Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Is today the anniversary of something bad that happened for you? Cuz even for this thread, you seem to be down some spiral you should probably be trying to avoid.

Close to the date. It’s therapy. That kid playing games near the work zone today really brought up some tough stuff. Twenty seven years of it. I thought I had made my peace with the most of by giving my students the most intricate and sincere lectures I am capable of but obviously the trigger is still there. I just hope that everyone involved netted a positive gain from what happened today.

Just one more that’s not so gloomy. Actually kinda funny. 
 I’m very young working with this old dude that HATED me. We go up in between two columns that are close together to put in a diagonal brace. The booms on those things are springy so we move it around while wrestling the piece in but now it’s all jammed up in there. With mission accomplished the old dude grabs the guardrail on thing(where you should NEVER put your hands)and says “Git me out of here kid”. Because we're jammed up the only move I can make is to retract the boom. When I do the basket springs and smushes his fingers up between the column. He’s screaming “my fingers! My fingers!” I panic and swing the basket the wrong way and smush them even more! He was ok(he had sledgehammer hands too?) but thought I did it on purpose and didn’t talk to me for a week.

Edited by Ogre
Almost forgot about hammer hands

• 3 weeks later...

I took a train to Glasgow today, went to this awesome local burger place called "Bread Meats Bread" 

However, my complaint.... I hate politics, I hate it all, but the scotts sitting next to me heard my American accent and wanted to talk about politics and Trump with me. 

They know more about my political situation than I do, hard pass..... So my complaint is about politics, and that every country I go to, someone wants to talk about them with me. Let's talk about something good please 

• Like (+1) 1

Last Thursday I walked out of work to find I had a flat tire. Balls! Oh well, ***** happens. Changed said flat, in a suit, looking very manly. Anyways, cost me $125 for a new tire after I drove it to the garage. Damn.

• SDS locked this topic
  • nfreeman unlocked this topic

Bump!

Kind of a sad complaint:  my wife's favorite aunt, who is in her 80s, has had an awful couple of years:  her husband died, she broke her hip and can't walk much anymore, she has dementia and is losing mental capacity (but not so much that she doesn't understand that she's losing it, which must be very hard to live with) -- and last night, her house was destroyed by fire, and during the fire, her home health aide suffered a heart attack and is in the ICU.

She's a nice woman who, perhaps partially because she didn't have kids of her own, was very kind to my wife when my wife was younger -- took her on trips, helped pay for her college, etc.  She doesn't deserve this.

• Sad 3

It still hits close to home whenever I think about the careless words I've said the past - whether it be here or anywhere else.

I know that some of you are not religious. I get that. But I have to share this.

There are those times where I've read or listened to Scripture numerous times, only to get hit in the face and my sin exposed. I drew a connection to where the Apostle Paul wrote about bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and where James wrote that no man can tame the tongue. The long of it and the short of it is that it hit me like a ton of bricks.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I took a train to Glasgow today, went to this awesome local burger place called "Bread Meats Bread" 

However, my complaint.... I hate politics, I hate it all, but the scotts sitting next to me heard my American accent and wanted to talk about politics and Trump with me. 

They know more about my political situation than I do, hard pass..... So my complaint is about politics, and that every country I go to, someone wants to talk about them with me. Let's talk about something good please 

I do what I can to avoid it as well. In retrospect, I realize that I got myself into needless heated arguments where I wound up getting in way over my head.

Oh, and to add to that, I LOATHE political memes!

I slipped on my front steps last night and caught myself backwards on my elbows and my left shoulder got jammed up pretty badly. Had a very hard time putting clothes on this morning. I’m really starting to think it’s *****.

11 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

or going to a 3 hour meeting in which you know that only about 7 minutes will be useful for you

I'm working an overseas telecom project, and the customer won't let us leave anything connected overnight (for them), so I have to wait until the folks get on-site, start up a laptop that I can remotely connect to and then quit when they leave. With the time difference, that's been roughly 4AM EST.

People who fill up their car, leave it at the pump, and then go into the gas station to buy god knows what.  Even if you're just getting a fountain drink, move your damn car over to the parking spots.  Most of the time though, it winds up being some fool who is ordering something from the Subway attached to the station.