Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

43 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Our luck with dishwashers over the years.  Leaks ... replacements every 2 - 3 years on average.

Until we got the basic of basic models 10 years ago.  A few hickups along the way, but it's still ticking.  

Oh, crap ... now I've done it.

+++++

On my complaints ... where to begin?  Oh, well.  I won't bother everyone.

No bother. Let it fly!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have a dishwasher in my apartment. Despite this, I've done dishes by hand every single night I've been there since I moved in three Julys ago for some reason

I'm the same way. I use those scrubbing dish wands where you can squirt the dish soap into the handle and I just wash dishes like that 95% of the time. About the only time I use the dishwasher is when the gf invites people over for dinner and there's a bunch of extra dishes plus additional pots and pans that normally wouldn't be there if not for the increased volume of food cooked and eaten.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

No bother. Let it fly!

Thanks.

It is just that we are in one of those times when one is just very much overloaded with life in general.

Specifically, the stress of 2 homes for longer than we thought and hoped and dealing with the management of it all.  So much on the plates that we just don't know where best to focus and something has to give.  We hope in a good way.

The new semester is starting, regular meetings have resumed, work is busy with too much OT, harvest season is upon me and I haven’t even made an appointment with PT to deal with my arthritic neck yet. Too much, man. The work itself is grueling enough. The two late nights teaching each week are exhausting although  rewarding. The office work is mindless and time consuming. I dread the thought of it but I believe that the check to power of my office is vital to preventing corruption within our ranks. I don’t trust anyone else to take it with the same fervor as I do. Giant ***** pita though....Eight. More. Friggin. Years.

Hey, ho!!  I was all reved up and ready to go (?) on Monday.

I forgot all that junk.

Well, now it's Thursday and under the big heading of when it rains, it pours ... found a small leak in our hot water baseboard heating system at the Bedford house (the not new one).  It seems to be at an elbow joint (behind drywall) in one of the zone lines right near the boiler.

Turned the water supply off in that zone, which stopped that anoying drip drip sound and texted our plumber.  There is no water damage anywhere else along the line, as far as I can tell, especially in the room heated by that zone, which is very good, because, in addition to the obvious reason, the heating water is water mixed with a small amount of anti-freeze to ensure pipes do not freeze.  That stuff is nasty.

On-ward ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I can't spell and / or type very goodly atol ...

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

And saw the eye doctor this morning. Holy ***** the sun is bright! In my office with all the lights off. 

Did they dilate them?  It's always a blast trying to focus on the computer screen for a few hours after that.  I always wind up sitting as far back as possible, straight arming it Frankenstein style.

I forget where I posted it, but my wife had her car rear ended at a red light 3 weeks ago.  Late last week the collision shop told me that they found a lot more damage after removing the bumper and it now classifies as totaled.  We want to get this moving as fast as possible, but the insurance company (Liberty Mutual) doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.  As of Tuesday, they still didn't even have the other driver's information (which I gave to them on day one) or the police report.  A different agent is dealing with it now that it's totaled, so hopefully she'll be quicker.  But so far, she doesn't feel the need to return phone calls.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

Did they dilate them?  It's always a blast trying to focus on the computer screen for a few hours after that.  I always wind up sitting as far back as possible, straight arming it Frankenstein style.

I forget where I posted it, but my wife had her car rear ended at a red light 3 weeks ago.  Late last week the collision shop told me that they found a lot more damage after removing the bumper and it now classifies as totaled.  We want to get this moving as fast as possible, but the insurance company (Liberty Mutual) doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.  As of Tuesday, they still didn't even have the other driver's information (which I gave to them on day one) or the police report.  A different agent is dealing with it now that it's totaled, so hopefully she'll be quicker.  But so far, she doesn't feel the need to return phone calls.

Maybe they should put more money into their employees and less paying for emu trainers.  

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Maybe they should put more money into their employees and less paying for emu trainers.  

It's quite possible that the previous agent was in fact the emu.  The new one just called and I quickly find out that the previous one did not bother to do anything with the forms I emailed her the other day.  We have a history with them not bothering to process forms.  They actually canceled my home owners insurance two years in a row because they never processed a simple form they asked me to sign.  So needless to say, once this whole process is done, I'll be shopping for a new company.

The incompetence of Nationwide as a company knows no bounds. In a continuing trend of them screwing everything up when I call them, they literally failed at cancelling my policy last month and tried to bill me again. Luckily I caught it and stopped the automatic payment in time. But what the hell? 

Sabres app is no more.  Replaced by onebuffalo app that is designed for iPhone but not iPad (forced portrait vs. landscape).

I enjoyed reading and viewing Sabres app better on iPad.

None of this minor nuisance compares to any of your complaints I’ve read above.

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Yup. Dilated and couldn’t see well for 5 hrs. Now they just hurt from straining all day. HoHum..

• Thanks (+1) 1