Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm going to pull in one from yesterday - my wireless router just stopped working, the network name disappeared, the network key gone. Wife (who works from home) had to wake me up to tell me that she couldn't get online, so I had to reset the wireless network first thing.

Oh, and my other long-standing complaint - Vista sucks. Every day that passes I lean more and more toward uninstalling Vista and going back to XP.

If that's a linksys router, throw it out the window and get yourself a Netgear model. I can't tell you how many Linksys routers I've gone through, but the NetGears are holding up nicely. Look on http://www.newegg.com

Good luck!

Why are you upset with Time Warner? Your neighbor cut your line and they showed up when they said they would. Sounds like some displaced anger.

:) True dat.. Seems like he's letting the neighbor off easy. But it is totally appropriate to hate the cable companies nonetheless. They are evil incarnate.

I'm TOTALLY upset with my cable company, Time Warner. Don't get me wrong, i usually love TW and i have no problems with them esspicially now since they offer Sabres in HD. But, my STUPID ASS neighbor was doing yard work and cut our cable cords. So my cable went out. I didn't have tv all day Monday, which is cool, i wasn't home and i called TW. They said they'd send out a guy on Tuesday BETWEEN 9am and 3pm. WTF! 6 hour window seems a bit much? Ok, so its ok. I had off from work, so i slept in til like 10am, got worried that i missed the dude, but nah not yet. I stayed waiting til 1pm. I had no food in the house, so i made a quick run to Wegmans. I was gone 20 minutes. I come back and theres a note on the door. Like WTF. That always happens to me. It's like he was outside across the street waiting for me to leave. What a punch in the balls. Worst feeling ever. Seems to happen alot to me, from UPS to the cable guy. I'm surprised the note he left on the door didn't just say "LOL". But thinking about it, it was my fault for leaving, but giving me a 6-hour window? I couldn't do ANYTHING all day. God forbid i got hungry.

Should've had something delivered, dude!

If that's a linksys router, throw it out the window and get yourself a Netgear model. I can't tell you how many Linksys routers I've gone through, but the NetGears are holding up nicely. Look on http://www.newegg.com

Good luck!

It is a Linksys, and I am looking to replace it at some point. This isn't the first time it's given me problems. Replacing it might happen soon, we're waiting to see if my wife's company will reimburse us for all or part of it, since she is using it to get online to work at home.

People. I don't like people.

I'm starting to feel the same way.

I have a nice list of crap that's pissing me off, so I might have to start my own blog to bitch about the world.

Speaking of umbrellas, people who use them. Unless it's a downpour, it's quite lame. Also: people in our neck of the woods who overdress during the winter. Generally not a problem, but women tend to do it, and especially out of towners, city folk and the like. Unless it's bitter, you'll find me in a light jacket and baseball cap. I mean, you're just going from the house to the car, the car to wherever, and back.

I absolutely hate people with umbrellas. I have no problem with using them, but most people carry them at around my eye level. They never look where they're going and I'm in constant fear of going blind. It doesn't help that its so windy out here in Boston.

My parents giving me 24 hours to decide whether to keep living in Tallahassee or move back to Buffalo.

I want to go back to Buffalo, but 24 hours and a week to implement just isn't enough time to tie up my loose ends, say goodbye to my life for the last 6 years etc..

my head hurts.

I absolutely hate people with umbrellas. I have no problem with using them, but most people carry them at around my eye level. They never look where they're going and I'm in constant fear of going blind. It doesn't help that its so windy out here in Boston.

The only place I hate an umbrella is at a Bills Game. They block your view and push the rain into your lap or on your head depending where it's at. I don't understand going to a football game in Buffalo and not being waterproof..

The worst with that is when someone's walking with an umbrella, and they're not watching behind them. Then you get poked in the gut with the tip of an umbrella when they start walking.

The worst with that is when someone's walking with an umbrella, and they're not watching behind them. Then you get poked in the gut with the tip of an umbrella when they start walking.

Some woman randomly jabbed her folded up umbrella to the side as I was walking past her today. Take a wild guess what her umbrella was level with.