Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The rotator repair has been a bitch. The surgeon showed me pics at my last visit. A 1/4” hole straight through the tendon. I’m getting along just fine but my gym time has ceased since January when I had the accident. It shows. I feel like ***** losing all that muscle mass. Muscles remember so I will get it back but it’s tough to look in a mirror. If it was due to my own lack of drive I could look but to have the giddy up and not the health to do it eats at me.

9 hours ago, ubkev said:

I almost walked out of the shop today with a $2k GT Grade Carbon Elite gravel bike. Hydraulic 10" brakes, 2x10 gear set. So light I couldn't believe it. Just a friggin sweet ride.

I've kinda told myself that if I keep this up for a year or so I'll spoil myself on something. I've had a few bicycle starts that didn't take; I'm a few weeks into it. Nice thing is I picked up a Burley Piccolo on CL for RosePie and she seems to dig riding. We did 4 miles today on mildly hilly roads. When I do ride alone, not pulling 60lbs of kid and bike around is a revelation, LOL.

Piccolo-Main.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Bump.

My complaint:  I was back in NYC for a couple of days this week for the first time in nearly 3 months.  NYC is flawed, like everything else, but I love it.  And it felt like it's taken some body blows.

FU, Wuhan flu.

People who cut truckers off at the very last second just so they can catch their exit.

Newsflash, people! We can’t stop on a dime. Help you if you cause a wreck and a trucker has a dash cam. You’ll lose in court.

58 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

People who cut truckers off at the very last second just so they can catch their exit.

Newsflash, people! We can’t stop on a dime. Help you if you cause a wreck and a trucker has a dash cam. You’ll lose in court.

I’ve seen a few videos of A-holes who  cut off truckers or get into road rage instances with truckers and slam on their breaks ... they always lose. ? 

I don’t want to see anyone lose their life, but I love it when I see their little vehicles get crushed a little due to their ignorance or road rage ? 

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’ve seen a few videos of A-holes who  cut off truckers or get into road rage instances with truckers and slam on their breaks ... they always lose. ? 

I don’t want to see anyone lose their life, but I love it when I see their little vehicles get crushed a little due to their ignorance or road rage ? 

Yeah, but I don’t need to come across any ambulance chasers. You know, the ones with the billboards?

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Bump.

My complaint:  I was back in NYC for a couple of days this week for the first time in nearly 3 months.  NYC is flawed, like everything else, but I love it.  And it felt like it's taken some body blows.

FU, Wuhan flu.

It's not Thursday anymore, but I'm still going to complain about anyone calling COVID-19 a flu. Stop that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WildCard said:

Company suspended annual raises and 401k match for a year

We just suspended 401k match. Raise time is in October. They'll wait til the very last minute to tell us they're gonna ***** us out of those.

I'm back to work everybody! Today was my first day back since mid March. I walked in and saw the exact same guests in the exact same places. And while I was away someone ***** my inventory up damn good! Holy balls! Just call me to come in! Don't touch my ***** system! It took me an hour and a half to get it fixed and just when I thought I could relax, we're getting another shipment today, so someone else's paws are gonna be digging around in my inventory room! 

Same as it ever was.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I lost my mother three years ago today to cancer. She was 69 and died nine months to the day after my father died. They were good people. Full of love and honesty. 

She didn’t fear it one bit either.

B2B91024-C49A-440F-81CE-0A75FCCDB7AE.jpeg

• Sad 2

I’m okay dealing with all the Covid related restrictions because it’s summer, and even just sitting in the backyard with an adult beverage is great.

BUT...if this thing comes roaring back with a vengeance in late fall/early winter when the weather in WNY turns to crap, and we are all stuck in the house for the most part for weeks on end, IT WILL REALLY SUCK. ?

Edited by LabattBlue

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m okay dealing with all the Covid related restrictions because it’s summer, and even just sitting in the backyard with an adult beverage is great.

BUT...if this thing comes roaring back with a vengeance in late fall/early winter when the weather in WNY turns to crap, and we are all stuck in the house for the most part for weeks on end, IT WILL REALLY SUCK. ?

I've been thinking about this more than I should.  Part of my routine is a quiet place to chat with the locals on Friday night, and there is usually a brewery involved on most weekends for maybe just an hour or two.  It's my social outlet.  Right now I'm good with what we have.  I can sit at a patio table and have a beer.  Chat with a server.  Winter is going to really be dreary if I can't feel safe for a couple of hours on a barstool.

• Like (+1) 1