Are 200 club seats better than 100 level?

GreenDice

Newbie here.

Have not been to too many Sabre games. Always sat at 300 level. Wanted to get better seats for my next game.

Q: Are 200 club seats really better than 100 level seats? I want to get closer but worry about the glass, especially the first few rows. Should I try to get 100 level but higher rows?

Thanks in advance.

welcome...

I've sat in both 100's and 200's... I'd recommend the 200's. They're at the camera level, so its like you're watching the game on tv. Not too far down with bad angles, and not too far up and away from the puck. Plus, in the 200's there's a drink girl so you don't have to get up for your $9.00 gin and tonic.

300's for me.

The 200's are too stuffy. Too many doctors and lawyers and people yelling at you to sit down. I don't need that. I wanna swill beer and root my team on loudly.

Some areas of the 100's are decent. I don't like sitting behind the goal since the advent of the the new nets to protect fans. They annoy me more than anything. If you sit too low, u can't see crap on the other end.

Like PA said, higher the better. If u can get decent seats in the 100's that are in row 20 or higher, youre gold.

300's for me.

The 200's are too stuffy. Too many doctors and lawyers and people yelling at you to sit down. I don't need that. I wanna swill beer and root my team on loudly.

Some areas of the 100's are decent. I don't like sitting behind the goal since the advent of the the new nets to protect fans. They annoy me more than anything. If you sit too low, u can't see crap on the other end.

Like PA said, higher the better. If u can get decent seats in the 100's that are in row 20 or higher, youre gold.

LOL that is very true. When I sit in the 200s and people tell me to sit down I just stand more and yell louder...it's a hockey game for god's sake, you should expect yelling, screaming and foul language. I hate snobs.

I actually like sitting in the front rows of the 300 level, very easy to see the entire ice and the whole arena. I also like sitting 2nd row in the sections to the right or left of the penalty box. The problem is, as others have said, you cant see much action in the opposite corner of where you are sitting.

200s rock. Upper 100 are also great. Lower 100 are completely obstructed.

Also, first two rows of 300s are great as well.

Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

If price isn't any issue, the I'd go with the 200s. If it is lower 300 are that much of a downgrade.

I never went to a game at the Aud...

Anybody care to wax nostalgic about the place? I'd really like to know what it would have been like to go to a game there.

Also, am I the only one who would be interested in buying the some seats from the Aud before they change it to bass pro? Who should I contact about this, maybe we could get something going...

I could go on all night about that place ... and I probably will, but it will have to be tomorrow ...

but as for buying seats, I would love that too ...I read a column in the Buffalo News a while back where Bob DiCasare was saying he thought there was a market for them but the city siad it would cost more to try to remove them and try to sell them than it would make ... he disagreed, maybe if enough people contact the city about it they will reconsider.

I could go on all night about that place ... and I probably will, but it will have to be tomorrow ...

but as for buying seats, I would love that too ...I read a column in the Buffalo News a while back where Bob DiCasare was saying he thought there was a market for them but the city siad it would cost more to try to remove them and try to sell them than it would make ... he disagreed, maybe if enough people contact the city about it they will reconsider.

I can't remember the name of the idiot(and I use the term loosely) from the city that was quoted in the column. Even if the city made just a little money or broke even, what a great gesture it would be to the Buffalo fans to allow them to purchase the seats.

I remember in the column that he said the cushioned seats (golds and lower reds) were basically useless now. Why? I've had furniture sitting in an attic forever that hasn't gone bad. It just sounded like a big excuse so that nobody from the city will have to go through the effort to do any additional work.

This really pisses me off! :angry:

Hockey is the only game that is better when viewed from the end zones. I vote for 100 level behind the nets.

PTR

I agree, i usually sit in the 300s, mostly because i am a cheap a$$, but i try to go down to the 100's once every now and then usually when i just go with like a girl to the game, but 100 level behind the goals is solid seating. The net doesn't interfer with me... and the atmoshere is pretty solid too.

Guest The Aud One

I would vote for 100 level behind the nets. The white mesh is easy to look through and the prices are reasonable. I am used to watching from the end-zone anyways and you see 95% of the rink, as well as whether or not a shot is on goal as soon as it leaves the stick.

The lower rows of the 300 level are great too (again, behind the nets would be my vote).

In the HSBC, there are 100 Level III and IV seats which are generally the same as the 200 level (in front of the Harbor Club). The only real difference is that you may be slightly lower and have a little trouble seeing into the net in front of you (they are closer to the boards now, and fans arms/heads can get in the way of the goal line a little bit). The 200 level is higher and overlooks the 100 level fans enough to make it a better view.

Guest The Aud One

The 200 level seats (all of them) are the probably the best overall view but they can cost you. The atmosphere isn't always the most rowdy either in that level (although in a big enough game it doesn't matter).

You just want to make sure you are not in a spot where you can see half the ice through the glass, and the other half over the glass. My seats this year are like that, and it takes a second for your eyes to adjust when you are watching the play through the glass, and the puck moves to somewhere where you are looking over the glass. Does this happen to anyone else?

I had seats at MSG right behind the net for the Sabres Rangers game. The netting there didn't obstruct my vision at all.

300's for me.

thats a good call... the last thing i need is someone else ruining my game experience because they feel there too old to get up and jump and cheer there team on... (disclaimer: im sure there are many older fans here that LOVE to jump up and down and cheer and thats awsome... i talk strictly to those who would sit there and talk business instead of enjoy the game... disclaimer) however thats mostly at leaf games... as a matter a fact its everywhere in leaf games.

Archived