Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Complain about anything you want. 1 complaint, 20 complaints, who cares? No one is really listening anyways.

My complaint for this week...

Fast food workers who are miserable beyond belief while on the job. If you hate your job that much, do something about it to better yourself in life. Go back to school or do whatever is needed to find a better job. In the meantime, if you continue to stay in your current position, suck it up and put on a happy face. http://forums.sabrespace.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gifM

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks LB. I have a burr in my saddle about something and actually thought about making it an (OT) post earlier.

Cranberry juice that is labeled "CRANBERRY" complete with full-color pictures of red, juicy CRANBERRIES -- that is actually cranberry juice, apple juice and grape juice and whatever other kind of juice they decide to put in it. How is that even legal?

Oh man don't even get me started. The curmudgeonness will flow from me like a fountain of chocolate, or something.

• Like (+1) 1

Complain about anything you want. 1 complaint, 20 complaints, who cares? No one is really listening anyways.

Fast food workers who are miserable beyond belief while on the job. If you hate your job that much, do something about it to better yourself in life. Go back to school or do whatever is needed to find a better job. In the meantime, if you continue to stay in your current position, suck it up and put on a happy face. :D

They don't pay enough for someone to care about their job. Sometimes the reason why people are at that job 2 ar because A. they are too young to get anything better at the moment and don't have parents that are willing to just give them money so they can do things like go out or hang with friends or B. they are currently in school trying to get a better career and thats the only job they can get thats flexible enough to work around their schedule.

I know, I have been both A & B

Oh man don't even get me started. The curmudgeonness will flow from me like a fountain of chocolate, or something.

On this we can agree. I have an ongoing list that I started a few weeks ago and have been adding to it and editing as situations arise. It's up to about a dozen detailed complaints right now.

I'm getting so I hate the world.

Thanks LB. I have a burr in my saddle about something and actually thought about making it an (OT) post earlier.

Cranberry juice that is labeled "CRANBERRY" complete with full-color pictures of red, juicy CRANBERRIES -- that is actually cranberry juice, apple juice and grape juice and whatever other kind of juice they decide to put in it. How is that even legal?

Read the label closely, most of those are labeled Cranberry Cocktail. Also too, i think there is only a certain percentage that they need to have for it to be classified as a juice

They don't pay enough for someone to care about their job. Sometimes the reason why people are at that job 2 ar because A. they are too young to get anything better at the moment and don't have parents that are willing to just give them money so they can do things like go out or hang with friends or B. they are currently in school trying to get a better career and thats the only job they can get thats flexible enough to work around their schedule.

I know, I have been both A & B

All good and well, but it still doesn't mean the miserable behavior should be tolerated by management.

My complaint?

That a$$hole that flings their car door open right into my car. What? You need that much room to get out of your car? The worst is watching it from inside the store and you're not able to get out there in time to bitch.

• Agree 1

All good and well, but it still doesn't mean the miserable behavior should be tolerated by management.

Oh, I know what you mean, by my thinking was that they can go ahead and fire me, they don't pay me enough to care more about the job, especially when up here, they can pay you less then minimum wage before you turn 16 under "student minimum wage" for doing the same job as everyone else

Oh, I know what you mean, by my thinking was that they can go ahead and fire me, they don't pay me enough to care more about the job, especially when up here, they can pay you less then minimum wage before you turn 16 under "student minimum wage" for doing the same job as everyone else

Yeah but once you hit 16, Kevin Lowe can offer you a ridiculous offer sheet and your McDonald's will have to match and pay you like the 23-year old Fry Guy.

Guest Sloth

Fast food workers who are miserable beyond belief while on the job. If you hate your job that much, do something about it to better yourself in life. Go back to school or do whatever is needed to find a better job. In the meantime, if you continue to stay in your current position, suck it up and put on a happy face. :D

Too many Americans are too fat and lazy to try and better thier lives. Doesn't bother me, though. I can improve my lifestyle at a faster rate. Keep eating the whoppers America!

