Placement of this forum

PASabreFan

it is more of a "reduced" clicking thing. Most people will be on the main board, but for those that may be interested in other convo are only one click away (and they can see the last active thread).

KR is right - you can easily hide this board in the upgrade which will be rolled out any day.

With that said, if there is a strong preference - it can be moved if needed.

I understand the logic now, thanks, but I wonder if any visitors from The Sabres Report front page, clicking through to the Center Ice forum, will see the Aud Club at the top of the page and think that's the main forum. At least on my monitor, I have to scroll down to see the Center Ice threads.

And shouldn't there be a link to the Aud Club from the forums home page? Also, on The Sabres Report front page, I think it's time to replace the Go Sabres! message board graphic. The forum isn't even called that anymore. And there's more than one forum, so the title should reflect that.

Just my .02.

Another comment: Do we really need to have a separate forum for non-Sabre hockey topics? Seems to me that discussion of hockey skates, the Olympics, women's hockey, college hockey and the like could go in the main forum. I don't think we have enough posts right now to split things up. I envisioned the general discussion forum as being a place for totally non-hockey topics like politics, other sports, films, things going on in Buffalo yada yada yada.

Another comment: Do we really need to have a separate forum for non-Sabre hockey topics? Seems to me that discussion of hockey skates, the Olympics, women's hockey, college hockey and the like could go in the main forum. I don't think we have enough posts right now to split things up. I envisioned the general discussion forum as being a place for totally non-hockey topics like politics, other sports, films, things going on in Buffalo yada yada yada.

Good point. Some people are very sensitive about "mixing"... Personally, I like it all in one place, but I understand that many do not.

I guess I just noticed that we are soooo on-topic that maybe posters are reluctant to stray from the Sabres/NHL?

Archived