Pens sign Gonchar!!

LabattBlue

Guest BuffaloDynamiteII

I'm on Darcy's back like everyone else, but no way this dude is worth 5m a year! The owners are f'in themselves again. The NHL should just go away.

he's good, but $25 million? that's a joke...how the hell can they afford that? Thanks to SuperMario for driving up the market value of all the remaining offensive defensemen out there

Only good news about this is that Pittsburgh was rumored to be after Rafalski, maybe we have a shot at getting him now, but if Gonchar's "worth" $5mm/yr and Aucoin's "worth" $4mm/year, than Rafalski's going to get $4mm+ with his numbers, and I doubt Darcy's willing to do that, especially for a guy that's 5'9" 195 lbs and is questionable in his own end..I can see another Andy Delmore situation after he gets into Lindy's doghouse...

he's good, but $25 million? that's a joke...how the hell can they afford that? Thanks to SuperMario for driving up the market value of all the remaining offensive defensemen out there

Only good news about this is that Pittsburgh was rumored to be after Rafalski, maybe we have a shot at getting him now, but if Gonchar's "worth" $5mm/yr and Aucoin's "worth" $4mm/year, than Rafalski's going to get $4mm+ with his numbers, and I doubt Darcy's willing to do that, especially for a guy that's 5'9" 195 lbs and is questionable in his own end..I can see another Andy Delmore situation after he gets into Lindy's doghouse...

Am I the only one who thinks that Rafalski is only SLIGHTLY more the player that Jason Woolley was?

Just say no to Rafalski at any amount over 2.5 million per year.

Maybe we can get a package deal of Rafalski and Stevens, that way Stevens can cover Rafalski's ass like he's done for years in Jersey...$7mm for the pair...as an added bonus, we can watch Lindros recoil in horror 8 times a season when he's a Leaf and he sees Stevens barreling toward him on the ice..

Unless he's paired with a GREAT defender, Rafalski's a scary proposition...a Delmore in the making..but it's better than Soupy Campbell running the power play!

Archived