Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

So oncologist said 2 bouts of Chemo 2 weeks apart and 6 weeks of radiation... Sound like a lite prison sentence... hopefully though that is it and i am cured... odds are decent... but gonna have to give up my fluorescent tan.  Headed to Canandaigua for 2/3 of a week before it starts.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So oncologist said 2 bouts of Chemo 2 weeks apart and 6 weeks of radiation... Sound like a lite prison sentence... hopefully though that is it and i am cured... odds are decent... but gonna have to give up my fluorescent tan.  Headed to Canandaigua for 2/3 of a week before it starts.

Good luck with it.  Will say a prayer.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Good luck

• Like (+1) 1

Tried donating blood for the first time in forever and they said my hemoglobin level was too low and wouldn't let me donate (I measured 12.3 whatevers (g/dL?) and it needed to be 13).

So I'm going to eat a high iron and vitamin C diet for a few weeks and try again.

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

You got this. 

I did 9 weeks of radiation last year for prostate cancer. A year later it was just a nuisance in my life, and you will find the same at this time next year. 

Check your PSA's guys. Catch it before it's too late. As for the ladies,  get your parts checked regularly and if something is going on, catch it early. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Hit me up when you’re coming to Canandaigua. Maybe we could do a mini SS thingie. 

11 hours ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

You got this. 

I did 9 weeks of radiation last year for prostate cancer. A year later it was just a nuisance in my life, and you will find the same at this time next year. 

Check your PSA's guys. Catch it before it's too late. As for the ladies,  get your parts checked regularly and if something is going on, catch it early. 

That means a lot to me thank you.  I can usually suck it up and deal with nuisance, but prior to I am like a dog going to a vet... just want to run away.  Post, I am always like I can deal with that.

Hello, hello.  Testing 1 - 2 - 3.  Is this thing on?  Can you hear me now?

While it pales in comparison to many much more worthy complaints ...

It is starting to really look like my lovely bride and I are too old for this and may have bitten off a bit more than we can chew.  In the end things will work out fine ... we hope.

On top of my wife's othe chronic health issues we have found out (the hard way) that she has allergies to Birch pollen, which have manifested themselves in not the usual way.

Who knew?  We had not even thought of anthing like this being a thing.  Our new lot is so close to the ocean that the one type of tree that grows really well is Birch.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Hello, hello.  Testing 1 - 2 - 3.  Is this thing on?  Can you hear me now?

While it pales in comparison to many much more worthy complaints ...

It is starting to really look like my lovely bride and I are too old for this and may have bitten off a bit more than we can chew.  In the end things will work out fine ... we hope.

On top of my wife's othe chronic health issues we have found out (the hard way) that she has allergies to Birch pollen, which have manifested themselves in not the usual way.

Who knew?  We had not even thought of anthing like this being a thing.  Our new lot is so close to the ocean that the one type of tree that grows really well is Birch.

Dang, really sorry to hear/see that. As they say life's a birch and then you die...... Or something like that ?

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Dang, really sorry to hear/see that. As they say life's a birch and then you die...... Or something like that ?

Thanks.

We are doing some research and it seems that it may be that my wife has an abnormally high histamine level and not just from the birch, but something is affecting her at the new house.  Some time ago our new(ish) neightbour, who is a ND thought my wife and many of her ailments were summed up as histamine intolerance.  Our GP suggested the only way to combat it is with traditional antihistamines, which some studies are starting to show negatively impact some of the worst symptoms of high levels of histamine ... depression, anxiety, OCD etc.

There are better / natural ways to reduce histamine, which we are starting to explore.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/25/2019 at 7:38 PM, JujuFish said:

Tried donating blood for the first time in forever and they said my hemoglobin level was too low and wouldn't let me donate (I measured 12.3 whatevers (g/dL?) and it needed to be 13).

So I'm going to eat a high iron and vitamin C diet for a few weeks and try again.

13.5 is at the bottom end of normal. I was at 13.3 the other day and my doctor has started investigating why it's low. You should probably notify your doctor. There are many causes.

I'm 57.  I haven't been to a doctor in 30 years.  I feel pretty good minus a few aches and pains (nothing WebMD says I should be really concerned with).  I've been living the Atkins diet lifestyle for 20 years (well before it got the sexy term of Keto).  The health insurance industry has made a ton of money off me for the last 30 years.  However, if I suddenly stop posting, you'll know what happened.  ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

13.5 is at the bottom end of normal. I was at 13.3 the other day and my doctor has started investigating why it's low. You should probably notify your doctor. There are many causes.

Heh, I don't think I've been to the doctor since getting a required physical/shots for college.  If it hasn't improved, maybe I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, Tondas said:

I'm 57.  I haven't been to a doctor in 30 years.  I feel pretty good minus a few aches and pains (nothing WebMD says I should be really concerned with).  I've been living the Atkins diet lifestyle for 20 years (well before it got the sexy term of Keto).  The health insurance industry has made a ton of money off me for the last 30 years.  However, if I suddenly stop posting, you'll know what happened.  ?

We wish you the best. Seriously.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I woke up at 4am. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I’m at the office since 5:30 AM

I almost did the same thing.  I waited it out and eventually got another hour in.

I have to remember to take melatonin *every* night...