I just decided: I dont want to pay for the Center Ice package.

Chief Enabler

Why should I? it is an average product with no balls. Please give me an incentive

incentive |inˈsentiv|

noun

a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something : there is no incentive for customers to conserve water

? a payment or concession to stimulate greater output or investment : tax incentives for investing in depressed areas | [as adj. ] incentive payments.

FWIW, right now I probably won't be ordering it, at least not for the start of the season. Money's tight, and since we can only order one or the other I'd rather have the Sunday Ticket than the Center Ice package, at least for right now. If the financial situation was better I'd probably try to swing it, so for right now I am thinking of doing the half-season package.

If I want to look forward to them losing almost every night, forget it. If it is anything like last season. Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, even Toronto would give them a run. Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about. Excited? Prospects? 5 years from now! come on. I apologize for the rant.

I guess I am just looking for a sense of direction here, see you in the morning.

Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about.

Problem is, at just July 2nd, we don't know what product they will put out there. We have some great players and some not so great. Darcy seems certain that we will add at defense and might trade some forwards, so hopefully some of those not so great will be gone. Plus, while it seemed like there were a lot of moves made in the past week, a lot of great (or at least very good) players around the league haven't moved (in FA or trade) yet, so who knows what will happen. I'm not patient either, but I'd say it's too soon to say.

If I want to look forward to them losing almost every night, forget it. If it is anything like last season. Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, even Toronto would give them a run. Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about. Excited? Prospects? 5 years from now! come on. I apologize for the rant.

I guess I am just looking for a sense of direction here, see you in the morning.

Ya never know.. I'm sure Eck could be reporting soon that the Sabres are close to pulling off a trade for Crosby, and have agreed to send the all popular MAX, MAC, and a 2nd round pick that everyone seems to love back to Pittsburgh! J/K.

Its hockey Man... You either love it or not. Does it suck that we operate under different rules...YES, but its still our team.

Win, Lose, or Draw...Its our team. I guess we just need to accept that from the financial side of the business we can't compete. We are like the Oakland A's of Hockey. We develop the talent, and when they are good they go elsewhere to cash in because the mgt's value for that player is lower then what the market dictates.

Why should I? it is an average product with no balls. Please give me an incentive

incentive |inˈsentiv|

noun

a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something : there is no incentive for customers to conserve water

? a payment or concession to stimulate greater output or investment : tax incentives for investing in depressed areas | [as adj. ] incentive payments.

The team will reflect it's management. :wallbash:

I think that's enough ranting for tonight.

I think I will be ordering it this year only because its my only way to catch the Sabres play, besides season tickets, but those are just a wee bit more expensive. It sucks living 20-25 minutes from the freakin arena and not being able to watch the games on TV because you are north of the border.

Sunday Ticket is useless for me, the Bills are always on local TV here, unless its blacked out

I'm getting it again. Since I'm out of town I can't watch the Sabres locally. Just watch, you'll see. Gerbe, Kennedy, Myers, Ennis, and Butler will set the league afire. Oh wait, that's 2011.

My password for my "Bennigans Rewards" account is Sabresin11.

In the words of Homer Simspon, hockey is "the only escape from the drudgery of work and family."

I'm going to get it from the get go even if we suck. I just like to watch the game of hockey. Oh, and I'm a closet masochist, so bring on the suckiness. Money's tight here too but that's why they invented Ramen. There's a recipe book that you can get with hundred of different ways to make it.

I'm going to get it from the get go even if we suck. I just like to watch the game of hockey. Oh, and I'm a closet masochist, so bring on the suckiness. Money's tight here too but that's why they invented Ramen. There's a recipe book that you can get with hundred of different ways to make it.

lol I imagine for out of towners, center ice is a must. But i live in the area, and have MSG and watch each game, but still no better entertainment value out there then center ice. Any night of the week i can just sit back and watch any game. World juniors during Christmas. It'll be my 4th year having it.

If money is tight, that's a legitimate reason not to get it. And really, hey, it's your money, you can do what you want with it. And the money is just more revenue which drives up the cap which is apparently bad for the Sabres.

But to me, not getting it because "Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about" sounds dangerously close to "I only like to watch when they win." Which is dangerously close to "Fair-Weather Fan." Which I do NOT think you or 99 percent of the people on this board are. But I gotta tell ya, that kind of thing sounds a lot like something we would rip to freakin' shreds if we saw it on a Carolina Hurricanes message board.

Just sayin' ...

Despite your rant, I bet you end up with it. If you care enough to be ranting in July, you won't make it through October. ;)

I'm getting it again. Since I'm out of town I can't watch the Sabres locally. Just watch, you'll see. Gerbe, Kennedy, Myers, Ennis, and Butler will set the league afire. Oh wait, that's 201109.

My password for my "Bennigans Rewards" account is Sabresin11.

In the words of Homer Simspon, hockey is "the only escape from the drudgery of work and family."

I think you were off a little bit

I think you were off a little bit

I like your optomism. I'm getting CI again. I think the Sabres are going to be alot better than last year,even if they pick up noone by the time the season starts. I think that Vanek's contract is not going to weigh him down as much next year and he is going to score even more because, darnit, 36 goals isn't enough. I think our D will be better, with a healthy Spacek, Teppo back, and two youngsters that came on at the end of the year. I think Paesch is going to surprise us as well.

We also have a bunch of younger guys that if they all blossum and turn into the players we think they can be, the offense will be unbelievable(not unlike '05 to '07). We were fourth in offense last year after all. Miller was burnt last year and will be better. I also think the whole team will finally be over the Drury/Briere hangover and leaders will emerge(maybe Goose, Hecht or Roy).

