Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

33 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

And we just called Hospice for my brother in law. F this week

I'm so sorry for you and for your sister.  I have some resources for her when she's ready.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The school district I work for just cut all sports, after school activities, elementary music and 67 teachers.

Cut teachers as in permanently?  Hopefully it's just temporary until school resumes.  Regardless, that sucks.

Edited by Indabuff

38 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Damn now that sounds awesome. 

Yeah, my buddy has been going forever and they had an extra ticket this year so I took it. Rent an RV, drive down Thursday, party and watch racing all weekend, drive home Monday.

They postponed it to the end of August but man, I was looking forward to this. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Yeah, my buddy has been going forever and they had an extra ticket this year so I took it. Rent an RV, drive down Thursday, party and watch racing all weekend, drive home Monday.

They postponed it to the end of August but man, I was looking forward to this. 

That sounds like a ***** blast lol I gotta get some buddies together and try that. At least you'll still get to go (hopefully)

Not a complaint but on a related note just booked a cabin for a first annual fantasy draft with all of my buddies. Gonna set up the room like a legit draft room, with podiums and absurd helmets on each teams table with a commish announcing picks and everything. Can't wait 

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It looks like a number of people are interested in something along these lines:  https://driving.ca/audi/auto-news/news/people-keep-breaking-new-illegal-cannonball-run-records-during-lockdown

If I were more daring, I'm sure the good motorcycle roads are a treat right now. I remember friends telling me about the Blue Ridge Parkway during a government shutdown. It was open (like, the gates weren't closed), but at the first parking area they saw a ton of ranger vehicles parked. That road is OK at 45, great at 55-60, and would be spectacular when empty and at higher speeds. Complaint: I missed that trip.

I'm not riding now. Even a minor mishap would result in a trip to the hospital, and they have enough on their hands. I have been bicycling a bunch, which has it's own risks but short of getting hit by the minimal number of cars probably won't land me in a hospital. Complaint: I'd love a better road/gravel bike. My 20-year-old Trek MTB is fine and all but is a lot of work to pedal around.

19 minutes ago, MattPie said:

If I were more daring, I'm sure the good motorcycle roads are a treat right now. I remember friends telling me about the Blue Ridge Parkway during a government shutdown. It was open (like, the gates weren't closed), but at the first parking area they saw a ton of ranger vehicles parked. That road is OK at 45, great at 55-60, and would be spectacular when empty and at higher speeds. Complaint: I missed that trip.

I'm not riding now. Even a minor mishap would result in a trip to the hospital, and they have enough on their hands. I have been bicycling a bunch, which has it's own risks but short of getting hit by the minimal number of cars probably won't land me in a hospital. Complaint: I'd love a better road/gravel bike. My 20-year-old Trek MTB is fine and all but is a lot of work to pedal around.

I almost walked out of the shop today with a $2k GT Grade Carbon Elite gravel bike. Hydraulic 10" brakes, 2x10 gear set. So light I couldn't believe it. Just a friggin sweet ride.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It looks like a number of people are interested in something along these lines:  https://driving.ca/audi/auto-news/news/people-keep-breaking-new-illegal-cannonball-run-records-during-lockdown

That's a bit more than a 500.

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

With stuff starting to open in various places, people have probably missed the boat at this point.The roads will still be lighter, but the peak time was probably about a month ago at this point.