If Darcy continues to neglect the Sabres...

gwpom

Millar and Moore were considered valued prospects at the time and Satan was only in his second year.

Briere played his way out Phoenix in his fifth year.

The point is that if you think Briere is a better player then you're nuts. No one outside of Buffalo even knows who he is. Satan gave what little offense the Sabres can muster some credibility.

And make a huge note of this. Satan and Zhitnik didn't want to play here. Why? The perception is that this franchise doesn't do what it takes to win. Players talk. Agents talk. And don't fool yourself into thinking that other players around the league don't hear what these players say about the Sabres. Players like Audette, Peca, Gilmour and Andreychuk had nothing good to say about this organIzation after they left.

Teams get reputations.

And the Sabres rep sucks.

Good post.

Right now the Sabres are a lower class franchise and unfortunately that is the bottom line.

About Briere: I have friends who like other teams who watch a ton of hockey, and they sure do know Briere and respect his talents. So on that point I somewhat disagree but your other comments are right on point.

we arent one player away just yet, so siging some big free agent isnt the answer. I think its smart to evaluate our team under the new rules and system, and then go shopping next year. id hate to over spend in a panic, or pick someone up that we find out isnt as great as we thought b/c we havent seen how the refs will call obstruction throughout a season.

Guest http://buffalosports.tk
We as fans have one clear recourse if we do not like the way Darcy is handling the new free agency. If you haven't bought tickets yet, don't. If you've already bought your season tickets, demand a refund. Now. This week. Bottom line is the only thing they are concerned about is the bottom line...not the fans. The only, ONLY way our voices will be heard is by near empty games. Sad, but true.

Organized protest would be a better approach, im serious too. Anyone interested? Darcy has dug the hole deeper and deeper ever since our trip to the finals....he must go!

Deluca:

1. what young defensemen were worth $4 million a year and capable of replacing Zhinik? lol NO ONE. We have enougn young defensemen, we needed someone who was a vetren and could skate.

2. I didn't say the team would up and leave, I said we're lucky to have one to begin with... obviously they won't up and leave NOW... what i'm saying is that not buying tickets because we didn't sign a free agent that any of you wanted is stupid because we have a great set of YOUNG DEFENSMEN here already. PS: THEY HAVE'T PLAYED A GAME YET, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THEY'LL PERFORM. It was a rebuilding period in a flawed league which has not been corrected at least off the ice. I agree, the rebuilding needs to be over, we've waitind long enough, but i saw enough in this team before they were finished in 2003 - 2004 to believe they are now a playoff team.

3. So yeah let's trade the entire team then. All of them must suck because they missed the playoffs by a few points. So get rid of Briere, Kalinin, Hecht, Dumont, Grier, Afinagenov, Drury, all of them then huh? it's that simple then, they all suck, trade Rochester too while you're at it because we don't need to give Vanek, Paille, Roy, Janik, hell anyone a chance to step up at all because we suck already.

4. Can't defend Connolly to be honest. There i'll give ya that. No they are not Zhitnik, but 4 years at over $4 milion a year is too much for a 32 year old.

5. My point wans't to say that we'll beat them out, my point was that so many people think that just because these crap teams sign a few palyers they are now better than us... they're not, they're just crap teams with a decent player or two now... one player does not turn a team of all around crap to the playoffs... one player on a team with some crap and some decent... maybe. I think the Sabres have minimal crap to be honest.

I'd love to have Hasek back, i really would, or someone close, but NO ONE IS HASEK. NO ONE, not Broduer, Luongo, NO ONE. That guy, in his prime, was a God practically. Luongo played amazing, the Panthers still sucked and missed the palyoffs by a mile.

So now we're protesting???? why don't you ass clowns take the signs over to Giambra's house and ask for his resignation? you're telling me you have the time to protest a hockey team but not, ya know, the government that makes your taxes higher than EVERYONE ELSE'S????????????? Do ya see something wrong here kids???

Ya'll sound like "Mike in Cheektowaga..." ya know that guy on sports talk radio shows who calls up and makes the single dumbest point in history because he feels we should sign everything and trade Biron for Lemieux? Common guys, this prostest idea is pathetic.

yeah, i'd take hasek over anything right now...

All this doom and gloom is pretty comical. Free agency opened monday afternoon. The sabres have taken some hits, but last week when satan and zhitnik weren't offered contracts, we knew this was going to happen. The sabres are still a team coming out of bankruptcy, who's 2.5 days into free agency period. We all predicted the sabres would wait to see what happens before signing anyone. If the NHL CBA is geared towards equality, and the small market team, we'll all see what happens. Untill then, you guys need to either submit resumes to teams, since you're clearly experts, or have a blue or 9 and chill out!

You're saying another year without the playoffs is OK? Why not two? Why not "let's all be happy with just having a team"?

What moves do you think the Sabres can make between know and the begining of the season? Aaron Miller is nice. But he doesn't make the Sabres a playoff team.

Take a closer look. While Sabre Nation burns and Darcey fiddles, teams like the Thrashers and the Pens are leap frogging over the Sabres. By being aggressive

and getting players that make them better, not the Teppo's of the world, they are going to see the benefits in the standings and the box office.

And all that crap you here about the Sabres being in great cap shape. The Cincy Bengals were in great cap shape for a decade and never made the playoffs. The lie that is every team in the league except the Sabres will be maxed out over the next few seasons so players will have to play for the Sabres by default is what it is..crap.

Archived