Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Sitting in a surgical waiting room while My Seven Year Old undergoes an EGD And Colonoscopy to determine if he has Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel Disease?

Sorry to hear... hope for the best 

25 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I woke up at 4am. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I’m at the office since 5:30 AM

I live for midday naps.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sitting in a surgical waiting room while My Seven Year Old undergoes an EGD And Colonoscopy to determine if he has Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel Disease?

Oh, ***** that.  I hope it's neither.  I really hope it's neither.  Praying for him.

• Like (+1) 2

^^^^^

I know that's not really funny but I raised 3 kids and that just seems like a very parental thing to happen. I remember one Christmas my wife's aunt came by to visit us when my youngest son was 2. He liked the taste of toothpaste, so when he found her Ben Gay, he thought it was toothpaste and ate 1/2 the tube. Sat in an ER for several hours that day having him tested for aspirin poisoning and having to drink every few hours some charcoal tasting drink to counteract it. HooBoy that was a fun Xmas. 

@Brawndo hope everything goes well.

Edited by jsb
  • Like (+1) 1

To continue with the non-sleeping theme.

Last night I fell into bed at 3:30 AM (ADT) and fell a sleep imediately, which is the best result of the 3 nights.  Up and at it again at 6:00 AM (ADT).

Monday ... finally drifted in and out at 4:30 after several restless hours of ferriting about.  Up at 6:00 AM.  Tuesday ... see Monday.

MUST SLEEP!!

GO SABRES!!

+++++

Now onto more important matters ...

Will keep @Brawndo and @North Buffalo in my prayers.  It's almost Eid al Adha (Sunday will be day #1), so I tend to pray extra at the Eids.

• Like (+1) 1

I traveled to Argonne National Lab for a week long program two months ago. 

It cost a lot, but was to be fully reimbursed by a prominent public university. I was the first to submit everything we needed to submit paperwork-wise for this reimbursement process to begin. We were first told we'd get the reimbursement sometime in early July, and later we were told we'd get it by earlier this week. This is nearly a thousand dollars, since I covered a lot of the various cab fares on either end for a group of us traveling together. I have bills to pay that I literally can't afford this second, because I'm waiting on this money.

I got an email yesterday, days after we were told the money would be in our accounts, talking as if they just stumbled across a problem. The problem was that my plane tickets came from Oklahoma, but went out to Buffalo. I had established that this was okay with the guys in charge of the program three months ago - I had personal stuff, and it was cheaper for them by over 100 dollars, so it was good to go. Now the school says they need to do their own cost analysis, which I'm sure will take way too long despite a google search of ticket prices for the flight to BUF versus back to OKC verifying the stark price difference in under 30 seconds. They're acting like I did something wrong, and I'm ***** broke. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It cost a lot, but was to be fully reimbursed by a prominent public university. I was the first to submit everything we needed to submit paperwork-wise for this reimbursement process to begin. We were first told we'd get the reimbursement sometime in early July, and later we were told we'd get it by earlier this week. This is nearly a thousand dollars, since I covered a lot of the various cab fares on either end for a group of us traveling together. I have bills to pay that I literally can't afford this second, because I'm waiting on this money.

I got an email yesterday, days after we were told the money would be in our accounts, talking as if they just stumbled across a problem. The problem was that my plane tickets came from Oklahoma, but went out to Buffalo. I had established that this was okay with the guys in charge of the program three months ago - I had personal stuff, and it was cheaper for them by over 100 dollars, so it was good to go. Now the school says they need to do their own cost analysis, which I'm sure will take way too long despite a google search of ticket prices for the flight to BUF versus back to OKC verifying the stark price difference in under 30 seconds. They're acting like I did something wrong, and I'm ***** broke. 

This sounds like getting reimbursed for mil travel. Somewhere there is an underling with an evil grin reviewing your travel cost.

• Like (+1) 1

Doctor said I need to give up hockey due to deteriorating hip.    I'm actually OK with it to be honest.    Too many little injuries here and there was getting close to giving it up anyway.     Would rather be pain free on the golf course.

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Doctor said I need to give up hockey due to deteriorating hip.    I'm actually OK with it to be honest.    Too many little injuries here and there was getting close to giving it up anyway.     Would rather be pain free on the golf course.

