Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Was hoping to go a week without a post here, but I'm truly a-steamin...

I bought a house with a built-in pool last September. Being the smart person I am, I opted for a 1-yr home warranty insurance package to include pool coverage. At inspection, I knew that I needed to replace the multi-port valve and the blower for the hot tub. No big deal.

I call the warranty company in October before we closed the pool and they sent a reputable company out. Turns out they brought two wrong replacement parts even though I was careful to quote the correct specs over the phone to them. So I say, no big deal, I'm closing the pool for the winter we'll fix er up in the spring.

Summer comes and I call my home warranty company. On 2 June they send a new company out to the house to assess the situation. They say, hmm.. the company that made those pool parts has gone out of business. But we'll find you some replacement parts. I say, cool..

A month goes by and I call and say, what's up? They tell me they're having a devil of a time finding the blower and my file has been handed over to the owner for personal supervision. I say, um.. okay... I'm told, he'll call you.

So he calls and says he'd like to send someone out to the house the next day to look at these obsolete parts. I say, okay.... but you already had someone out here a month ago. But I agree.. I get stiffed. No one shows the next day.

I wait a week or so, and call again. I'm told that someone will come out with the multiport valve. The air blower, well that's a problem. I tell them I'm not wed to this one, just bring me any old one so i can make some bubbles in the hottub. No problem.

So I take a morning off of work and the guy comes. He brings the wrong part for the multiport valve. Seems I got a goes-inta when the standard commercial now is a goes-outa. So basically, he repeats the mistake of the first company even though his guys have already been out one time to photograph.

I'm still waiting... It's August. I have one month left in my warranty and my blood's a-boiling...

Was hoping to go a week without a post here, but I'm truly a-steamin...

I bought a house with a built-in pool last September. Being the smart person I am, I opted for a 1-yr home warranty insurance package to include pool coverage. At inspection, I knew that I needed to replace the multi-port valve and the blower for the hot tub. No big deal.

I call the warranty company in October before we closed the pool and they sent a reputable company out. Turns out they brought two wrong replacement parts even though I was careful to quote the correct specs over the phone to them. So I say, no big deal, I'm closing the pool for the winter we'll fix er up in the spring.

Summer comes and I call my home warranty company. On 2 June they send a new company out to the house to assess the situation. They say, hmm.. the company that made those pool parts has gone out of business. But we'll find you some replacement parts. I say, cool..

A month goes by and I call and say, what's up? They tell me they're having a devil of a time finding the blower and my file has been handed over to the owner for personal supervision. I say, um.. okay... I'm told, he'll call you.

So he calls and says he'd like to send someone out to the house the next day to look at these obsolete parts. I say, okay.... but you already had someone out here a month ago. But I agree.. I get stiffed. No one shows the next day.

I wait a week or so, and call again. I'm told that someone will come out with the multiport valve. The air blower, well that's a problem. I tell them I'm not wed to this one, just bring me any old one so i can make some bubbles in the hottub. No problem.

So I take a morning off of work and the guy comes. He brings the wrong part for the multiport valve. Seems I got a goes-inta when the standard commercial now is a goes-outa. So basically, he repeats the mistake of the first company even though his guys have already been out one time to photograph.

I'm still waiting... It's August. I have one month left in my warranty and my blood's a-boiling...

Screw em and do it yourself.

PS Thanks for the reminder B! :)

That's what I'm here for... :thumbsup:

Stop being a pansy and suck it up. You're not supposed to be in shape. Round is a shape, and a darn fine one at that!

Seconded.

There is a thread over at TBD about current and former WNY males who have never eaten at Mighty Taco. How is that even possible? I can't wrap my mind around the concept.

What? Impossible. Anyone who lived/lives in WNY and has never eaten at MT is barred from all Buffalo sporting events until they cram a Super Mighty down their gullet after a night of drinking.

Know I appreciate you all a great deal

On a serious note, it's great to see you back, millsy...hope all is going well with your recovery and hope to see you around more. :beer:

Screw em and do it yourself.

Always been an option, but I paid for that and I already gave these guys my deductible on their first visit.

Just got off the phone with the company. They told me that the warranty company advised them on the 11th that they would seek a second opinion. I guess my parts are starting to cost some serious coin. I ask why no one advised me of this decision and was told simply, sorry. We thought they would call you.

Can you hear my kettle boiling...

I hate how simple ideas turn into millions of dollars and I'm not a part of it. Vitamin water? C'mon. Let's take water, make it different colors, and say it has vitamins in it. I couldn't have thought of that?

I read a story awhile ago about how a teenager made a bunch of money selling graphic for myspace pages to other stupid teenagers. Great idea, yet so simple.

I guess I'm just bitter that I can't come up with a stupid idea that will make lots of money.

Had to drive 13 hours yesterday from Rochester to North Carolina. Made two 10 minute stops for gas. Oh, and it's 100 degrees and humidity that you can feel just waving your hand around.

13 hours from Rachacha to NC with only 2 ten minutes stops? You must drive like my Grandma.

