Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I know it’s technically Friday but mods have these privileges....

Last week sucked. It started Sunday with a huge cramp in my whole left leg. Luckily my roommate was home and massaged it out. I noticed both my feet were ice cold, while my legs were normal temp (weird right?)

I don’t remember but was told that about an hour later my whole body froze up and was like one big body cramp. My roommate called 911 and fire, ambulance, whole nine yards were at the house. I was put on a back board and taken outside to the ‘cart’. I guess I was worked on for about 15 minutes before being taken to the hospital. Turns out I was having seizures and had another when I got to the hospital.

i don’t remember anything until early Wednesday. 3 iv’s, meds and around the clock nurse aid watching over me until Friday. Really thought I was going home on Saturday but they kept me until Sunday afternoon. I follow up with a few Dr’s next week. They initially think it’s Pancytopenia.

Did you have the Covid? Just curious.

Hope all goes well for you.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

5 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I know it’s technically Friday but mods have these privileges....

Last week sucked. It started Sunday with a huge cramp in my whole left leg. Luckily my roommate was home and massaged it out. I noticed both my feet were ice cold, while my legs were normal temp (weird right?)

I don’t remember but was told that about an hour later my whole body froze up and was like one big body cramp. My roommate called 911 and fire, ambulance, whole nine yards were at the house. I was put on a back board and taken outside to the ‘cart’. I guess I was worked on for about 15 minutes before being taken to the hospital. Turns out I was having seizures and had another when I got to the hospital.

i don’t remember anything until early Wednesday. 3 iv’s, meds and around the clock nurse aid watching over me until Friday. Really thought I was going home on Saturday but they kept me until Sunday afternoon. I follow up with a few Dr’s next week. They initially think it’s Pancytopenia.

Big Hug... sorry you have to go thru that... be well.  Eat some red meat...maybe?  Took a lot of airborne, actually still do to keep up my immune system during this pandemic.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

No not Covid. More of an issue with not enough red, white blood cells and platelets 

When I read up on it, it sounded like something that could be an after effect of Covid. That's why I asked, I was wondering if this might be one of those long term effects we don't know yet.  Guess not if you didn't have it.

Like I said before, hope all goes well for you.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic
8 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Bump 🥺

How are you?  I don't like the very sad face thingie.

Not a big deal overall, but we are dealing with a lot right now ... still own 2 houses due to COVID and Val's mom (88) fell and was in a rehab hospital and recently moved to a *rest home* ... etc ...

New neighbourhood is a *private community* with a board of directors.  There have been ongoing garbage issues long before we got here.  The other day the President of the Board dumped a pile of garbage at our front door that he cleaned up from the street where we have to take it (until recently the city did not provide cub side pickup).  One piece of paper had my name on it, but the pile of garbage was not ours.  People are just nasty as *****.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We've been living under an air quality warning for week now because of American wildfires.

What should have been a gorgeous outdoor September week has been hidden behind an oppressive, throat-scratchy haze.

Not sure that wildfires understand national boundaries.  From what I see, you've got a few around Kamloops , too.  Stay safe.

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We've been living under an air quality warning for week now because of American wildfires.

What should have been a gorgeous outdoor September week has been hidden behind an oppressive, throat-scratchy haze.

The smoke, not really thick, but very noticable, has reached us here in Halifax.  It's making it bad enough to do anything outside without becoming short of breath.  Maybe it has something to do with my out of shapeness too, although I am not that badly out of shape.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Not sure that wildfires understand national boundaries.  From what I see, you've got a few around Kamloops , too.  Stay safe.

LOL. Wasn't blaming you, or your countrymen.

Just trying to point out how far away these fires are. In 2017 and 2018, fires from our interior were creating similar problems in Washington state.

Three times in the past four years where the smoke has choked out the sun here. I don't remember anything like this here any time previously in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. Wasn't blaming you, or your countrymen.

Just trying to point out how far away these fires are. In 2017 and 2018, fires from our interior were creating similar problems in Washington state.

Three times in the past four years where the smoke has choked out the sun here. I don't remember anything like this here any time previously in my lifetime.

I'm too sensitive about anti-American rhetoric on the Internet these days, it seems.  Again, stay safe!

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The smoke, not really thick, but very noticable, has reached us here in Halifax.  It's making it bad enough to do anything outside without becoming short of breath.  Maybe it has something to do with my out of shapeness too, although I am not that badly out of shape.

From California?  That doesn't sound right.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

It's reached Buffalo, too.  The sunrises and sunsets have been incredible.  It's probably traveled to NYC, too, but may not be noticeable there.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's reached Buffalo, too.  The sunrises and sunsets have been incredible.  It's probably traveled to NYC, too, but may not be noticeable there.

Been following this quite closely. If you are clicking on this right now it shows smoke extending right to the east coast.

http://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah the haze on the ride home last night was impressive.  It’s incredible how much smoke is being generated 

• Thanks (+1) 1

What happened was a strong east wind pushed a ton of smoke out over the Pacific a week or two ago, where it sat and built before slowly releasing to the north and east.

The weather has been pretty stagnant, so it's been diffusing slowly in your direction, but mostly sitting here. The above model showed a huge blob over the ocean a few days ago that has mostly passed now, but it's been damn slow.

Edited by dudacek

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Interesting.  I stand corrected.

I hope the finger sandwiches and mimosas were good at that gender reveal party.

I am an old(er) gentleman and I never new what this gender reveal party nonsense was all about.  It seems just dumb and now they have helped set the world on fire.  Not to mention that jackass that was arrested numerous times for tossing Molatov Cocktails into dry bush in Oregon, or someplace.