Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Haven't been to these places in the last 4 months (at least):

Hair  cutter

Dentist

Optician

I'm a mess!

Finally got the haircut about 2 weeks ago.  Lopped off 4 inches and now am back to where the flow would normally be ready for a trim. 

I dropped my phone in the water about a week ago and it's lost about 50% of its functionality.  Then, I found a great deal online (at best buy) for a new phone, but in order to get a $62 trade-in for my old phone, I had to take my old phone to a best buy store.  I was too busy on Monday to take it in -- and then on Tuesday, best buy increased the price of the new phone by $240.  So I'm reconsidering my options.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I dropped my phone in the water about a week ago and it's lost about 50% of its functionality.  Then, I found a great deal online (at best buy) for a new phone, but in order to get a $62 trade-in for my old phone, I had to take my old phone to a best buy store.  I was too busy on Monday to take it in -- and then on Tuesday, best buy increased the price of the new phone by $240.  So I'm reconsidering my options.

My wife is an evil genius when it comes to these situations.  She'd go there, ask them to honor the sale and if the sales rep isn't budging she'd ask to speak to a manager.  Not my shtick but it might be yours.  I think she's had a two year old expired coupon honored at an oil change joint recently.

Edited by Indabuff

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Finally got the haircut about 2 weeks ago.  Lopped off 4 inches and now am back to where the flow would normally be ready for a trim. 

I'm trying to get my wife to let me go for the full Jesus look.  Hey, it's still a mid life crisis but doesn't cost anything near a Corvette.

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

Haven't been to these places in the last 4 months (at least):

Hair  cutter

Dentist

Optician

I'm a mess!

I'm fortunate living in a rural area I've been able to finally do all three. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

I'm trying to get my wife to let me go for the full Jesus look.  Hey, it's still a mid life crisis but doesn't cost anything near a Corvette.

Cool.  Been keeping the beard trimmed so more like '80's rocker than the Man himself over here.

MLB opening night. Marquee matchup in DC. 2 preseason Cy Young favorites on the mound....

...Angel ***** Hernandez behind the plate.

How the hell do you have the worst umpire in baseball as the crew chief in this series?

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

MLB opening night. Marquee matchup in DC. 2 preseason Cy Young favorites on the mound....

...Angel ***** Hernandez behind the plate.

How the hell do you have the worst umpire in baseball as the crew chief in this series?

Saw a few questioned calls.

33 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Watching the game replay and he did the same thing to the Yankees on the other side of the plate. Amazing how the guy is still in the league.

You mean this one?

Terrible.

14 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Spotted lanternflies suck and need to be eradicated from this Earth. I have been catching them for months as nymphs, now they are full grown.

This picture is what I caught yesterday. I have another load that big right now on that tree.

IMG_20200730_084457.jpg

what is luring them to the tape?

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The maple tree the tape is around.

Let me clarify. They are "flies" but they really hop and glide. They physically climb the plants they eat mostly so you can catch them doing stuff like this.

The extra sticky duct tape isn't the best solution but it's cheap, easy to change, and not so sticky that I catch birds and squirrels.

The bugs really like Tree of Life (another invasive species) but they also like Maple trees and Willow trees. Guess what I have. 3 maples and a willow. They really like that particular tree because it is closest to the woods. They jump out of those trees and glide over to that one. They fall out and climb back up. Then they get the tape. I sprayed the willow today because it is still small. The tape trick doesn't work for that tree because the branches are low enough to the ground that they hop up directly. I used Sevin which works but has no residual effect. I need to get something else that is longer lasting I just haven't gotten to the store yet.

They are devastating to grape vines. They kill the whole vine.

I have a multi tiered defense. The trees also got a dose of systemic insecticide in the spring so if the bugs evade the tape and bite the tree they die anyway. Every one I kill is a hundred that don't hatch next year. I've killed several thousand since April. The ones in April hatched from my trees, I think I did a good job or eradicating most of them. The ones I'm getting now are coming from elsewhere because they have wings now and can travel farther. I wish my neighbors would try a little harder but I feel like I'm the only one doing anything.

Unfortunately they're not as picky with a host as some other invasive species are.  Mind if I ask where about do you live?  Possibly PA?  Is USDA aware of how bad the situation is in your neck of the woods?

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My damn achilles is killing me, I spent time in the sauna, foam rolled it, ice, elevate, etc... I only did a 3 mile run today and that was enough to make it come back with the a vengeance 

Time to shut it down. You need time or you're gonna pop it. Don't ***** around with the achilles. Better to take two weeks off and lose a small amount of your progress than to lose a full year after that thing rolls up your calf muscle like a window shade, AND not be able to do your race that you've been killing yourself for.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Been a super stressful year.  Jan 2 announcement that work was closing its doors.  A job search that ended when COVID hit.  Reluctantly agreeing to move to a part of the country that was COVID ground zero.  Dad with a health scare.  Closing the place you loved to work while work got busier and busier due to co-workers jumping ship, and then a last minute recruitment and job offer.

I put my notice in at work and scheduled a much needed lake vacation for Saturday - Wednesday.  And the forecast is rain the whole way..........................

I hate 2020.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Been a super stressful year.  Jan 2 announcement that work was closing its doors.  A job search that ended when COVID hit.  Reluctantly agreeing to move to a part of the country that was COVID ground zero.  Dad with a health scare.  Closing the place you loved to work while work got busier and busier due to co-workers jumping ship, and then a last minute recruitment and job offer.

I put my notice in at work and scheduled a much needed lake vacation for Saturday - Wednesday.  And the forecast is rain the whole way..........................

I hate 2020.

Fish are more aggressive at the surface in the rain! 

I'm a glass half full kinda guy!

26 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Freakin eyesight when getting older. I know there are bifocals and bifocals but when are the pentafocals coming?

I have the progressive trifocals, and they always suck when getting a new pair.  If the glasses aren't sitting correctly on your face based on the measurements they took, it will take multiple visits back to the eye doctor to either have the frames adjusted or the lenses re-done.