Hip replacement and keep playing!  Two guys I know wish they had done it 10 years prior they did it two years ago and they are still skating in their 60s.  Based on what I have seen... do the anterior replacement.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Hip replacement and keep playing!  Two guys I know wish they had done it 10 years prior they did it two years ago and they are still skating in their 60s.  Based on what I have seen... do the anterior replacement.

Thanks!  That's encouraging to hear that guys are still playing with new hips into their 60s.   He said I'm probably 5-10 years from a hip replacement.   I'm having a hard time getting over that, I'll be 47 next month.    We also discussed arthroscopy  to repair the labrum and trim some bone spurs, but his thoughts were that won't help much, said to just back off high impact stuff and stop hockey.     Don't really have any pain doing other stuff like cycling and golf.     I was leaning towards hanging up the skates anyway for other reasons.     If I get the itch to play to again I'll look into options.   

Edited by pi2000

On 8/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, Randall Flagg said:

Argonne.  How very cool.  My wife is a public school employee.  She gets reimbursed for things, from time to time.  It’s usually four or five months after the expenditure.   In the meantime, I will continue to live vicariously through and with you as you discover and learn .... Enrico Fermi, einsteinium and fermium!

Musing .... I don’t think we should invest more resources in these Byzantine Leviathans.  Perhaps a conversation for another time and place.  It seems to me that education is too important to be left to bureaucrats and apparatchiks.  Further to the exercise ...Change “prominent public university” to “prominent public hospital” and “reimbursement” to “kidney”.  As the great philosopher Chevy Chase once said ... “Danny, see your future ..  be  .. your future.  Make .. make it.  Danny, I’m a veg.”

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Argonne.  How very cool.  My wife is a public school employee.  She gets reimbursed for things, from time to time.  It’s usually four or five months after the expenditure.   In the meantime, I will continue to live vicariously through and with you as you discover and learn .... Enrico Fermi, einsteinium and fermium!

Musing .... I don’t think we should invest more resources in these Byzantine Leviathans.  Perhaps a conversation for another time and place.  It seems to me that education is too important to be left to bureaucrats and apparatchiks.  Further to the exercise ...Change “prominent public university” to “prominent public hospital” and “reimbursement” to “kidney”.  As the great philosopher Chevy Chase once said ... “Danny, see your future ..  be  .. your future.  Make .. make it.  Danny, I’m a veg.”

Thank God for my Union paying for all my cancer treatment... but wtf for anti nausea having anti-psychotic uses... either they are trying to tell me something ? or I will go what worked the first time after throwing up for 30 hours straight.  PS lost 10lbs and most of my belly fat... 3 more treatments to go and I will be ripped!

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Thank God for my Union paying for all my cancer treatment... but wtf for anti nausea having anti-psychotic uses... either they are trying to tell me something ? or I will go what worked the first time after throwing up for 30 hours straight.  PS lost 10lbs and most of my belly fat... 3 more treatments to go and I will be ripped!

Oh man yeah... after one of my surgeries I was given Haldol and I freaked out- that's what we gave my violent schizophrenic grandmother back in the day... 

... and it didn't work. Zofran was my saving grace for anti-nausea. 

Hang in there man

• Like (+1) 1

We had my son home for the summer after his freshman year of college for a great, and long, summer break, and now he's gone again.  I am proud of him and I know he can't stay home forever, but I really miss him.

Also -- a truck owned by the college hit my car in the parking lot there yesterday!  They will pay, but it will be a PITA to deal with.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, josie said:

Oh man yeah... after one of my surgeries I was given Haldol and I freaked out- that's what we gave my violent schizophrenic grandmother back in the day... 

... and it didn't work. Zofran was my saving grace for anti-nausea. 

Hang in there man

Zofran is exactly what worked

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

How, exactly, does one get a fever in August in the Northern freaking Hemisphere?  This is ridiculous.

I took off from work today. Summer cold. Sore throat, fever, aches,... it sucks.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

How, exactly, does one get a fever in August in the Northern freaking Hemisphere?  This is ridiculous.

I was in New Orleans four weeks ago.  I bought a Voodoo doll ...

• Haha (+1) 1