Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

44 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I slept until 4 o’cLock today. Who does that?

I mean, I worked night shift this week and was up at 2.  Your sleep-in game is strong.  

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Cabs from an airport. Insanely expensive, and not a one of them ever knows even the most simple destination request. Why am I, not from this city, telling you where to turn? Absolutely unreal 

I had this experience in an Uber in DC recently.  Ugh.  

I didn’t get it confirmed until Monday morning, but I came down with the flu last Saturday. It ruined my whole weekend and week. I’ve missed the last 4 days of work (not necessarily a bad thing), but I’ve been left to fend for myself since the wife is out of town. I’m sure I infected the local cvs and grocery store to get the stuff I needed, too.

I’m sure I caught it from a co-worker, even though I got the shot early this year. I don’t understand why you show up to work if you’re in such bad shape. 

It’s all a matter of perspective, but it caused me to miss out on a couple events I like to do this time of year. The wife and I have even cancelled hosting Christmas dinner and probably won’t be doing anything, since our local siblings don’t want me anywhere near them. And I’m sure she’ll get it when she comes home.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Wings said:

I didn’t get it confirmed until Monday morning, but I came down with the flu last Saturday. It ruined my whole weekend and week. I’ve missed the last 4 days of work (not necessarily a bad thing), but I’ve been left to fend for myself since the wife is out of town. I’m sure I infected the local cvs and grocery store to get the stuff I needed, too.

I’m sure I caught it from a co-worker, even though I got the shot early this year. I don’t understand why you show up to work if you’re in such bad shape. 

It’s all a matter of perspective, but it caused me to miss out on a couple events I like to do this time of year. The wife and I have even cancelled hosting Christmas dinner and probably won’t be doing anything, since our local siblings don’t want me anywhere near them. And I’m sure she’ll get it when she comes home.

Well, yeah, onto more important items.

Is your avatar a picture of your wife?  She looks familiar.

Driver callers.

I get it, you're bored. I get it,  you want to kill some time as you spend over an hour each way to and from your job.

But guess what, I got ***** to do. I made the choice to move within 6 miles of my workplace so that I would have more free time to do what I want. And I don't want to waste it talking to you. Stop using me to entertain you as you are waiting bumper to bumper to go through the Lincoln tunnel.

Get a book on tape FFS.

I think I'm only going to answer If I, too, am commuting. That will at least limit the conversations to ten minutes.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

So this is the first time I've been in a relationship that involved actual holiday travel. To Cincinnati for 3 days, 1 day break at home, then to Buffalo for 3 days. And just like that, holidays are over with zero actual relaxation. Bleh. 

Stop the bus!!

Is this a recent development?

39 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Driver callers.

I get it, you're bored. I get it,  you want to kill some time as you spend over an hour each way to and from your job.

But guess what, I got ***** to do. I made the choice to move within 6 miles of my workplace so that I would have more free time to do what I want. And I don't want to waste it talking to you. Stop using me to entertain you as you are waiting bumper to bumper to go through the Lincoln tunnel.

Get a book on tape FFS.

I think I'm only going to answer If I, too, am commuting. That will at least limit the conversations to ten minutes.

My long lost brother!!  It's actually you!!

If I get a call and they say hey do you want to talk while I drive to / from work? ... I hang up on their ass.  Yup.  No words.  Just bang.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The extremely loud phone talking high school kid with no manners in the dealership waiting room is making everyone in here even more miserable. 

Sounds like a great time for a throat punch. F! I hate loud people. 

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The extremely loud phone talking high school kid with no manners in the dealership waiting room is making everyone in here even more miserable. 

This is a random dealership story but I think it may brighten your current experience.

Years ago while saving for the house I bought a plain Jane Chevy Aveo. $9,995 brand new. It was a traveling gang box. Perfect for time I was in.

A few years later I go back to the place I bought it from for NYS inspection. They fail it because the wiper arms are rusty and not making good contact with the windshield.

Oh by the way, you’re 14 miles over the warranty. It’s going to cost $200/arm with labor. 

Oh yeah? 

I rode my bike down there first thing next the morning and sat in the waiting area. Someone new comes in and I’m right over there explaining my situation. All. Friggin. Day.

The next day, after I’d been there 3 hours, the service manager calls me over.

”Dude if you shut the ***** up and go the ***** home, I won’t charge beyond the NYS inspection.....

DEAL!

• Haha (+1) 3