Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I found the perfect house this past weekend, absolutely loved it. Then I went out to the backyard and saw the creek which runs through the middle of the backyard, cutting it in half. Drought conditions down here and it had 8 inches of standing water in it. Must be a fun time when it starts raining.

I spent 20+ hours the last few months hacking out a deal with a bungling vendor who, it was discovered, over-charged my company over a 3-year period. Three of their reps came in today all bright-eyed and freshly-scrubbed to say that they were now authorized to give me everything I'd demanded at our meeting 2 weeks ago -- only they inexplicably failed to account for the 2 key items that were part of that prior demand.

I'm going to pull in one from yesterday - my wireless router just stopped working, the network name disappeared, the network key gone. Wife (who works from home) had to wake me up to tell me that she couldn't get online, so I had to reset the wireless network first thing.

Oh, and my other long-standing complaint - Vista sucks. Every day that passes I lean more and more toward uninstalling Vista and going back to XP.

At least with HP you can download just the driver from their website without the extra crap.

Why the heck don't all hardware/software companies give you that option? At the very least, how about a warning - "hey, gonna install a bunch of crap that you don't want and will screw up your machine, hijack your settings and require nine virus scans, two spyware scans and a complete reinstall of your OS to get rid of this crap."

Why the heck don't all hardware/software companies give you that option? At the very least, how about a warning - "hey, gonna install a bunch of crap that you don't want and will screw up your machine, hijack your settings and require nine virus scans, two spyware scans and a complete reinstall of your OS to get rid of this crap."

Well, in Adobe's case with AIR, the best way to get developers to use it is to get a big user base. To accomplish that end, they're bundling it with their free software - Adobe Reader.

Its still bullsh--, but they at least have a justification for it.

Well, in Adobe's case with AIR, the best way to get developers to use it is to get a big user base. To accomplish that end, they're bundling it with their free software - Adobe Reader.

Its still bullsh--, but they at least have a justification for it.

I assume a lot of people still use the Adobe Reader, because it's probably the most well-known (best-marketed) program out there. I switched to Foxit last year and absolutely love it - especially the fact that it is such a smaller program.

I assume a lot of people still use the Adobe Reader, because it's probably the most well-known (best-marketed) program out there. I switched to Foxit last year and absolutely love it - especially the fact that it is such a smaller program.

And it doesnt take an hour to load the damn program too.

Much hate for adobe. Even now downloading flash or shockwave player is a hassle cuz adobe had to make their own websites instead of using the very functional macromedia site.

That, and its the only piece of software that supports some Adobe-based features (version 9 adds Flash embedded in PDFs, for example).

I, too, love Foxit.

I'm sick of all the rain we've been getting lately. If I ever actually had the time to go golfing, this would really be screwing me over right now. The great light shows from these storms have been fun though.

Thanks for reminding me. One of my pet peeves is the weather guy who has to tell you to take an umbrella, put on a jacket, dress lightly (or heavily), be careful on the roads. Are we idiots?

Speaking of umbrellas, people who use them. Unless it's a downpour, it's quite lame. Also: people in our neck of the woods who overdress during the winter. Generally not a problem, but women tend to do it, and especially out of towners, city folk and the like. Unless it's bitter, you'll find me in a light jacket and baseball cap. I mean, you're just going from the house to the car, the car to wherever, and back.

Now, outdoor exercising is a whole 'nother deal.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for reminding me. One of my pet peeves is the weather guy who has to tell you to take an umbrella, put on a jacket, dress lightly (or heavily), be careful on the roads. Are we idiots?

The automated weather channel around here has the NOAA computerized text to speech, and when it says there is possible flooding, it honestly tells you:

"Turn around, don't drown"

GREAT ADVICE! :wallbash:

I'm TOTALLY upset with my cable company, Time Warner. Don't get me wrong, i usually love TW and i have no problems with them esspicially now since they offer Sabres in HD. But, my STUPID ASS neighbor was doing yard work and cut our cable cords. So my cable went out. I didn't have tv all day Monday, which is cool, i wasn't home and i called TW. They said they'd send out a guy on Tuesday BETWEEN 9am and 3pm. WTF! 6 hour window seems a bit much? Ok, so its ok. I had off from work, so i slept in til like 10am, got worried that i missed the dude, but nah not yet. I stayed waiting til 1pm. I had no food in the house, so i made a quick run to Wegmans. I was gone 20 minutes. I come back and theres a note on the door. Like WTF. That always happens to me. It's like he was outside across the street waiting for me to leave. What a punch in the balls. Worst feeling ever. Seems to happen alot to me, from UPS to the cable guy. I'm surprised the note he left on the door didn't just say "LOL". But thinking about it, it was my fault for leaving, but giving me a 6-hour window? I couldn't do ANYTHING all day. God forbid i got hungry.

I'm TOTALLY upset with my cable company, Time Warner. Don't get me wrong, i usually love TW and i have no problems with them esspicially now since they offer Sabres in HD. But, my STUPID ASS neighbor was doing yard work and cut our cable cords. So my cable went out. I didn't have tv all day Monday, which is cool, i wasn't home and i called TW. They said they'd send out a guy on Tuesday BETWEEN 9am and 3pm. WTF! 6 hour window seems a bit much? Ok, so its ok. I had off from work, so i slept in til like 10am, got worried that i missed the dude, but nah not yet. I stayed waiting til 1pm. I had no food in the house, so i made a quick run to Wegmans. I was gone 20 minutes. I come back and theres a note on the door. Like WTF. That always happens to me. It's like he was outside across the street waiting for me to leave. What a punch in the balls. Worst feeling ever. Seems to happen alot to me, from UPS to the cable guy. I'm surprised the note he left on the door didn't just say "LOL". But thinking about it, it was my fault for leaving, but giving me a 6-hour window? I couldn't do ANYTHING all day. God forbid i got hungry.

Why are you upset with Time Warner? Your neighbor cut your line and they showed up when they said they would. Sounds like some displaced anger.