Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Man, this stuff hits home. I've said it before, my career kinda sucks. The time off for seeing the world and doing my "real medicine" in the 3rd world keep me going. 

Many on the outside just see someone who "makes a good living" and that sways perception which sucks. The admins have ruined the hospitals along with big pharma, hell the admins only have an MBA and don't actually know anything. 

My faith is our system is broken and gone and trying to do right by the patient almost seems like a martyr excursion rather than the norm. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My faith is our system is broken and gone and trying to do right by the patient almost seems like a martyr excursion rather than the norm. 

This is exactly how it is.

15 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Man, this stuff hits home. I've said it before, my career kinda sucks. The time off for seeing the world and doing my "real medicine" in the 3rd world keep me going. 

Many on the outside just see someone who "makes a good living" and that sways perception which sucks. The admins have ruined the hospitals along with big pharma, hell the admins only have an MBA and don't actually know anything. 

4 minutes ago, ... said:

This is exactly how it is.

And yet somehow, the Dems and Obama were demonized for attempting the first try at changing that.

Probably should go to a club for this.

Edited by SwampD

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yeah, I’m out of my depth on this topic, for sure.  I believe I’m sympathetic to physicians, maybe to a fault.  I see scientists who need to be artists and believe that inevitably comes with error.  I’m grateful they try.

On another note, I’m sympathetic to lawyers, too.  The same science/art construct applies.

Glad for Josie’s friend, in the situation’s totality.

We had a case today where someone was hospitalized as the result of a abnormal lab from a few weeks ago not being properly treated. The family asked my colleague about it and if it caused the patient’s hospitalization, they replied it’s a strong possibility. 

We make mistakes as everyone does in their professions, I believe most providers act with the patients best interests but as Woody mentioned the system is broken. 

And Neo, I have read your posts other the years. There are very few subjects that are out of your depth and this is not one of them 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

They weren't?

It was more of a taxpayer-funded subsidy for the private insurance industry.  Which, really... was never going to actually help.  I mean, other than help insurance companies.  

You’re right, this needs to go to the club.  

Starting day number 6 of 9 days in a row at work. This sucks. I haven't worked more than 5 days in a row in, like, forever. Has to be almost a decade. I'm taking at least 3 day weekends for a month to make up for this damn Greek tragedy!

I'm not getting overtime either.

• Sad 1

Just placed a patient on palliative care that I've been seeing in his home for a while, nice guy. Hospital missed a simple pneumonia and ended up causing meningitis, he now can't walk and is going downhill 

He collects gnomes and asked if I can get him one from Norway next week. 

Sad 

• Sad 3

If I have the decency (well, that, and it's that law) to stop my truck so that you can cross the street, can you have the decency to look up from your ***** phone and hurry the ***** up, even just a little, to show me that you aren't a complete ***** self absorbed douche?!

• Like (+1) 1