*Just kidding on this post...to a certain extent.

along the same lines as mentioned above...

no one forced them to take that job, if they don't care about it don't take it... "not paying me enough" isn't really a good reason to act like an a$$hole when the job description they agreed to is being followed. If people are asked to do things that aren't in their job description, "not paying me enough" can be a valid excuse... but I'm pretty sure the Fast Food Cashier job description has something to the effect of being polite, friendly, accomodating, and always making the customer feel welcome.

Case in point, there was a worker at a local Subway, she was awesome, friendly, happy, polite... made me feel good going in there... she left and the people they have now are grumpy idiots, needless to say I don't go to the Subway anymore. The nice worker got a job at Dunkin Donuts, now I go in there specifically to order from her. I told her she was missed at Subway and we were glad to see her working close by again. (it's not because she's hot or anything either, just a good worker who you could appreciate)

Case in point, there was a worker at a local Subway, she was awesome, friendly, happy, polite... made me feel good going in there... she left and the people they have now are grumpy idiots, needless to say I don't go to the Subway anymore. The nice worker got a job at Dunkin Donuts, now I go in there specifically to order from her. I told her she was missed at Subway and we were glad to see her working close by again. (it's not because she's hot or anything either, just a good worker who you could appreciate)

Exactly! :thumbsup:

along the same lines as mentioned above...

no one forced them to take that job, if they don't care about it don't take it... "not paying me enough" isn't really a good reason to act like an a$$hole when the job description they agreed to is being followed. If people are asked to do things that aren't in their job description, "not paying me enough" can be a valid excuse... but I'm pretty sure the Fast Food Cashier job description has something to the effect of being polite, friendly, accomodating, and always making the customer feel welcome.

Dude, why are you stalking the friendly fat girl from Subway to Dunkin Donuts? ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Okay, how the heck do you "embed" a video clip into your message? Help me please.

is it a YouTube? If so, just:

youtube YouTube ID Number /youtube (don't forget the brackets, and use the YouTube ID numbers after the v=)

EAPhqXj_24I

I hate it when I'm watching a television show, or movie, and for "dramatic effect" it goes to slow motion. It then takes 4 minutes to get through a 2 minute scene. It's ridiculous. Writers are paid to write, so why not advance the plot a little, or add some humor to break the tension? My adult ADD will not tolerate such tripe.

Labatt, what happened anyway? Did some hippie spit in your Super Mighty Burrito this afternoon?

Labatt, what happened anyway? Did some hippie spit in your Super Mighty Burrito this afternoon?

Stupid Wendy's. Not only do you F*** up my order at the drive thru, you don't say a single word(maybe you are a deaf mute),you take my money, hand me the screwed up order and look at me like you want to kill me.

Since we are complaining, I hate when I talk to a friend from Buffalo (or see it on a message board like this) and someone "food drops" ... like, "Gotta go, we're going to Ted's!" or "Just got back from Duff's!" or any mention of Might Taco, Anderson's, Bocce's, Bob and John's .... the list goes on .... it makes me hungry and jealous that I am so far away. .

Stupid Wendy's. Not only do you F*** up my order at the drive thru, you don't say a single word(maybe you are a deaf mute),you take my money, hand me the screwed up order and look at me like you want to kill me.

They F*** YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They F*** YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got f***ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets F***ed? Ol' Labatt Blue! Okay, sure! I don't give a F***! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

Since we are complaining, I hate when I talk to a friend from Buffalo (or see it on a message board like this) and someone "food drops" ... like, "Gotta go, we're going to Ted's!" or "Just got back from Duff's!" or any mention of Might Taco, Anderson's, Bocce's, Bob and John's .... the list goes on .... it makes me hungry and jealous that I am so far away. .

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Amen.

That one just made it on my growing list of complaints against the world.

I hate when they jack up the volume on the commercials and bring it back down for whatever you're watching making me turn the volume up and down with my remote with buttons that are wearing out. Bastages.

• Like (+1) 1