Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Grade 2 ankle sprain over the weekend. Just what in needed a few weeks before Christmas as there are a ton of social events I had committed to over the next two weeks. I don't know how some of you work from home on a regular basis. This will be my fourth straight day and I am going stir crazy - any human contact at this point is welcome. My life has been shrunk to about 300 sq ft of my house.

Edit: plus my right foot now looks like a beluga whale based on swelling + paleness

IMG_20181212_204812.jpg

Edited by Samson's Flow
  • Sad 1

Which one of you yahoo's is robo calling me from North Carolina.  Office and cell.

I really think some Canes fans are trolling me big time.

+++++

Hey Boyes,

That is one skinny foot you have there and hairy toes.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I can never tell the difference between my there and their

6 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Grade 2 ankle sprain over the weekend. Just what in needed a few weeks before Christmas as there are a ton of social events I had committed to over the next two weeks. I don't know how some of you work from home on a regular basis. This will be my fourth straight day and I am going stir crazy - any human contact at this point is welcome. My life has been shrunk to about 300 sq ft of my house.

Edit: plus my right foot now looks like a beluga whale based on swelling + paleness

IMG_20181212_204812.jpg

Nice, looks like a good one.

I've worked from home full-time for the past 11 years.    I'm busy in the evenings shuttling my boys around to their practices and whatnot, otherwise, like you said, I'd lose my mind.    I also frequent a few coffee shops during the day, just to see live humans (I don't consider my wife a human).     

• Haha (+1) 1

My dad’s house started stinking and he suspected a rat might have died in the walls.

We inspected and discovered what appears to be an infestation of otters. Will likely have to cut open the floor to find it. Fingers crossed we actually do that in the right spot instead of turning the downstairs floor into a giant whack-a-mole board.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My dad’s house started stinking and he suspected a rat might have died in the walls.

We inspected and discovered what appears to be an infestation of otters. Will likely have to cut open the floor to find it. Fingers crossed we actually do that in the right spot instead of turning the downstairs floor into a giant whack-a-mole board.

Whaaaaaat in the world. 

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I need to take the next step in my career but I don't know what that step is or how to figure that out. 

Right there with you, man.

I dunno what is wrong with me lately, but I've been spending money like there's no tomorrow and my credit card statement from last month is horrifying. Too much retail therapy and not enough self control.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

YIKES. Also, otters?!

43 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Which one of you yahoo's is robo calling me from North Carolina.  Office and cell.

I really think some Canes fans are trolling me big time.

+++++

Hey Boyes,

That is one skinny foot you have there and hairy toes.

Insert Mike Grier ninja emoji here.

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We had a bunch of otters take up residence in our neighborhood retention ponds during the summer.  It was really cool while it lasted.  Apparently they moved on to your dad's walls.

28 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I need to take the next step in my career but I don't know what that step is or how to figure that out. 

Start looking at other jobs higher than where you are. The postings will tell you the qualifications, and you can start working towards those, either through work or in your spare time.

27 minutes ago, biodork said:

YIKES. Also, otters?!

They ain’t the cute little critters you see in the memes. They ***** everywhere and have their own special brand of stink. As soon as we got in there searching, my daughter and I were “smells like otters.”

Dad has oceanfront property and has been battling them on the beach off and on for years. But they’ve always stayed on the beach. We discovered what appears to be a path up the bank to a hard to access corner of the house where it looks like they found an opening that let them get inside the foundation.

We’ve got a restoration company lined up to do clean up and close the access next week. My brother-in-law and I are probably going to start ripping up the floor this weekend to save the expense of them doing it. I’m not looking forward to what we will find.

Edited by dudacek

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Start looking at other jobs higher than where you are. The postings will tell you the qualifications, and you can start working towards those, either through work or in your spare time.

That's kinda the rub. What I'm doing right now is a bit of a dead end. There really isn't an "up". My hope was to make a slide within my current company into a role with more upward potential, but the prospects of that have dimmed. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

They ain’t the cute little critters you see in the memes. They ***** everywhere and have their own special brand of stink. As soon as we got in there searching, my daughter and I were “smells like otters.”

Dad has oceanfront property and has been battling them on the beach off and on for years. But they’ve always stayed on the beach. We discovered what appears to be a path up the bank to a hard to access corner of the house where it looks like they found an opening that let them get inside the foundation.

We’ve got a restoration company lined up to do clean up and close the access next week. My brother and law and I are probably going to start ripping up the floor this weekend to save the expense of them doing it. I’m not looking forward to what we will find.

And I thought it was bad when I found two rabbit carcasses in my old basement. ?

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We’ve got a restoration company lined up to do clean up and close the access next week. My brother-in-law and I are probably going to start ripping up the floor this weekend to save the expense of them doing it. I’m not looking forward to what we will find.

If I remember right, they literally set up latrines and then roll in them as a way of marking territory. I remember watching some nature doc and aw look at the otters... spraying each other in various bodily fluids... fishy feces, too. Noooo thank you. Nope.

I know a few zoo folk and they all say the number one animal they hate dealing with is otters. They call them furry stinky chainsaws. Slippery, covered in fishy crap, and bad tempered with nasty teeth and claws.  

Sorry, man haha godspeed 

Oh yeah - on top of the foot elephantitis - the furnace took a ***** last week and I get to buy a brand new one for $5k+. Just what we need during the holiday season. The installation is scheduled for tomorrow, so hoping there aren't any unforeseen issues that cost me even more. The existing furnace has been a demon child for a long time now, needing repairs every year at the most inconvenient time so at least we are getting rid of the headache and the new one should be far more reliable...

... we hope.

3 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

IMG_20181212_204812.jpg

Ice ice baby and lots of motrin