If Darcy continues to neglect the Sabres...

gwpom

We as fans have one clear recourse if we do not like the way Darcy is handling the new free agency. If you haven't bought tickets yet, don't. If you've already bought your season tickets, demand a refund. Now. This week. Bottom line is the only thing they are concerned about is the bottom line...not the fans. The only, ONLY way our voices will be heard is by near empty games. Sad, but true.

Guest Guest

Thats Brilliant!!!!

Worked great in other cities too.

Worked great for other teams too!! the Jets oh wait they are the coyotes now. Dont forget the Baltimore Colts..ohh yeah never mind.

Lets go Seattle Sabres!

If you are satisfied with the team as it currently stands and the free agency lethargy it is currently in, then by all means, buy the tickets. I'm sure there are fans out there who think the turtle-like stance is fine, that we're dumping deadwood and looking to young propects and that we don't need any solid veteran players.....

And when the Sabres miss the playoffs again, oh well, right?

I'm tired of the Sabres not being players when it comes to drafting/trading, not being competative, of not having a chance. And I'm just saying that if fans are in agreement with that frustration, voting with your dollars is the strongest method to get your point across. Obviously if you think the team is headed in the right direction, you would disagree with me.

3 days into free agency and its the end of the world. People really need to calm down.

I am splitting season tickets regardless of what Regier does, but it's not a promising start when you lose your top forward AND top defenseman AND you appear hell bent on going into training camp with the three headed goaltending mess once again.

Guest Crows57

3 days into FA, maybe 20 players signed out of 200 and it's time to panic?

Relax. Only players getting overpaid are signing now.

Guest Guest
I am splitting season tickets regardless of what Regier does, but it's not a promising start when you lose your top forward AND top defenseman AND you appear hell bent on going into training camp with the three headed goaltending mess once again.

Satan wasn't the top forward anymore. For that reason alone, it made no sense for him to be far and away the highest paid player on the team. As for Zhitnik, keep in mind that they could've resigned him last year too. I get the feeling that he was never in the future plans anyway. And now onto the goalies. That situation will be cleared up after training camp. They can't just move one now, not knowing whether or not Miller is completely NHL ready yet.

Satan wasn't the top forward anymore. For that reason alone, it made no sense for him to be far and away the highest paid player on the team. As for Zhitnik, keep in mind that they could've resigned him last year too. I get the feeling that he was never in the future plans anyway. And now onto the goalies. That situation will be cleared up after training camp. They can't just move one now, not knowing whether or not Miller is completely NHL ready yet.

Satan wasn't the Sabres best forward? Then who is?

I agree with this. Briere.

Really?

Satan has an off year and scores 29. The ninth time in 10 years he has over 20.

Briere has a breakout year and scores 28? The same player who was so low at one point he was actually traded straight up for Chris Gratton?

Riddle me this Batman :

With the Sabres two best players on the Island now. What teams are the Sabres going to beat out for a playoff spot? Really! Take a look at the Eastern Conference and the teams that were in the playoffs. Throw in the Thrashers and project which two teams will fall out inorder for the Sabres to make it.

Guest shrader
Briere has a breakout year and scores 28? The same player who was so low at one point he was actually traded straight up for Chris Gratton?

Yeah, and Satan was traded for Craig Millar and Barry Moore. What's your point?

Yeah, and Satan was traded for Craig Millar and Barry Moore. What's your point?

Millar and Moore were considered valued prospects at the time and Satan was only in his second year.

Briere played his way out Phoenix in his fifth year.

The point is that if you think Briere is a better player then you're nuts. No one outside of Buffalo even knows who he is. Satan gave what little offense the Sabres can muster some credibility.

And make a huge note of this. Satan and Zhitnik didn't want to play here. Why? The perception is that this franchise doesn't do what it takes to win. Players talk. Agents talk. And don't fool yourself into thinking that other players around the league don't hear what these players say about the Sabres. Players like Audette, Peca, Gilmour and Andreychuk had nothing good to say about this organIzation after they left.

Teams get reputations.

And the Sabres rep sucks.

Guest shrader

Simple question, do you seriously think that the Sabres would give out the kind of money that many of these players have gotten so far? If you do, you're severly disillusioned.

ok look, i'm not happy with Zhitnik leaving, but while that upsets me, i'm glad we weren't stupid and picked up Darrien Hatcher... talk about a usless player in a wide open setting, that guy couldn't keep up with Mike Wilson.

What some of you don't understand is that it IS a privledge to have a hockey team at this point, let alone a football team. I'm not saying you can't be mad about what the team does, or lack there of, but saying, "i'm not buying tickets, and you should do that same" is plain ignorance (*that's "dumb"... i know, big word). This team was GONE and by dumb LUCK Golisano saved it for who knows why. They should be in Seattle eating tofu and getting rained on, but instead they are here, showing the entire sporting world that there is still loyalty in sports... same goes for the Bills.

Do you really think Darcy is stupid? I know he causes headaches, and i'm not trying to say he's in the right here, like i said, Zhitnik not being here troubles me. But at the same time, I rather he be smart, even slightly conservative, with the salary cap so we don't end up like these other idiots when the cap number drops next season (the revenue probably won't be that high) and all these butt clown teams will be over or right on the cap. This team was good enough to make the playoffs in 03-04, December screwed them. If they went .500 that month they would have made it. We will have all these super fast, super skilled players with the leash off them for the first time in years, most of which play both ends of the ice, and a budding super star goalie in Ryan Miller. We will pick someone up this week chances are, such as Rafalski and/or Aaron Miller who would be great. And then we'll have all the cap room in the world to make trades if needed. Trust me, we're in good shape, some of you forget people like Mike Grier just got here, and Jochen Hecht is healthy now. Tim Connolly, believe it or not, should be a whole ton of fun to watch if this league holds to it's word and calls obsruction the way it should be called.

