Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

On 3/14/2019 at 11:35 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Woof!!

Speaking of Woof!! This guy is woofing too much and is woofing down his food and is getting too woofing big. 2 months.... 3 months...... 5 months

Capture.JPG.ad1f113e3f4eec4c0f81a3d5c1ebc485.JPG  IMG_0825.jpg.7cb074c5ef0668aeec796362bb9eb3f5.jpg  IMG_0836.thumb.jpg.b9d4467fddd50c6351a05f26c19f472b.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Returned from vacation today to find that our dog Rico (named for Rico, btw) had ripped a toenail while at the boarders.  That was a cool $190 at the vet, including a nice, gougy $50 for a bandage.  And Rico has to wear the cone for a week!

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Actually yes. Dumb spinning wheel picked pm

A prime minister? Was it Theresa May?

Just now, nfreeman said:

Returned from vacation today to find that our dog Rico (named for Rico, btw) had ripped a toenail while at the boarders.  That was a cool $190 at the vet, including a nice, gougy $50 for a bandage.  And Rico has to wear the cone for a week!

Ugh.  I remember breaking a toe once and having to wear a head cone for a week.  It was embarrassing to explain to judges.  /s

My complaint: ever since the last Schopp & Bulldog producer left WGR-550 (can't remember his name), the new guy has been inept in terms of updating the website with recorded content each day.  Sometimes things simply never get posted at all.

The last guy was outstanding at that.  He usually had a new hour of content up on the website about 10 minutes after the hour ended, and he was incredibly reliable at doing his job.

Right now it's 6:00pm eastern, and nothing from today's Schopp and Bulldog is available for listening.

This is the norm nowadays! 

A conversation came up today that reminded me that I am the only member of a 5 man gang of workers that isn’t dead by suicide..

That ***** is pretty prevalent in the building trades...

The one dude in particular bothers me because we were friends, just not the type that had to be all over each other’s business. He was found badly decomposed two weeks after he’d hanged himself in his closet apartment. Guess I wasn’t such a good friend. I’m sorry dude....

Suicide is such a tough subject.  Having been to that edge I have a special place for it.

If you ever need to talk, reach out to me.

As for my Friday complaint.. in the Thursday thread.

I am traveling next week for work (to our HQ).  Needed to be in Monday morning for a meeting, so doing the dreaded Sunday flight.  So, okay, fly at 5pm and get in at 10pm and all is well.

Somehow my 5pm flight got booked for 6am.  I didn't check when the itinerary was first sent.  So, now I get to get up really early Sunday morning, get to my location by 10:30am and spend Sunday there.  All because I needed to be there for that Monday morning meeting... which was canceled yesterday.

Sigh.

3 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Guys outside my office doing drilling or something. Constant noise. Like sitting next to a generator running.  Ugh, may just go work from the house.

It could be worse, like say, hitting a gas line like they did out here yesterday.

1 hour ago, 2ForTripping said:

Divorce ... It's awful soul crushing black hearted empty abyss of pain

Sorry to hear this.  It's never easy, even if it is for the best.

+++++

Small things ...

Nothing like a last minute (literally ... almost) amendment that is really silly and with a typo no less.