Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I almost died on the way to work this morning. Well, actually I can say for certain if I would have died, but I likely would have been dead or serious injured. I was driving on the interstate cruising at a comfortable 72 mph. Traffic was a little heavy but we were all moving at a good pace. My exit was coming up in about a mile and the truck in front of me was moving slow so I decide to merge over into the right lane, which was wide open. I just started my merge when a big ass deer carcass becomes visible. It is laying right on the dotted line between the lane I'm in and the lane I'm merging into (I could not previously see said deer carcass before I attempted the merge as there was the large truck in front of me).

I realize I have two options, plow into the deer carcass at 70+ mph, or attempt to quickly merge back into the lane I was coming out of. I chose option two. As I swerved back into my original lane, I overcompensated a bit and my car hopped and it literally felt like my right wheels came off the ground. The car, out of control at this point, and I shot through the original lane I was in and went halfway into the lane on my left. I jerked the car back to the right and thought for sure I was a goner, as it was totally out of control. When the right wheels made contact with the pavement again, they squealed and jerked the car to the right, hard, and I went halfway into the right lane. I pulled it back to the left at which point I was able to regain control of the vehicle. I honestly thought I was done.

http://www.portlandpirates.com/gamesummary.asp?Id=10

Those Mcdonald's patches on the Portland jerseys. Makes them all look like captains of the clown arch burger assembly line.

Not to mention the slug logo on the shoulder which also looks completely out of place on a jersey whose primary colors are red & black. <_<

I was walking to work this morning thinking "hey, I have no idea what I'm going to complain about today". Can you tell how much I enjoy this thread? Anyway, that question was answered. I was crossing the street in front of the building I work in, not a car in sight. All of a sudden I see a car coming at me at about 20mph in reverse, the wrong way down the one way street. I'm convinced the woman wasn't even looking where she was going because she was actually speeding up while I was dead center in her path. I'm sure she's one of those idiots that waits for a parking spot a half a mile back and then floors it the second a car leaves it's spot... but there weren't any damn spots anywhere in sight. She ended up missing me by less than a foot, all while never slowing down even well after she drove past me. So all I have to say is this:

women drivers :rolleyes: :wallbash:

(but I'm sure spndchz knows how to drive ;) )

Disclaimer...I have a 2001 Saturn that has seen better days, BUT...

I'm in a local plaza parking lot on Saturday listening to the radio prior to getting out of my car. A car pulls up alongside me(older man and women(60's), woman driving & man in the passenger seat). He opens the door and absolutely SLAMS it into my driver side door. When he sees me sitting there he starts laughing. I roll down my window and ask him "what the hell are you doing", he just starts to walk away and I yelled out "How about as soon as you get in the store, I slam my car door into yours a few times". At that point, they kept on walking probably thinking I'm ready to snap.

What a piece of #%^$#! this guy was and if this had happened with a newer car, you can be damn sure I would have been asking for his insurance card. What pissed me off even more, is wondering how many times this jerkoff does this and nobody is in the car next to him.

FU A**hole!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I feel your pain. No one has had the balls to do it with me sitting in the driver's seat, but as soon as we leave it appears to be open season on our vehicles. There are so many white dings and scratches on both on the back doors on my wife's black Honda CRV that it looks like we parked the car in front of Tiger Wood's tee at the driving range, and my Dodge Dakota has two good-size gouges from other doors. F :censored: ing azzholes.

So, like, do you keep a cinderblock and chain in your truck ... just in case? I mean, I am assuming you don't make a special trip to The Home Depot every time ...

Who doesn't keep a cinder block and chain for just such an occasion?

My first complaint: jackasses who abuse the "reply to all" option on email. A friend of mine from Orlando sent a mass email over the weekend announcing the birth of his first child. So I naturally emailed him back to congratulate him. Some of his other friends did as well, but they chose to share their warm wishes with EVERYONE who got the original email. :wallbash:

My first complaint: jackasses who abuse the "reply to all" option on email. A friend of mine from Orlando sent a mass email over the weekend announcing the birth of his first child. So I naturally emailed him back to congratulate him. Some of his other friends did as well, but they chose to share their warm wishes with EVERYONE who got the original email. :wallbash:

Is it considered abuse if they don't have a clue what the difference between the two buttons is? I just need to be sure if you're complaining about malice or stupidity.

Complaint of the week! :thumbsup:

I don't think people even know what they are doing half the time(on their computer) and if so, should have their computers taken away from them. :wallbash:

Is it considered abuse if they don't have a clue what the difference between the two buttons is? I just need to be sure if you're complaining about malice or stupidity.

I don't discriminate, they all suck. I am more tolerant of people who don't know, because if someone explains the difference, they might stop replying to all.

But just looking at the UI for Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, the default option is reply to sender and to get to "Reply to All" you have to click on a drop-down menu, so it leads me to believe that most people think that everyone needs to read their reply.