The Rangers are is STILL going to suck, so are the Blue Jackets, so are the Penguins... Florida, well, we know what it's like to have no one but an all world goalie... so anything could happen there. The Islanders? LOL yeah ok, they signed our bagage. Satan is a one way player who has a piss poor team concept. Zhitnik is getting older and while he can still skate, he's not what he once was. He was simply a steady player... but then again you all should be happy, isn't he the guy i swore i saw all you screaming "you suck" at every time he got a penalty late in the third period in a 2-1 game? Is he not the guy you ALL screamed at and make fun of for not hitting the net EVER? what changed in him that made him worth over $4 million a year exactly? the answer: NOTHING. Yes, he's a GOOD player, not great. Yes we will miss him, but that doesn't mean Kalinin can't pick up where he left off. We do have defensive problems, but I garuntee we sign a couple guys and I garuntee a prospect is ready to step up that we haven't seen yet (see: Doug Janik).

You don't have to agree with any of my assessments, i know many of you probably disagree with what I think of Satan especially, which is competely fine, i'm not actually here to argue that. But stop saying stupid things like you won't buy tickets just because they refuse to go nuts and sign every single great player. The reality is while i know someone is going to say "all i wanted was a top defensmen," that same person also would want us to get Amonte or some other piece of crap the minute we did sign that defensemen. It's a never ending cycle. I'm frusterated, I want a cup/super bowl too, but I also want to be able to drive 20 minutes to see the best athletes in the world compete for a reasonalbe price, not 3 hours. Hell the Red Sox won it after 86 years of losing... we will too, and when we do the people who didn't buy tickets because of some stupid boycott over a bunch of over priced idiots will wish he would have, but will say the exact same crap to try and justify the unjustifiable. Shut up, buy a ticket, support your team, and have fun... it's a bunch of young guys who have nothing to lose......... wait wait.... even better... IT'S PRO HOCKEY IN BUFFALO, WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? get your to the rink, and if they suck come December that's when ya panic and start asking for heads kids.

Guest I love AHL defensemen

The only way Regeir saves face is to sign 3- $2million defensemen who can actually play in the NHL. We have 2 quality D right now in Kalinin and Mckee. Patrick...done, Fitzpatrick...emergency callup...Campbell..Phil Housley without the talent, Tallinder..admitted rapist who might turn into a 3rd D, Jillson...Craig Muni without the talent, Brown...7th defenseman...Janik, maybe a 4th D in a year or two.

We have NOTHING back there. I'm fine with standing pat at foreward, and haven't cried over losing Miro, but we need real players on D, or Ryan Miller will be sucking down lithium at ECMC come November when his GAA is 6.00

Wow PM. There is so much wrong with your post I don't know where to begin.

Let's take them down in order.

1) First you pick out Darien Hatcher but ignore all of the great "young" talented defensemen that have been signed.

2) Tickets are the way that fans cast their approval onto a team. By not buying tickets you tell Status Quo that the job they are doing sucks. The Team is not just going to up move next year if the ticket sales are low. What may happen is that Golisano will get the point and make much needed changes.

3) Teams that are good enough to make the playoffs, make the playoffs. If your not in then your not good enough. It's pretty simple.

4) Neither Miller or Rafalski are the player Zhitnik is. And Tim Connolly just sucks. He's a player that sucks, coming off an head injury and Regier qualifies him for 1.5 million. That's a bunch of money the Sabres could have used to pick up a player who could actually help this team. Which qualifes Regier as an idiot.

5) And now my favorite : "he Rangers are is STILL going to suck, so are the Blue Jackets, so are the Penguins... Florida, well, we know what it's like to have no one but an all world goalie... "

Even if those teams still suck. It doesn't put the Sabres into the playoffs. They still onlt allow the top eight teams. And the Sabres are not one of them. And you can pass over the fact that the Sabres baggage was their two best players. Even without then the Islanders are better then the Sabres in every aspect. Goaltending, Defense and forwards.

I do know what it's like to nothing but an all world goalie. You reach the Cup Finals. And you make the playoffs every year. I'd take that over 4 straight years of nothing.

I do know what it's like to nothing but an all world goalie. You reach the Cup Finals. And you make the playoffs every year. I'd take that over 4 straight years of nothing.

yeah, i'd take hasek over anything right now...

All this doom and gloom is pretty comical. Free agency opened monday afternoon. The sabres have taken some hits, but last week when satan and zhitnik weren't offered contracts, we knew this was going to happen. The sabres are still a team coming out of bankruptcy, who's 2.5 days into free agency period. We all predicted the sabres would wait to see what happens before signing anyone. If the NHL CBA is geared towards equality, and the small market team, we'll all see what happens. Untill then, you guys need to either submit resumes to teams, since you're clearly experts, or have a blue or 9 and chill out!

Guest Guest

Did you happen to think that NHL players talk to each other......I know Darcy is trying the players wont come here because of RUFF! Thats why they have not signed anyone....

Archived