Damn right I'm getting Center Ice. I'm getting excited right now just typing this.

And anyway..I'f they stink I can put on a better game out west :D

If money is tight, that's a legitimate reason not to get it. And really, hey, it's your money, you can do what you want with it. And the money is just more revenue which drives up the cap which is apparently bad for the Sabres.

But to me, not getting it because "Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about" sounds dangerously close to "I only like to watch when they win." Which is dangerously close to "Fair-Weather Fan." Which I do NOT think you or 99 percent of the people on this board are. But I gotta tell ya, that kind of thing sounds a lot like something we would rip to freakin' shreds if we saw it on a Carolina Hurricanes message board.

Just sayin' ...

Despite your rant, I bet you end up with it. If you care enough to be ranting in July, you won't make it through October. ;)

Great post.

Just sayin' ...

I am thinking about not getting it as well. I don't think that makes you a "fair weather fan", just not a fool. Why should the fan commit that kind of money so TG can just stick his share in his pocket and then not put every effort into improving this team? That makes him a crook. BTW, last I looked the radio feed on the internet was like $12 a year.

I decided to go Center Ice as opposed to Sunday Ticket a few years back. It wasn't an affordability question (CI *is* much cheaper, for more product), it was a quality question.

In my opinion, the quality of the average NFL broadcast has really gone down hill. It's commercials. I can't stand paying Direct TV $350 a year in order to just watch commercials with a bit of football stuck in the middle. They stick commercials in after the kick off, before the first down, right before the 3rd and long, right before the punt, right after change of possession. It's just freaking silly.

I like the flow of the game of Hockey better. It might be 10 minutes without a stoppage. The advertising isn't as crazy rampant. The best part? With CI, I get to see the hometown footage. It's RJ calling most of the games.

I like the Bills, so I buy that FieldPass from NFL.com every year. It's about $30 for the season and I can listen online. I take the computer outside and plug in amplified speakers while they kids play and the dogs run around. I like that better than Sunday Ticket as I get the 'Buffalo Bills Radio Network.' When Hockey season starts, I neglect the Bills a bit anyways.

If it seriously looks as though the Bills might make a good playoff run, I'll buy the second half of the season at the discounted rate... I think. If they start looking good, the flex scheduling will pick them up, as will the local market.

I am thinking about not getting it as well. I don't think that makes you a "fair weather fan", just not a fool. Why should the fan commit that kind of money so TG can just stick his share in his pocket and then not put every effort into improving this team? That makes him a crook. BTW, last I looked the radio feed on the internet was like $12 a year.

The last time you looked, where were you looking? Nhl.com has always been free.

Just sayin' ...

I think I have a realistic approach on whats going on. Its not just $150, 3 or 4 nights a week investment of watching the underachieving "system" breakdowns and lack of effort. I might get it, I might get a link through Millbank (get well soon), I might just read only wjag posts all night or the sabresnutinphoenix post on every pass.

I really am not getting exited about Vaneks slumps, Millers eyeballs, non-aggresive defense, or worse yet Timmy injury status, or worse Max getting 6 minutes per game. The same old s**t this season.

To respond to the bold up there, I am sticking to my original thought "Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about". To me, that does not sound like a Fair-weather fan. I am getting tired of the diamond in the rough third/fourth line role player acquisitions.

Make me get excited :bag:

I think I have a realistic approach on whats going on. Its not just $150, 3 or 4 nights a week investment of watching the underachieving "system" breakdowns and lack of effort. I might get it, I might get a link through Millbank (get well soon), I might just read only wjag posts all night or the sabresnutinphoenix post on every pass.

I really am not getting exited about Vaneks slumps, Millers eyeballs, non-aggresive defense, or worse yet Timmy injury status, or worse Max getting 6 minutes per game. The same old s**t this season.

To respond to the bold up there, I am sticking to my original thought "Sabres are putting an average product out there, nothing to get excited about". To me, that does not sound like a Fair-weather fan. I am getting tired of the diamond in the rough third/fourth line role player acquisitions.

Make me get excited :bag:

Again, I never said you were a fair weather fan ... if you were you would not be here in July. I wasn't trying to attack you, just looking at what you said from another point of view. You are just a pissed off fan, which is fine, and of course, everyone is way more into it and interested when their team is good, that is human nature ...

I'm frustrated too ... I was frustrated from 2002-04 ... but I never cancelled Center Ice. I'm just not wired that way, I guess. It's not and never has been an intellectual choice for me ... If they suck, I suffer with them, to me that is part of the deal. It's hard to explain it without sounding like I am judging you, but for ME, personally, that's how it works.

Like X. said, the crook is whomever you are paying $12 a year to listen to the games.

But hey, I admit, I am probably the fool here ... whatever. I'm in with both feet, win or lose.

incentive |in?ˆsentiv|

noun

?€? a payment or concession to stimulate greater output or investment : tax incentives for investing in depressed areas | [as adj. ] incentive payments.

May I suggest soccer or lacrosse then? Possibly cricket??

I hear this eeeeeeeeeeeeeevery year..."I not renewing my season tickets, I'm not gonna go to a single game, I'm not getting the Center Ice package, I'm not gonna watch them on TV". You people are lying to yourselves! If you were that indifferent to this team then you WOULDN'T be on this board posting about them everyday. I complain about this team a lot and I get as frustrated as anyone at their shortcomings; but when I get back to the US I am going to catch every game possible - in person and on TV in HD. Why? Because I am addicted just like you all are. Why else would you be here? We are all addicts and the Sabres are our drug of choice.

Archived