Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The MRI results confirm what I suspected. Rotator cuff tear in the left shoulder. I’m scheduled for surgery Mar 4 with a suspected 5 month recovery. I’m bummed out. I had just gone back to work after two months down recovering from an extremely painful fistulotomy. I’ll have been down close to ten months by the time I’m recovered from this. That means five months lost in the gym too. This really ***** sucks! Too many injuries in my career. Too much pain. I have to seriously reevaluate my goals. 

Time to make every day Leg Day!

Seriously, that sucks. My shoulder is junk. Makes it impossible to do dips without having ridiculous swelling and pain for days afterwards. And I refuse to do assisted dips, so now I find alternative means for working my triceps. I'm just going to deal with it for the rest of my life, because I'm not paying for an MRI and I'm certainly not paying for a surgery.

48 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

I am sorry in advance that this may get political.

I was removed from a Christian group on Facebook with no explanation why. I was not told if I violated any rules. Nothing.

What I think happened was that there was an OP about President Trump giving more leeway for prayer in public places. My response to what someone else said was that I do not trust him. I said that he is a master manipulator, and he's been doing this for decades.

What gets me is that when I asked the admin why I was removed, he refused to answer me. On the other hand, I come over here, get on people's nerves in the past, GET WARNED ABOUT IT, and eventually get a suspension WITH WRITTEN CAUSE. So, as far as I'm concerned, the admins and mods on TAC are more than worth their salt.

Lesson learned: avoid mentioning the president as much as possible, even in assumedly "friendly" territory.

Admin and mods: if you believe that this post is going to stir up unnecessary and heated arguments, feel free to either edit or remove. I am not here to cause trouble. I want to talk hockey like everyone else, and also sit back and learn.

CC -- I appreciate the kind words.

In your absence, after a fair amount of board psychodrama, we settled on a compromise for political talk.  The arrangement is that all political talk goes in the "Oval Office" club. 

Your post above is not a big deal, especially since the new arrangement came into existence while you were gone.  Going forward, on the main board here, it would probably be better to describe a situation like the one above with something like "I was removed from a group on FB for disagreeing with someone on a political point, and the admin refused to answer me."

You should certainly feel free to engage in political talk in the Oval Office club.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

CC -- I appreciate the kind words.

In your absence, after a fair amount of board psychodrama, we settled on a compromise for political talk.  The arrangement is that all political talk goes in the "Oval Office" club. 

Your post above is not a big deal, especially since the new arrangement came into existence while you were gone.  Going forward, on the main board here, it would probably be better to describe a situation like the one above with something like "I was removed from a group on FB for disagreeing with someone on a political point, and the admin refused to answer me."

You should certainly feel free to engage in political talk in the Oval Office club.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks for the feedback. As for the Oval Office Club, I don't plan on going there. I had a hand with the psychodrama in the past, and I would prefer not to get involved in that again.

• Like (+1) 1

I recently found out that when the Celtics score ten 3-pointers at home, I can get a free Chick-fil-a sandwich.  Does this mean I need to become a fan of a Boston team? Harumph!

(Okay, bit of a shallow "complaint" there but I figured I need to come here more about less serious things since I'm usually posting about death.)

4 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I recently found out that when the Celtics score ten 3-pointers at home, I can get a free Chick-fil-a sandwich.  Does this mean I need to become a fan of a Boston team? Harumph!

(Okay, bit of a shallow "complaint" there but I figured I need to come here more about less serious things since I'm usually posting about death.)

Scoring ten doesn’t stop the road team from getting 11.?

Traffic has been ridiculous pretty much every day so far this year.  I don't know if people have just turned all out idiot, but there's a bad accident at least 3 out of the 5 work days each week.  This morning my ride to work took an hour longer than normal.

People who back their cars into parking lot spaces, thinking that it saves them time.  It doesn't.  It takes you three times as long to back your car in as it would for you to pull out normally.  Meanwhile, you're holding everyone else up.  If you have that much trouble pulling your Nissan Sentra out of a parking space, reconsider whether you should be driving.  

• Like (+1) 1

My nine year old nephew needed to borrow an “old man” hat for a skit he and his friends were doing for the talent show....Uncle Ogre was the first guy that came to mind. Even before two grandpas! ?

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

People who back their cars into parking lot spaces, thinking that it saves them time.  It doesn't.  It takes you three times as long to back your car in as it would for you to pull out normally.  Meanwhile, you're holding everyone else up.  If you have that much trouble pulling your Nissan Sentra out of a parking space, reconsider whether you should be driving.  

It's even better when they back into the slanted parking spots.  The angles involved in doing that, it's a complete s-show.

And a follow-up on my traffic complaint.  Yesterday on the way home, a car in the left lane decided to quickly come to a full stop because they missed their exit.  A full stop in the left lane of a road with a 75 MPH speed limit.  I'd label that one as suicide if it had gone bad.

I was just at a Dollar Tree.  They had one register open, and I had one greeting card.  Person in front of me had 50+ items, and had not yet begun checkout.  You think she would say..."would you like to go ahead of me?".  Nope.  White trash at its finest.  Some people just have no common sense, or an ounce of goodwill in them.  ?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I was just at a Dollar Tree.  They had one register open, and I had one greeting card.  Person in front of me had 50+ items, and had not yet begun checkout.  You think she would say..."would you like to go ahead of me?".  Nope.  White trash at its finest.  Some people just have no common sense, or an ounce of goodwill in them.  ?

I have so many questions... first of which is WhoTF is buying 50 items at the dollar tree?!? I think our max is maybe 4 items around Christmas time when you need wrapping paper/labels/etc.

Also, you should have white trash retaliated with a parking lot shank. ? 

Duane-itis permeating thru Sabre fandom, I personally find the guy a whiny @ss biotch but whatever. He IMO is what's wrong with social media and the media in general, he and his kind should just take some anti-depressants and get over it. 

This team. They always seem to find ways to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What an embarrassment to the city of Buffalo, NY and its expat fanbase.

EDIT: Sorry. I did not know that sna*** was considered to be profanity on here. That was definitely not my intent.

Edited by Crosschecking
clean up language

On 2/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, WildCard said:

Couple of job interviews. In my field you have to take basically a mid term each time you interview. Feels like I'm back on college all over again, just without the fun parts

These...these did not go well