There is a thread over at TBD about current and former WNY males who have never eaten at Mighty Taco. How is that even possible? I can't wrap my mind around the concept.

lol i've never been to Mighty Taco sober.... lol the only times i've gone is after Sabres games when i'm totally hammered on the way home we usually stop for a bit to eat or once i went to a party in Depew, we went there at like 2am. lol Good times. Been there like a total of 5 times.

I have a friend, who used to post on this forum like 3 years ago, who would drive with friends from Gates to Buffalo just to get Mighty Taco. lol I kid you not.

I have a friend, who used to post on this forum like 3 years ago, who would drive with friends from Gates to Buffalo just to get Mighty Taco. lol I kid you not.

If the gas prices weren't so high I'd drive from Cleveland.

Had to drive 13 hours yesterday from Rochester to North Carolina. Made two 10 minute stops for gas. Oh, and it's 100 degrees and humidity that you can feel just waving your hand around.

Try livin in the 100 degree heat all the time when you are used to 70-80's with not much humidity!! It sucks!! That does seem like a long ride???? Should be about 11 hours, of course it depends what time you are on I95 around Northern Virginia......

I hate when people drive with animals on their lap!! Just once if they have to stop fast, that dog is flyin!!!

lol I can't tell the State Trooper recruiters that though...

Seriously. Fortunately I've been lucky enough that I haven't done anything to hurt my upper body this summer so I've been on a nice consistent roll with my workouts. *knock on wood*

I actually have a mountain bike that I've been riding for years. Unfortunately that was back when I lived in Lancaster. Here where I live in Rochester there are a lot more hills and this poor bike just isn't taking the abuse I'm dishing out with the more challenging rides. Plus I really need a slightly larger frame, a better seat, and some new rims and tires. And some bike shorts for the chafing. :unsure: It's cheaper just to buy running shoes lol Maybe in the spring I'll be able to do some work on my bike, but until then I gotta stick with running. I'll just have to walk the next couple weeks instead until the cut heals.

I want to complain about you not being here more often. So there!

What kind of distance/times do you need to run? I have some workouts that can really help you knock some time off.

I guess I need to contribute with a complaint...I have found myself spending most of my summer in 2 very hot and humid locations. That is the worst possible place for running. I was back in Buffalo for a couple of days last week and I did a 5 mile run in less time than I did a 4 mile run yesterday (in Virginia). I am in a spot right now with some really nice running trails, but it's so hot that going further than 4 miles is just painful.

I hate how groups of 3 or more people think they're somehow entitled to the sidewalk more than anyone else. If all of you have to walk side by side, I'm not moving out of your way. Since you're probably smaller than me, I won't be the one who ends up on my ass.

I hate how groups of 3 or more people think they're somehow entitled to the sidewalk more than anyone else. If all of you have to walk side by side, I'm not moving out of your way. Since you're probably smaller than me, I won't be the one who ends up on my ass.

Can't speak for the sidewalk, but this happens way too often on bike paths.... and what part of calling out "coming up on your left" causes people's brains to cease functioning? Wtf, even the damn geese get it most of the time.

Oh yeah, and people listening to iPods or talking/texting on cell phones who wander aimlessly out onto the path without a care in the world. Grrrr.

If you weren't under 18, I'd drive to Olean and punch you in the nads. Sleeping until 7:00 am is sleeping in for me. :censored:

My sleep cycle is so screwed up from my always-changing work schedule and stress right now that I'd kill to be asleep before 11 and up at a normal time. I'm all over the place - one night I'm wide awake till 4 and then moving around like a frigging zombie the next day, followed by falling asleep on the couch at 7 p.m. and waking up in the middle of the night, then getting to be and not waking up until 11 the next morning. :censored:

My sleep cycle is so screwed up from my always-changing work schedule and stress right now that I'd kill to be asleep before 11 and up at a normal time. I'm all over the place - one night I'm wide awake till 4 and then moving around like a frigging zombie the next day, followed by falling asleep on the couch at 7 p.m. and waking up in the middle of the night, then getting to be and not waking up until 11 the next morning. :censored:

Try two trips from Japan to the US and back in the course of a month. My body is just confused as to what time it is.

If I weren't old, lazy, and completely out of shape you weren't under 18, I'd drive to Olean and punch you in the nads. Sleeping until 7:00 am is sleeping in for me. :censored:

Fixed

Let me clear myself up -- I was out until 5:30 last night, finally got to sleep about 6 or 7. THEN had to get up at 9. ;]

PS: I'm 18.

What's the deal with the X Games? Why does ESPN insist on cramming this down our throats every year? I think that the quality of their programs have gone downhill (Coors light 6 pack of questions, anyone?), but I still like to catch Sportscenter from time to time, particularly when the lady friend isn't home. But instead the Xgames is going over time, and I'm watching wannabe daredevils ride motorbikes over mounds of dirt. It's crap.

Try two trips from Japan to the US and back in the course of a month. My body is just confused as to what time it is.

That sort of insomnia and messed-up sleep cycle is understandable. My work schedule, while it varies, is pretty stable for the most part, but I have these erratic bouts of insomnia. I think it's more stress than anything else.