Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How are you?  I don't like the very sad face thingie.

Not a big deal overall, but we are dealing with a lot right now ... still own 2 houses due to COVID and Val's mom (88) fell and was in a rehab hospital and recently moved to a *rest home* ... etc ...

New neighbourhood is a *private community* with a board of directors.  There have been ongoing garbage issues long before we got here.  The other day the President of the Board dumped a pile of garbage at our front door that he cleaned up from the street where we have to take it (until recently the city did not provide cub side pickup).  One piece of paper had my name on it, but the pile of garbage was not ours.  People are just nasty as *****.

We saw this guy when we were out for a walk.  He apologized and cleaned up the garbage.  

Still don't completely trust this dink, but ... okay.

13 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How are you?  I don't like the very sad face thingie.

Not a big deal overall, but we are dealing with a lot right now ... still own 2 houses due to COVID and Val's mom (88) fell and was in a rehab hospital and recently moved to a *rest home* ... etc ...

New neighbourhood is a *private community* with a board of directors.  There have been ongoing garbage issues long before we got here.  The other day the President of the Board dumped a pile of garbage at our front door that he cleaned up from the street where we have to take it (until recently the city did not provide cub side pickup).  One piece of paper had my name on it, but the pile of garbage was not ours.  People are just nasty as *****.

I good thx

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Why do girls feel the need to take 300 glamor shots in front of EVERYTHING?! Even if the background is crap..... Take one or 2 and move on, Instagram has ruined the world. 

Sure it's not TikTok?  🙂

But you know the real reason, it's because the Internet, and more directly, the advent of social media, has created the largest, most instantaneous feedback loop possible. So, no longer are we looking for validation in our co-workers/classmates eyes. No, we need validation of our existence on the world stage, at all times.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Chalazion.  Pain.

I've had three cut open and drained. They invert your eyelids. Pretty cool. I don't remember mine being painful. They say hot compresses can help, but they didn't help me.

I saw an eye doctor for dry eye and she straightened me out and I haven't had one since. Cleaning of the eyelids with hypochlorous acid seems to do the trick. It reduces the bacterial load and keeps the oil-producing meibomian gland orifices open (and the cleaning of the lids with a Q-tip might manually move the stagnant oil around). Hot compresses followed by gently massaging/expressing the glands and omega 3 supplements (flaxseed or fish oil seem to improve the viscosity of the oil) also might help. Low dose antibiotics (low enough that they don't even have antibacterial properties) reduce inflammation if the underlying problem is posterior blepharitis. Do you have rosacea? Dry eye?

Woody and Brawndo might give out advice for free, but I want paid for this *****!

Edited by PASabreFan

43 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've had three cut open and drained. They invert your eyelids. Pretty cool. I don't remember mine being painful. They say hot compresses can help, but they didn't help me.

I saw an eye doctor for dry eye and she straightened me out and I haven't had one since. Cleaning of the eyelids with hypochlorous acid seems to do the trick. It reduces the bacterial load and keeps the oil-producing meibomian gland orifices open (and the cleaning of the lids with a Q-tip might manually move the stagnant oil around). Hot compresses followed by gently massaging/expressing the glands and omega 3 supplements (flaxseed or fish oil seem to improve the viscosity of the oil) also might help. Low dose antibiotics (low enough that they don't even have antibacterial properties) reduce inflammation if the underlying problem is posterior blepharitis. Do you have rosacea? Dry eye?

Woody and Brawndo might give out advice for free, but I want paid for this *****!

It's just part of seasonal allergies.  Happens every year.  My opthalmologist (I don't know how to spell that and I'm not looking it up) is aware of it and all that.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Oh, you guys pay alright.... You just don't realize it right now..... We've got ya right where we want ya. 😎😂

All I do is work. And I feel guilty complaining about that because there are lots currently outta work.

Whatever.

And the only break I'm going to get is my colonoscopy.

Edited by SwampD

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

All I do is work. And I feel guilty complaining about that because there are lots currently outta work.

Whatever.

And the only break I'm going to get is my colonoscopy.

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time a couple months ago, so I got it from both ends. But that was easy, the hard part was the prep the night before.

Woke up this morning with a stiff back as I go to have a crown put in.