Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Just now, EichSnipe said:

This is so strong that it is distinctly skunk.. Not even any room for interpretation! We’ve been trying to cover it up with a spray but all we have is this mediocre lavender Febreeze. It isn’t really helping haha

Time to burn it down and rebuild

Come work in an ER on a Friday night... 

Been doing ab work in advance of my darn surgery and I am f'in sore... had a hot physical therapist/exercise lady stretching me, bug she is all business, had muscles stretched that I never knew I had... and not the fun one...

Edited by North Buffalo

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Come work in an ER on a Friday night... 

Been doing ab work in advance of my darn surgery and I am f'in sore... had a hot physical therapist/exercise lady stretching me, bug she is all business, had muscles stretched that I never knew I had... and not the fun one...

If she wasn't hot would be as sore?

On 5/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, North Buffalo said:

Just got diagnosed with the C word... dont know yet if malignant but after passing a second kidney stone in a week and a half with some blood my urologist... all men over 50 should have one... wanted to do a urine sample and CT scan. Saw the stones and a weird shadow.  Blood came back positive in urine... not in good way.., so did a scope, sure enough small tumor in my bladder... caught it early Thank God... for a kidney stone... who knew.  

They excise it laparoscopically by putting three holes in belly... what really sucks is I have to a catheter for a week... sigh.. 

Told my wife upon result of scope I have 2 days to live... she told me to f off appropriately.

Here’s to you kicking ass.   Sorry to hear, NB.  Good advice for check ups ....

• Like (+1) 1

Surgery is June 19th... bladder tumors, though cancerous, as this one is, are slow growing, tend not to spread outside the bladder unless they are left undiagnosed and untreated for years... literally...  

Good news is our Beer League hockey playoffs end right before surgery and I get two weeks of sympathy from my wife... most I have gotten our entire marriage.  Tough lady that one.

Never expected it to be this bad at work.  Just got promoted along with another colleague.   We both do our jobs well but are also the first ones that don't get any training, usually new people get training for a month in that position.   

You always expect some not being to happy about it,  having a few knives in my back already.  Not that I care much, I keep quiet for now and customers keep saying we are breath of fresh air at the position and management backs us up very well.    But ***** there will be a day soon I'm going to put some people in their place, but as one of the 'new guys' I suck it up and keep it all to myself for now.  

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I think it has not rained only three days in May. WTF.

We're the exact opposite right now.  I think it was March where it rained pretty much every single day in the month.  We've pretty much had nothing since.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

We're the exact opposite right now.  I think it was March where it rained pretty much every single day in the month.  We've pretty much had nothing since.

It's been the most beautiful May I can remember on Vancouver Island.

We're coming off the two worst wildfire seasons in BC history with smoke blotting out the sun for hundreds of miles last summer.

I am starting to dread this summer. Praying for a rainy June.

Edited by dudacek

8 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Surgery is June 19th... bladder tumors, though cancerous, as this one is, are slow growing, tend not to spread outside the bladder unless they are left undiagnosed and untreated for years... literally...  

Good news is our Beer League hockey playoffs end right before surgery and I get two weeks of sympathy from my wife... most I have gotten our entire marriage.  Tough lady that one.

You got this ??

I am still emotional about this event and wish to share as I'm hoping it will be therapeutic.  I've gone back and forth and decided to put it out there.

As we all know the Raptors won the NBA title last week and had their parade on Monday.  I'm not a huge basketball guy myself but my brother is a big time Raps fan.  He insisted I go to the parade with him.  I made him promise if I did this he would attend the Sabres parade when they won.  Agreed.

We decided to watch at Nathan Phillips Square as this was the end of the parade route and they anticipated having a rally where the players give speeches at this location from approximately 12:30-1:30.  

My brother and I get to Nathan Phillips Square at 9:15 and are standing probably two thirds of the way at the back, along the east side.  Well as the day rolls on it's getting hotter and hotter and more and more crowded.  By 3 o'clock the parade has still not reached Nathan Phillips Square because they didn't allow for a wide enough pathway.  Guess it shows Toronto hasn't hosted a major parade since Joe Carter's shot in '93.

Anyways they finally arrived just before 4pm.  We heard the announcement of each of the players and give a nice cheer.  As some know I'm still battling a health issue myself but I barely notice it or the fact we have stood in sweaty close quarters waiting for this moment for nearly 7 straight hours.

