!!!!! percent of American adults can bring themselves to get vaccinated.  We're a petri dish cooking up something that's gonna kill us all.  Great job!

2 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Murica!  Thank goodness we don't have to band together and sacrifice for a common purpose.  It wouldn't happen.  A World War would be a conspiracy theory, as evidenced by our response to a ***** deadly pandemic that's killing millions.  I love the post-truth United States.  I also love getting covid again because only 59!!!!! percent of American adults can bring themselves to get vaccinated.  We're a petri dish cooking up something that's gonna kill us all.  Great job!

Yeah, I'm sure you got where you did in life because of being handed your choices, you never had freedom to make your own decisions.... This is a tired notion... I have worked in Healthcare through this whole thing, in other places in the world and I was fighting for my country in the desert as well, we will get what we deserve with the choices we make, whatever that will be. 

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yeah, I'm sure you got where you did in life because of being handed your choices, you never had freedom to make your own decisions.... This is a tired notion... I have worked in Healthcare through this whole thing, in other places in the world and I was fighting for my country in the desert as well, we will get what we deserve with the choices we make, whatever that will be. 

What choices? This is a ***** global pandemic! A one in a hundred or more year event. One that could be defeated with some unity and selflessness. 

Healthcare, wars, and pandemics all suck because they became political.  But there should be some underlying truth and people used to know that and band together. That's the American spirit. Not the selfishness we see everyday now.

My thoughts on Covid are well versed and documented, there's no need to rehash them. 

What I'm talking about is that people lost the ability to critically think these days, a dumbass celebrity gets up there and 600,000 people instantly change a stance because of it. Its OK that an "influencer" has a less than stellar take.... It's not OK that we are too ***** stupid to not react like idiots to said influence. 

Also, this country is too fat for its own good. 

• Thanks (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My thoughts on Covid are well versed and documented, there's no need to rehash them. 

What I'm talking about is that people lost the ability to critically think these days, a dumbass celebrity gets up there and 600,000 people instantly change a stance because of it. Its OK that an "influencer" has a less than stellar take.... It's not OK that we are too ***** stupid to not react like idiots to said influence. 

I can get on board with all that. I'm liking your critical thinking theory. It all stems from that. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Too fat 😂

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

One could argue that the 600,000 are not changing a stance on something but simply following the advise of someone they already agree with on other things.

But you are correct we have lost our critical thinking. I blame schools teaching uniformity and driving education to simply be about passing a standardized test

Another gripe that goes in the same vein.... Why come to the hospital for a pregnancy test.... "we've been trying but I can't afford a test at the store" last time I checked, if you can't afford a 3 dollar pregnancy test, you can't afford a ***** child. 

But the test and hospital visit cost 0$ because of medicaid, this exact story happens multiple times per month. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Some one hit my car door and left a note that said sorry 

Got mine hit by a plow a few years back. Called the city and got the answer I expected: can I prove it? Other than the massive plow gauge on my side door no, no I can't. That was fun.

I almost always allow people who are entering or exiting a store to pass, while I stop and wait in my car.  Trying to do a nice thing, and I’m guessing more than half the people cannot be bothered with a quick “thank you” wave.  Rude, inconsiderate, and miserable people suck. 😞

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I almost always allow people who are entering or exiting a store to pass, while I stop and wait in my car.  Trying to do a nice thing, and I’m guessing more than half the people cannot be bothered with a quick “thank you” wave.  Rude, inconsiderate, and miserable people suck. 😞

Umm, isn't that the law in NYS?

Traffic never ceases to amaze me.

I came across a rolling roadblock on I-81 due to construction just west of Harrisburg, PA. Traffic is dead stopped. So, I thought I would take a detour and bypass it. I got back on at the next exit. A few miles later, I see that I'm passing trucks that I passed earlier.

And my wife doesn't think I'm serious when I've mentioned surrendering my driver's license when I retire.