The Gretzky talk is getting annoying...

SDS

How do you know he's not involved? It sure looks bad for the Great One -- his assistant coach is running it and his wife is involved in it up to her amazing eyes. It's a great story, and the media can't resist. Having said that, aren't they just doing their job? I mean, what else is there to talk about? It's not like Dick Cheney shot a guy! Slow news week...

Guest Guest_Rabbit151

:unsure: I work in a bar, for many years, that has a reputation for, how should we say, encounters between consenting adults. I see every type. Young ones who want to party, divorcees looking to rebound, milf's looking for...you get the idea.

I don't think Gretzky is involved in the gambling. But, as a jaded, cynical bartender, the thing that struck me was that his good friend and wife were consorting in the gambling business. Curious. Wayne is out of town scouting for the olympics. Janet is home alone, so Rick comes over to keep her company and help her decide who to throw 10 grand on for the superbowl.

Next time Wayne is out, Rick comes over to help Janet decide who will win some college basketball game. This time he brings over a bottle of wine to celebrate picking the Steelers in the Superbowl. I think we all know where this goes. I look at that stress on Gretzky's face and I wonder if Janet has confessed. We'll probably never know because I think the Great One would rather forget about it and stay married than to get divorced and reveal the infidelity.

What do you think? That's just my bartender instincts talking.

It's a big story, but they should wait until their is something new to report instead of rehashing the same BS.

that's my point. As of right now - WG is not involved and if he is it will come out in due time. At THAT point, release the hounds... until then, there is only so much you can say about Wayne and his refusal to answer questions.

:unsure: I work in a bar, for many years, that has a reputation for, how should we say, encounters between consenting adults. I see every type. Young ones who want to party, divorcees looking to rebound, milf's looking for...you get the idea.

I don't think Gretzky is involved in the gambling. But, as a jaded, cynical bartender, the thing that struck me was that his good friend and wife were consorting in the gambling business. Curious. Wayne is out of town scouting for the olympics. Janet is home alone, so Rick comes over to keep her company and help her decide who to throw 10 grand on for the superbowl.

Next time Wayne is out, Rick comes over to help Janet decide who will win some college basketball game. This time he brings over a bottle of wine to celebrate picking the Steelers in the Superbowl. I think we all know where this goes. I look at that stress on Gretzky's face and I wonder if Janet has confessed. We'll probably never know because I think the Great One would rather forget about it and stay married than to get divorced and reveal the infidelity.

What do you think? That's just my bartender instincts talking.

Jeremy Roenick placed bets with Tocchet too ... maybe he was looking for a little on the side ... puts a whole new spin on those NHL Center Ice commercials from a couple years back where Roenick is living in the big house with a bunch of guys and he cooks a nice pot roast and they all just want to watch hockey ... ;)

I find Gretzky's denials to be very wishy-washy, the body language is pretty suspicious. The most I've heard him say is that he's not "involved." Could he not later say, sure, I placed bets, but I meant I wasn't involved in financing the operation or helping to run it. He hasn't come out and said he didn't place a bet, at least that I've heard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived