Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My complaint is finding it so difficult to deal with this shutdown.  Been working from home for slightly longer than this board has been around, so for the most part am used to "self-quarantining."  But when "writer's block" (for lack of a better term) sets in, have always been able to go to a study room at the library for a change of scenery or hit the mall or grocery store and be able to get back into the swing.  But my efficiency has been poor these past couple of weeks, and am really not sure how to improve it back to where it needs to / should be.

Had also pretty much given up this place for Lent, like most years, but ended up not sticking to the other things I'd given up either so you lucky (:rolleyes:) peeps get me back early.

I know my complaints are so much more trivial than most here are; sorry for / thanks for letting me vent.

Stay safe and well all.  

Just now, JujuFish said:

Looks like my state (NH) is getting a stay at home order tomorrow that'll last 5 weeks.  I don't work in an essential business, nor can I work from home, so I guess unemployment here I come?

On the plus side, when the bill that passed the Senate passes the House, you'll get an extra $600 in your weekly unemployment check through July or until you find work, whichever comes 1st.  (Hopefully, the latter.) 

It's also possible that your employer might qualify for loans (which seem to be forgivable, i.e. effectively Grant's, though not positive how the "forgiveness" provisions work) for keeping at least 90% of the employees on payroll.

Good luck with it.

I'm sick of the facade some people put on in the stores.  Laughing and shaking their heads in "disbelief" when they get to an aisle with everything sold out as if they're casually shopping and everyone else is batshit crazy (they are) and they're not.  The 58 rolls of toilet paper, 35 pounds of chicken nuggets and five boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells in your grocery cart tells quite a different story.  

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

I need to shop at this grocery store.  Do they sell booze too?

It's called Walmart and surprisingly nobody is walking out of there with three thirty packs except me.  They can thoroughly wipe their collective ***** while I drink my face off.

Started working from home this week, and probably will for at least the next three weeks. We’ve had morning Zoom meetings every day so far. Managers say they’re checking how we are but it’s really to make sure we get out of bed and work. I had less hassle and interaction when I went to work.

52 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sat down on the couch with my afternoon cup of coffee, dozed off with it resting on my stomach, startled myself awake, and spilled it all over myself. So I guess it's laundry day now.

What a terrible waste of good coffee.  You should be rashioning all the best commodities and not spilling them all over yourself.

Oh, yeah, hope you didn't burn yourself.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What a terrible waste of good coffee.  You should be rashioning all the best commodities and not spilling them all over yourself.

Oh, yeah, hope you didn't burn yourself.

Fortunately I was wearing a heavy (but very very very shabby) old flannel shirtjacket thing, so that kept me from getting burned.

And it was cheap coffee, so no major loss ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Sat down on the couch with my afternoon cup of coffee, dozed off with it resting on my stomach, startled myself awake, and spilled it all over myself. So I guess it's laundry day now.

Come on now. What really happened?

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

And it was cheap coffee, so no major loss ?

Hopefully it wasn't from Pilot Flying J. Theirs is actually pretty good, compared to the overpriced swill over at Starbucks.

My orthopedic surgeon showed me the pics from inside my shoulder. Yikes! He really made me feel badly that a guy my age could have so much damage.The rotator tendon was torn all the way through, the bicep tendon and another tendon in there(can’t remember what he said) were frayed and frazzled like an old rope that’s been out to sea for two decades. My days as a regular weight lifter are most likely over. My career may be over as well too. Those pics really changed my expectations. 

• Sad 1

So, my office is closing down.  In January we were told it was closing in September.  I was offered a relocation package, but I didn't really wanna go.  Accepted the offer figuring it would be a safety net, but I'd find work before then.

Well, this virus ***** sure turned that idea upside down.  Job market is non existent now so it looks like I'm committed to moving out of state.

And on Monday of last week they announced due to market conditions they are moving up the closure to July.

How the F am I supposed to buy and sell a home by July with a freaking pandemic lock down?

And my new location..... it's a current hotspot for COVID-19.

FML

59 minutes ago, Weave said:

So, my office is closing down.  In January we were told it was closing in September.  I was offered a relocation package, but I didn't really wanna go.  Accepted the offer figuring it would be a safety net, but I'd find work before then.

Well, this virus ***** sure turned that idea upside down.  Job market is non existent now so it looks like I'm committed to moving out of state.

And on Monday of last week they announced due to market conditions they are moving up the closure to July.

How the F am I supposed to buy and sell a home by July with a freaking pandemic lock down?

And my new location..... it's a current hotspot for COVID-19.

FML

Well that sucks! Sorry man. What state is the new location in if you don't mind me asking.