I hear a pop pop pop.  They had been lighting homemade fireworks all day but this sounded a little different.  Then about a minute later the crowd starts pushing each other and starting to freak out.  I haven't been in a mosh pit in years but here we are with 100,000 strangers and nobody has a clue what is going on.  People start running; hell I was terrified.  I looked up and all I could see was apartment and office buildings and everyone out standing on their balconies taking in the parade while police in our area were yelling at everyone to get down.  My first thought was of the Vegas shooting.  If the shooter was up in any of those towers we are sitting ducks.  You don't know what is happening at this point in time.

My brother and I (along with so many others) ran as fast as we could (which is difficult for me right now).  It was a full out stampede of people.  Some pushing their way past, with most stopping to help but several being knocked to the ground.  I'm not patting myself on the back because anyone WOULD have done it but I saw a young boy, maybe 7 or so trip on the curb and fall.  A dad had been running with his maybe 7 and 9 year olds.  I stopped to pick the boy up and I looked in the dad's eyes.  I'll never forget the look in that man's eyes until the day I die.  I just yelled at him to get them somewhere safe and kept running.  It was one of those surreal slow motion moments you experience as it's happening even though it's over in a second.  If that makes any sense?  I flew down York Street.  Lots of people around there catching their breath and then out of nowhere everyone started running again.  It was surreal.  Thank God or whatever you believe in that it was not some terrorist attack or mass shooting.  I sure know the people in that back east section near the shooting had no idea what was happening for a good 20 to 30 minutes.  

I cried, I laughed and damn well hugged my wife and kids hard Monday night.  Between my other issue and this experience, just live life guys.  Family, friends, happiness.  That's what really matters. I don't want this post to get political but how any government would allow guns outside of hunting rifles is beyond me.

I don't know how much coverage was given to this down in the states as I think the City of Toronto and NBA may not want to draw too much attention.  I'm telling you it was chaos and a horrific experience for those that thought this could be something more than an isolated incident.  For those interested I've included a couple of articles.  To add the small insult to it all, even without the pure panic of the shooting we still essentially missed everything to do with the parade and rally after waiting in the hot sun for 7 straight hours.

Once again, thank you all for engaging in some good Sabres discussion.  Takes my mind off 'real life' stuff right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Damn man, that is crazy.... Glad to hear you are OK and that no one was seriously injured. 

My complaint pales in comparison, but aeroflot lost my damn luggage, somewhere between Helsinki/Moscow/JFK (worst airport ever) not too happy about that, and not much info other than, give it a few days and call us if you don't hear anything, wtf is that, scan my damn ticket and tell me where it is! 

29 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

My complaint on the stationary bike this morning: The catch all thread - “around the NHL” - is closed for reasons. 

You know the reasons.  It was clearly explained by the locker.  I can't blame her.  In the last several days the discussion had drifted so far a field it was hard to read, which I had given up on.

+++++

My complaint is just about a frustrating situation, which pales in comparison to our friend @Derrico, so I won't bother, especially since it is sorted out.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You know the reasons.  It was clearly explained by the locker.  I can't blame her.  In the last several days the discussion had drifted so far a field it was hard to read, which I had given up on.

To each their own. I enjoy threads that are open-ended and free-flowing -- especially when the thread's topic is general in nature. Those threads find their level again, in time. They always do. Unless they're locked first.

I had to sit through a 3.5-hour meeting yesterday that should've taken 45 minutes at the most.  90% of the talking was performed by a stinking rich, entitled, ill-mannered, self-important, temperamental, yelling DB.  This is the kind of person who leaves a trail of destruction in his wake and whose relationships, personal and professional, all end in lawsuits.  Now today I need to tell his potential new partner, with whom I've worked for a number of years, that we can't work with them on this project and possibly also tell him that he should get away from this guy.

One friend is in remission, which is good. Another friend just discovered she has late stage ovarian. I have watched more than a few friends of mine in their late 20s early 30s fight either breast or ovarian cancer. Not to mention all the other illnesses- I donate to a new Gofundme nearly weekly since everyone's insurance is crap and they're broke from student loans. As if illness isn't enough, my friends have to face the shame of begging their other non-wealthy friends and family to avoid bankruptcy. But that's another lengthy rant that tinges political and thus I will avoid it here.

It's led me down a lot of dark paths of thinking and a heavy cloud of fear. And wondering what thing we do in modern times that we'll look at in 50 years with horror akin to lead face powder in Elizabethan times and radium paint in the early 20th.

As Derrico said above, live your life, guys. To the others in here facing medical problems, my thoughts are with you.

• Like (+1) 2