Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

You know who sucks. People that drive 15 mph below the posted speed limit. If you don't want to drive 70 mph on the highway, good for you. If you think it's ok to drive 20 mph in a 35 mph, you shouldn't be driving.

I have a job to do. The more deliveries I take, the more money I make. People holding me up because they feel "safer" at 20 mph are directly taking food off my table. Drive near the damn speed limit.

Workman's Comp is a f-ing joke. Why certain people like to "fake" injuries and take advantage of it is beyond me. I would love to be able to be back at work right now. Nothing but a pain in the arse to me......I hate it!!!! :death:

I had major shoulder surgery and now have six wires holding my labrum together. The jackholes at Liberty Mutual seem to think they are all surgeons and suspended my payments until I saw their quack doctor. He looks at the MRI and says "wow, you really tore that good, huh". It's a six month recovery period, not four like they seem to think. :doh:

So now I sit here with bills piling up waiting for my checks to start again. WTF!!!

I'm tired of dealing with jackass part-timers at work who do nothing but be miserable all the time and try to pull people down to their level of misery. If you hate it here so much, just frigging quit, stay home and be miserable there.

You know who sucks. People that drive 15 mph below the posted speed limit. If you don't want to drive 70 mph on the highway, good for you. If you think it's ok to drive 20 mph in a 35 mph, you shouldn't be driving.

I have a job to do. The more deliveries I take, the more money I make. People holding me up because they feel "safer" at 20 mph are directly taking food off my table. Drive near the damn speed limit.

You mention your job a lot on Thursdays? Do you hate it? You don't have to answer. I was just curious.

My complaint is about the administrators at the school I teach at. They're always in support of the parents and students, but they rarely support or defend the teachers. Due to no child left behind, teachers are becoming puppets for the education system. We're losing the ability to elaborate on certain topics and get the students interested in the material we are discussing. State testing is hurting our education system, not fixing it. I am losing my interest in teaching fast.

You mention your job a lot on Thursdays? Do you hate it? You don't have to answer. I was just curious.

My complaint is about the administrators at the school I teach at. They're always in support of the parents and students, but they rarely support or defend the teachers. Due to no child left behind, teachers are becoming puppets for the education system. We're losing the ability to elaborate on certain topics and get the students interested in the material we are discussing. State testing is hurting our education system, not fixing it. I am losing my interest in teaching fast.

thanes, I always tell this story about being in elementary school in the 40s. OK, 70s. I have a reputation to uphold.

In fourth grade, we were studying skeletal systems. So for lunch one day we didn't go the cafeteria. The teacher bought us lunch and we ate in the room. Fried chicken from this popular local place. Hot rolls. Cole slaw. Fries. The whole nine yards. As we finished our pieces of chicken, we were told to study the bones, work with our neighbors to reassemble the chicken. We had no idea we were learning! It would never happen today. I'm sure some kid would be a vegan and another would be allergic to grease or something.

I'm tired of dealing with jackass part-timers at work who do nothing but be miserable all the time and try to pull people down to their level of misery. If you hate it here so much, just frigging quit, stay home and be miserable there.

Good thing you're not miserable.

They're probably illegal immigrants that don't want to get pulled over for speeding so they get deported. We only see that about every mile on every road around these parts. aaaaaggggggggghhhhh!!!!!

FU Illegals!

thanes, I always tell this story about being in elementary school in the 40s. OK, 70s. I have a reputation to uphold.

In fourth grade, we were studying skeletal systems. So for lunch one day we didn't go the cafeteria. The teacher bought us lunch and we ate in the room. Fried chicken from this popular local place. Hot rolls. Cole slaw. Fries. The whole nine yards. As we finished our pieces of chicken, we were told to study the bones, work with our neighbors to reassemble the chicken. We had no idea we were learning! It would never happen today. I'm sure some kid would be a vegan and another would be allergic to grease or something.

Or it wouldn't be Halal meat.....grrrrrrrrrr

Hell yeah, take that a step further and add the full time miserables that always want to drag you down to their level, some people are just not happy unless they have something to bitch about. Kinda like me on compliant Thursdays :bag:

Hell yeah, take that a step further and add the full time miserables that always want to drag you down to their level, some people are just not happy unless they have something to bitch about. Kinda like me on compliant Thursdays :bag:

Yeah, I hear ya. Most of our staff is technically considered part-time, but some of us are there 6-7 days a week and hover right around the 38-39 hour mark. But there are a couple people who only work one or two days a week for 4-5 hours a shift and are completely miserable the entire time - everything is a hassle, every policy is stupid and everyone is out to get them. Since it's part-time work, is it really worth the $40 a week you'll make for that time, considering how apparently awful the job and everyone who works there is?

Technically, I have 2 jobs. I don't think I've ever mentioned my primary source of income. I usually just bitch about my pizza delivery job. I actually enjoy both jobs. :thumbsup:

Misery loves company, no matter how much you try to tune them out. (This is especially true with one of the most prolific posters here on SS.)

People like that wouldn't make it through their first week of employment if they had to work for Richard Marcinko.

State testing is hurting our education system

I concur. When my Step-son was in fifth grade, I noticed that his curriculum had drastically changed. It seemed like they skipped ahead 3 grades. It turned out that in the middle of the year, the students had to prepare for state exams and then return to their original curriculum.

I'm sure you'll appreciate this one wolfy (maybe I should suggest that one in the nickname thread). I flipped over to the end of the Bruins-Blackhawks game last night out of pure curiousity. Thomas made some ridiculously routine save and one of the weakest shots you'll ever see. I'm pretty sure your kid could've made the save without pads. Anyway, Jack Edwards' call of that save? "WHAT AN INCREDIBLE KICK SAVE BY TIM THOMAS!" It was the most over the top screaming I think I've ever heard from him and that says a lot.

Based on the way he called this "save", you would've thought that Thomas made the save blindfolded, preserving a shut out in game 7 of the stanley cup finals against some sort of combination of the Oiler, Islander, and Canadien dynasties, all while time traveling back to kick Hitler's parents in the nuts on the night of his conception. "Gretzky to Bossy, back to Gretzky, passes it in front to Richard.... OH MY WHAT A SAVE BY TIM THOMAS! Take that Adolph Hitler! What an incredible goalie this kid is, don't you think Brick? He has totally overshadowed Dryden tonight."

Hedge fund managers that will not conform to regulations. Government better step up on this one.

It's very easy to be cynical of government regardless of which party is in power. Most of them wind up doing the very same things they preach against. (although reining in George Soros might not be such a bad idea after all).