-OT-Gamers

BrightLights

Hello friends. Sorry, I know this is a little bit of a repeat thread, but I can't find the old one, not sure it even exists anymore. I am thinking about buying a PS3 since my old X-box is pretty much dead. I like the fact it plays the blue ray's. My only concern is I have heard they can overheat. I was just fishing for some info and see what others thought. I read that they have some new hardware so they don't get as hot as they used to. Any advice any of you games could give me. Thanks for any input and advice. And as always . . . Go Sabres!

Our OT shootouts have been in the toilet this year, thats the only thing I will give Briere. But I am still looking for those youtube overtime clips from the 2008 season to surface!

I am hoping our OT Gamers are Pominville, Roy (needs a big one for his resume), Hecht too, and Paille deserves a highlight reel OT goal.

I think we all live for OT Gamers!

Hello friends. Sorry, I know this is a little bit of a repeat thread, but I can't find the old one, not sure it even exists anymore. I am thinking about buying a PS3 since my old X-box is pretty much dead. I like the fact it plays the blue ray's. My only concern is I have heard they can overheat. I was just fishing for some info and see what others thought. I read that they have some new hardware so they don't get as hot as they used to. Any advice any of you games could give me. Thanks for any input and advice. And as always . . . Go Sabres!

I have a 360 and hadn't heard, be it from kids at school or from trolling around ign.com, that they tend to overheat. Not having a PS3 though, I may have just forgotten reading or hearing about it. A quick google search and it seems that they do produce even more heat than the 360, but provided the area you plan on placing it is well ventilated, overheating doesn't appear to be a major concern.

I picked up one of the Nyko cooling fan things for my 360 (about $25) and I think they're available for the PS3 too. It really does seem to lower the temperature, at least to the touch. If you're putting it in an entertainment center that restricts airflow you might experience trouble, otherwise it appears they just run hot but without problems.

You might want to check out What's up with my PS3 overheating? on Yahoo answers or the paragraph below the image on this ign.com article for more info if you haven't done so already.

I imagine I'm not the only person here that's been kicking around the idea of getting a PS3 for its BluRay capabilities, so if you pull the trigger, please let us know how it goes.

Archived